There are a few cases of the iPhone 6 Plus bending, circulating online

Status
Not open for further replies.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Wouldn't it depend on how you handle your precious? It wouldn't bend on it's own, I can guarantee that lol.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
iPhone 6 Plus Bend Test

Unbox Therapy just uploaded a video of them doing a 6 Plus bend test. It made me cringe! I haven't seen a phone bend like that in a very long time. If you look at the video, his phone had a little curve to it and I'm wondering if all of them have the little curve in the center? Will you worry about bending? I mean, I hope no one sits and starts bending their phone but you would think the aluminum would be more sturdy; especially since the Plus is bigger (& thin).

Enjoy! :concern:

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 6 Plus bends!

Although I am buying the 6 Plus soon, and I already took the decision. The photos posted today showing a bent iPhone 6 or 6 Plus scares the sh*t out of me, specially that at least two of the cases mentioned that they were using the front pockets.

My iPhone 5S got bent a little bit in my front pocket but because the phone is think it never showed clearly so I am really ok with it. Things are much different on the 6 Plus with the new slim rounded shape, it does show clearly and it looks very bad!

In winter things should be simple because we all wear jackets with inside pockets that should keep the device safe, but what about summer?! I wear polo shirts with pants, so the only pockets I got are those in my pants, where should I keep my iPhone 6 Plus.

I remember once I was using the 5S once in bed and suddenly slept. During my sleep the 5S became under my body with all pressure on it but nothing happened, just imagining what would happen to the 6 Plus scares the sh*t out of me!!

Here is some pictures of the cases:

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1411506799.454727.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1411506807.729916.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1411506814.709880.jpg

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: iPhone 6 Plus bends!

Not surprising. Apple is so bent on thin, this is expected. Not to mention the 6+ is a huge device, puts more stress on it when in a pocket. They do not reinforce the aluminum frame, so this is a possibility, just like with the 5/5s. Apple needs to worry more about making it a little ticket, or using a different material next time.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Same thing every new release. Its nothing more than people trying to get attention from a popular product.

No, just put design on apple part. They could have avoided this by reinforcing the frame. But when all they care spot is being super thin, this is what happens.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I'm not concerned a bit, to be honest. That guy pressed the heck out of that thing to get it to bend and I don't foresee me putting that kind of pressure on my iPhone 6 Plus when I get it. Period. :)

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
iPhone 6 Plus Bend Test

Unbox Therapy just uploaded a video of them doing a 6 Plus bend test. It made me cringe! I haven't seen a phone bend like that in a very long time. If you look at the video, his phone had a little curve to it and I'm wondering if all of them have the little curve in the center? Will you worry about bending? I mean, I hope no one sits and starts bending their phone but you would think the aluminum would be more sturdy; especially since the Plus is bigger (& thin).

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Re: iPhone 6 Plus Bend Test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znK652H6yQM&list=UUsTcErHg8oDvUnTzoqsYeNw

I've merged your thread with an already existing thread on the topic.

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site

yeah i mean when you're bending it so hard your hands are shaking...it's gonna bend...personally i would think as long as you're careful and put a good case on it you'll be fine. i don't plan on trying to hulk out on my phone.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

The direction of the bend would suggest that the phone would have to be sideways in a front pocket. Who wears pants that would allow a sideways i6 Plus in the front pockets? Also, it would have to be a lot of thigh and tight jeans pressure, so I'm not buying the front pocket stories. Sitting down with the phone in a back pocket would produce the direction of the bend in the phone, and I don't know why anyone would put a $650-$1000 phone in their back pocket and then sit on it.

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Omg I couldn't watch that video. It hurts me. Lol. What moron would put that pressure on their phone. It's ridiculous.

But I'm scared because now I can't wear my mini skinny jeans. Ugh. It's frustating.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711