Bluetooth issues using iPhone 6/6 Plus and Ford Sync?

brett_f

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Since getting my iPhone 6 Plus, I've noticed what seems to be compatibility issues with my Ford F-150. When I initiate a call from my phone, I get about 5 seconds of audio through Sync, then it shows that my call disconnected, even though the call is actually still active on the phone. If I choose to use the iPhone or Speaker, I can continue my call.

I've done the delete, re-pair, master reset on Sync, iPhone reset/set up as new.. etc. etc. Nothing seems to help.

Anyone else having these issues? Any information on how to resolve it, if possible?

Thanks.

-Brett

decypher44

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
The issues I'm having so far:

1) Will not notify me of texts at all, and won't read them when I get them on my phone.
2) Getting the option to answer a call takes a while after the phone has already started ringing.
3) I don't get a "beep" confirmation tone of ending a call.

This is actually disappointing. I have a 2014 Ford Fusion Titanium. My HTC One worked extremely well with Sync. It was a little sketchy on texts, bu performed properly on about 90% of them. I thought once I went iPhone, it would be better, but it's actually worse.

decypher44

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Since getting my iPhone 6 Plus, I've noticed what seems to be compatibility issues with my Ford F-150. When I initiate a call from my phone, I get about 5 seconds of audio through Sync, then it shows that my call disconnected, even though the call is actually still active on the phone. If I choose to use the iPhone or Speaker, I can continue my call.

I've done the delete, re-pair, master reset on Sync, iPhone reset/set up as new.. etc. etc. Nothing seems to help.

Anyone else having these issues? Any information on how to resolve it, if possible?

Thanks.

-Brett

Not sure if you were the one that posted on the SYNC forum:

http://boards.synccommunity.com/discussions/Welcome_to_SYNC_Owner_to_Owner/Mobile_Phones/Iphone__6_Plus/fordsyncmb/9290.1?nav=messages

Anyway, seems to be issues for some people. I can make calls, listen to audio. Texts aren't working.

brett_f

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
That wasn't me. I'm trying to figure out if I have a faulty iPhone 6 Plus. I don't have any issues in my truck with my wife's iPhone 5 running iOS 8. But, her Ford Edge (with Microsoft Sync) is exhibiting the same behavior with my iPhone 6 Plus.

So, I don't think it's specific to iOS 8, or to my truck. That leaves my phone. Now, what I would like to know is whether or not it's an issue with MY phone, or all iPhone 6's. I'm still within my 14 day return period right now.

trebor8806

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
No problems with my 2014 Fusion syncing with iPhone 6 Plus. I have only used it for Bluetooth media stream. If I don't get alerted for texts then that's great because that s***s annoying when it stops my music.

brett_f

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Did you ever get your Bluetooth working, mine still isn't.

Joey, my iPhone 6 Plus has worked fine since upgrading to 8.0.2.

Before that upgrade though, I got it to work by doing the following steps:

1. Go to Settings, General, Reset
2. Touch Reset All Settings

Yeah. Sucked. After resetting it and then going back and putting everything back like I wanted it (Wallpaper, Display, Sounds, etc. etc.) the phone worked fine in my truck. The only catch was that if I rebooted my phone, it would stop working and I would have to do the Reset trick again. Sucked.

That being said, I installed 8.0.2 when it came out and I've rebooted my phone several times and it still works great in my truck.

-Brett

pv_2014 escape

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Having the same exact issue with my iPhone 6 and 2014 Escape. Bluetooth audio works and so does FaceTime. I can also listen to my voicemail. But if I try to talk on the phone, it cuts out after 5 seconds.

zammitmd

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
My IPHONE 6 does not have sound in my 2014 F 150 Plat. My previous Iphone 5 had no problems. Concerned since my Iphone 6 is showing synced but will not allow me to converse via sync. I have to put my phone on speaker or to my ear to hear. Anyone have suggestions or problems with their Iphone 6 not having sound when synced?

zammitmd

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
HI Brett, I am having the exact same issues with my Iphone 6. I never had a problem until I got this phone, everything else seems to be working fine. Not sure what the issue is?

DOOG9517

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I have new Hyundai, and my 6plus has the same issue, but not my 6. I tried to reset the settings like brett_f said, but it stopped working after a soft reset.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77