Is it normal for the iPhone 6 Plus to take around 3 hours to charge from 0% to 100%?

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys I've noticed my 6+ takes ages to get from 0%-100%. It takes roughly 3 hours to get full. Is this normal? I'm using the charger I got from my,6+. I'm not sure if this is a bad thing.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
IPhone taking ages to charge.

Just use a charger with more output, like the iPad charger which has more than 2.x Ampere

That gives you more than 10W instead of 5W, which your standard charger gives you

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
IPhone taking ages to charge.

Because the batteries are bigger it is taking longer. The same with my 6. I don't even want to touch it while charging because of how long it takes when I'm not bothering it. I thought the purpose of the lightening cable was speed but I guess they didn't improve charging time this time around.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
c703d2e5ce289485a15637071d02b231.jpg

I'll definitely be getting this for my truck.

Big Dookie

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Because the batteries are bigger it is taking longer. The same with my 6. I don't even want to touch it while charging because of how long it takes when I'm not bothering it. I thought the purpose of the lightening cable was speed but I guess they didn't improve charging time this time around.

Note, data speed and charging speed, while handled via the same cable, are two completely different things. How fast your battery is charged is purely a function of how large the battery is and how much current you can push through it. Different types of chargers will allow more current than others, but eventually you will reach a limit in how much current will be allowed by both the charger and the USB standard. The lightening port makes no difference in this regard.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Sounds fine. With the little 5w/1a iPhone charger, my 5S can take a up to a couple hours from 5% to 100%... and that is a much smaller battery to fill.

PeltFrelken

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't know about the iPhone 6, but with my iPad 3, it takes a long time to fully charge. Many hours. It's because the batteries are getting so huge in these devices in order to power the larger, Retina displays.
You might want to get in the habit of charging overnight.

Lesawags

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Designed4him is right. I read that the new iPhones have the same .. I don't know voltage capacity as the iPads.. 2.1 I think. They do charge slit faster using IPad charger.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen