So why Pre-Order????????

Bob_B

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
So I pre-ordered my Verizon iPhone 6 Plus through my office rep on 9/18 and now I'm being told "It Should Be" delivered by October 31......WTF?!?!? But I might get it a week earlier....really???

I thought the whole reason for pre-ordering what to get the phone on time, not a damn month and a half later.

Beyond mad right now.

Bob

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The point of pre-ordering is to try and get the phone as soon as possible. It's never guaranteed you will get it as quickly as you'd like to.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
My understanding of pre ordering (prior to handing over any money) was that I would be guaranteed a phone of my choice. It did not say anywhere that I would have a phone on release day. Not on Apple's website or any of the carriers.

nickf126

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
All day I have been restraining myself from posting this type of thing here.
I pre-ordered through T-mobile on the evening of the Friday pre-order day.
I have seen on here people who ordered after me, and they got their phone.
What makes things worse is that there is a good supply of exactly what I want in the stores near me. I cannot cancel the pre-order, or even find out when it is coming.
My first mistake was pre-ordering. Second was not ordering directly through Apple.
Live and learn I guess. I sort of feel like I am being punished for pre-ordering. I still love Tmobile, and I truly can't fault the system when 10 million phones are being sold. I'm just venting. My tech-lust is just driving me crazy.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

tattooed4515

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
If everyone could just pre order the phone whenever they want and still get it on release day no one would go wait in line. You waited until the last minute to preorder the most popular iPhone ever and probably the best selling phone ever at least of the year. Of course your not going to get it the next day. Don't be mad at the carrier or apple. Be mad at yourself for not preordering sooner.

Bob_B

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Exactly Nickf126...that's my point of posting.

They sold 10million units and I'll get mine way late? I understand I ordered mine a little late, but that's when I could do it. Its just BS that pre-orders have to wait.

Bob_B

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
tattooed4515: I don't expect it to get it the next day...but I also didn't expect to have to wait almost a month and a half for a new phone. I realize that this was going to be a popular iPhone, but to sell 10mil units out the door and you can't take care of pre-orders....that's an issue.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
What did you think all the fuss was about since it became available for pre-order? lol

And you'll probably get it way before than the estimated date. That's exactly what it is. An estimate which just gives a worst case scenario to cover themselves.

tattooed4515

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Their always going to want to sell a large number of them in stores because when the people are in the stores they see other products and buy other products on the spot, such as/mainly cases. Preordering is just assuring you the phone in the color size and carrier that you want, without having to fight crowds or lines. And sometimes that means you have to wait. I don't think people will really be waiting as long as what some of the times say they have to though.

Chief G-Hawk

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
This is why I stood in line on launch day friday. I did placed an order on Apple.com on Wednesday but would expect to ship in 3-4 week business days. I didn't mind it at all. But Friday came, I was curious to see how long the line was so decided to stop at my local mall in the afternoon.

There was a line of course about 3-4 stores long. I got there 1:40 PM, and asked if they had any 6 Plus available. Of course I knew that the 6 Plus would be short on availability, but just thought I asked. They did not had any 6 Plus models available. But I decided to reserve a 6 anyways. 1 hour later, Apple guy told us that there are indeed some 6 Plus available, and if anyone wanted to change their reservation pass that now is the time to change. So, I lucked out and made a reservation pass for the iPhone 6 Plus Gold 128 GB. I wanted the Silver model but they only had space grey or gold. I immediately canceled the order placed online and in 2 minutes I got my eligibility back.

So I went with Gold. 5 PM it was my turn, took a while but around 6 PM, I was able to walk out with iPhone 6 Plus. Of course there were still a long line.

This was my first time experiencing standing in a line like this for a phone. It was a great experience but will not be doing this again.

Bob_B

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
To All: I know I'm catching some flack here about this....its just frustrating. And then to be told by a Verizon employee that there isn't anything they can do and I'll just have to wait since its an upgrade. Apparently it takes some time to clear the system if you cancel an upgrade.

