Finally made a reservation!

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I didn't manage to get the pre-orders so I had to order my phone on Sunday from the Apple Store, 3-4 weeks dispatch. I learned that night that apples online store updates its stock at midnight so for the past two nights around midnight i've been constantly refreshing the page. Last night I wasn't fast enough and the phones were gone.

Tonight though, the second it came online I managed to reserve it in time. Tomorrow i'll be picking up my silver 64GB iPhone 6 Plus.

I've never reserved & collected a phone before. How does it usually play out in the Apple Store? I don't seem to have a reservation code or anything like that in the confirmation email they sent me.

Also, does the 6 Plus use the same sized sim card as the 5s?

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
For those waiting weeks, here's what I did.

Everynight at midnight the apple online store updates stock. If you continuously refresh the reservations page you'll be there the second it comes online, go straight into making a reservation and you might just get the phone you want. The UK reservation page is here

https://reserve.cdn-apple.com/GB/en_GB/reserve/iPhone/availability

Not sure the links to other countries etc. Just managed to reserve my iPhone for pickup tomorrow and cancelled my order. Instead of waiting 3-4 weeks I get mine tomorrow.

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes to the SIM card.
They will probably send you another email with a reservation code but you should still be ok regardless. Just make sure to get in the correct line-the store probably has one for those with reservations and those just lining up to get one.
Anyway you show them your reservation, someone goes and gets the phone and offers to help set it up and activate it if you need help.

Thank you!