iOS 8 file sharing?

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't have my new phone yet so i can't test this theory...

one of the things i love about android is that you can share any photo, etc from any location (ex. the browser) to any app (ex. whatsapp or other 3rd party apps)....can iOS do this yet? I know you can send to Facebook, twitter or mail, but can you add all your social media apps yet?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
iOS 8 photo editing is much improved and the sharing feature has always been good and with AirDrop you have even more options that other platforms lack

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I don't have my new phone yet so i can't test this theory...

one of the things i love about android is that you can share any photo, etc from any location (ex. the browser) to any app (ex. whatsapp or other 3rd party apps)....can iOS do this yet? I know you can send to Facebook, twitter or mail, but can you add all your social media apps yet?

I can't fully answer your question as I only have a few social media apps, but sharing from the photos app at least seams to be improved. I do not see and option for Google+ but I may need to enable it somewhere.
Basically, the sharing function is not the same as Android, but it MUCH improved over iOS 7. Here is screenshot of the sharing options from the stock gallery app. Those are all of the apps that I have installed except G+.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411484004.724604.jpg

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
my understanding of airdrop was iphone to iphone only...not everyone i talk to has an iphone...therefore that option is largely unused by me. am i understanding airdrop wrong? i'm not talking about photo editing at all. purely sharing a photo or other file from one app to another.

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
my understanding of airdrop was iphone to iphone only...not everyone i talk to has an iphone...therefore that option is largely unused by me. am i understanding airdrop wrong? i'm not talking about photo editing at all. purely sharing a photo or other file from one app to another.

AirDrop is apple product to Apple product only.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I believe in iOS8, if the app you want to share to is properly updated with Extensions support, then yes you can share to it from any other app. Right now on my phone, I can share to Evernote and Pocket from almost any app because those two apps have Extensions support in their latest update.

If you can't share to a particular app that you want to, it's like either: 1. on the share sheet, hit the 'More' button on the far right to see if you just need to enable the app (most are off by default) or 2. the app you want to share too hasn't been updated for iOS8 Extensions support, which is the app developer's fault.

See below screenshot of what my apps sharing list looks like.

IMG_1793.PNG