I'm hoping its just an estimate date and I'll get it in a week...or 2. But all I can do now is just wait.

tattooed4515

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Understandable. I originally preordered with att and they told me mid November. So I cancelled with them and ordered with Apple and got mid October. Well that still wasn't good enough for me so I went and waited in line Thursday night through Friday morning and got my 6 plus on launch day. Unfortunately it's just the way it is. With the iPhone being as popular as it is, especially with them finally releasing larger screens, their going to go fast, and unfortunately if your not on top of the preorders and either staying up late or waking up in time your screwed. And if you can't do that then it's go wait in line, and even that's not guaranteed. Be patient. You will get it.

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
So I pre-ordered my Verizon iPhone 6 Plus through my office rep on 9/18 and now I'm being told "It Should Be" delivered by October 31......WTF?!?!? But I might get it a week earlier....really???

I thought the whole reason for pre-ordering what to get the phone on time, not a damn month and a half later.

Beyond mad right now.

Bob

You "preordered" a week late. You have zero right to complain.

All day I have been restraining myself from posting this type of thing here.
I pre-ordered through T-mobile on the evening of the Friday pre-order day.
I have seen on here people who ordered after me, and they got their phone.
What makes things worse is that there is a good supply of exactly what I want in the stores near me. I cannot cancel the pre-order, or even find out when it is coming.
My first mistake was pre-ordering. Second was not ordering directly through Apple.
Live and learn I guess. I sort of feel like I am being punished for pre-ordering. I still love Tmobile, and I truly can't fault the system when 10 million phones are being sold. I'm just venting. My tech-lust is just driving me crazy.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Hang in there. One thought is to just pick up what you want in store. Then when your preorder does come in just return it. There is no restocking fee for online orders. Only thing that will throw a wrench in that is if you have a trade in.

ardoreal

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I preordered via Verizon on 9/12 at about 8am MST, before I could click the preorder button it told me well in advance that I'd be waiting until 10/19. I was and still am ok with this. I have Edge so I just wanted a smooth edge up transition. I'm happy and excited for everyone who has their phones and I am very pleased to have seen my estimated shipment date move up twice. Currently it sits at 9/29. If it was still 10/19, that would be fine too. It's what I signed up for. You should only be upset with yourself for getting yourself into a deal you didn't like.

For me, the great part is that everything that was great about my 5s on 9/10 is still great today and I'll be just pleased when my plus arrives. No sense in getting upset over it.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Exactly Nickf126...that's my point of posting.

They sold 10million units and I'll get mine way late? I understand I ordered mine a little late, but that's when I could do it. Its just BS that pre-orders have to wait.
You ordered it a lot late in terms of people jumping on the preorders. People were up at midnight PST ordering on 9/12 and even then by middle of the day, people were getting extended delivery dates beyond 9/19.

So for you to have ordered on 9/18 depending on the color and size configuration you ordered, it seems completely within reason that you are going to get a later date.

That's why people wake up in the middle of the night to order when the preorder actually begins and also why people choose to "camp out" and wait in line at stores.

"Preordering" the day before launch is essentially the same as any regular order.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
To All: I know I'm catching some flack here about this....its just frustrating. And then to be told by a Verizon employee that there isn't anything they can do and I'll just have to wait since its an upgrade. Apparently it takes some time to clear the system if you cancel an upgrade.

I'm hoping its just an estimate date and I'll get it in a week...or 2. But all I can do now is just wait.

You do realize that people who pre-ordered merely an hour after pre-ordering started also didn't get theirs on Friday, and may still not have it now! An hour...meaning the pre-order commenced at 12:01am, and they got theirs in at 1:01am.

I mean you can't show up to McDonalds at 3pm and be frustrated with them because they've long stopped service breakfast...and what is Verizon supposed to do for you? Magically make your iPhone appear ahead of people who pre-ordered their device LONG before you did?

Let's get real here man...you're getting flack because your complaint is asinine.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711