There are a few cases of the iPhone 6 Plus bending, circulating online

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
This PC crap is for the birds...guy is severely obese just by seeing the picture, so anything in his pocket is going to stand the chance of being turned into a diamond.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I was under the impression the Plus was made to be put in your suit/shirt pocket or bag/briefcase. I cannot see myself keeping that thing in my pants pocket.

falconeight

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
He has his own site, wrote a book, and sometimes writes for other sites. I don't think he is "doing it for the attention"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CNN has their own site and they just published the story of random people saying that bent their iPhones in their front pockets. The real problem is that the bigger size attracted android users like the guy in the BBC pic and they are use to galaxy notes in a otter box.

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
CNN has their own site and they just published the story of random people saying that bent their iPhones in their front pockets. The real problem is that the bigger size attracted android users like the guy in the BBC pic and they are use to galaxy notes in a otter box.

How do you arrive at that conclusion? Ha... That's a really specific scenario.

ಠ益ಠ

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

So that makes it any less of an issue? Nope, the real problem is Apple not reinforcing the frame to prevent this. But I'm not going to go back and forth with you. Clearly Apple can do no wrong and everyone else is at fault.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I have to agree that this is clearly Apple's fault. I do, however, agree that it is being overblown more than it needs to be. Any piece of technology is not going to be indestructible. It is up to us to take care of it the best we possibly can. Seeing as a rather strong amount of force is needed to warp the phone, I don't think it is cause for concern. I am also sure that Apple will replace it should it happen, knowing them.

falconeight

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
So that makes it any less of an issue? Nope, the real problem is Apple not reinforcing the frame to prevent this. But I'm not going to go back and forth with you. Clearly Apple can do no wrong and everyone else is at fault.

Its not an issue. The issue is people sitting on their phones or bending them with full strength.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Sorry but putting your phone in your pocket, front pocket anyways should NOT result in the device getting bent. Say what you want about Samsung devices as I have had many of them they never bent on me. Then again I have had iPhones from 4, 4S, 5 and 5S and soon the 6+ and none of my prior phones ever bent but I use a case and take care of them. Plus I never sit with my phone in my pocket anyways, the things are huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.