Frustrated waiting for carrier shipments? Apple stores have LOTS of phones everyday!

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I am very frustrated with AT&T's wait for my iPhone 6+.
Unfortunately I cannot go into a store and buy it since they are allowing me to upgrade to the 2-year price (with another 2-year contract) a few months early, so I HAD to order it through telesales, but my estimated ship date isn't until November 9.....

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
At this point I'm just gonna wait until mine ships. I have a estimate of 10/2-10/13. Hoping mine ships soon since a few others have got their phones with the same ship dates.

mackie99

May 20, 2013
Visit site
At this point I'm just gonna wait until mine ships. I have a estimate of 10/2-10/13. Hoping mine ships soon since a few others have got their phones with the same ship dates.

Is your's still processing or preparing for shipment? When and what did you order?

I have ship by date of 10/13 - 10/20

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Ordered on the 12th and completed order around 3:10ish. It's still in progress. SG Plus 128gb

It sounds like we ordered ours at the same time. I got my ordered placed message at 3:10am est and got my confirmation email around 5:30am... When did you get your confirmation email? I'm at that 10/2-10/13 ship dates.

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like we ordered ours at the same time. I got my ordered placed message at 3:10am est and got my confirmation email around 5:30am... When did you get your confirmation email? I'm at that 10/2-10/13 ship dates.

Completed order at 3:14am confirmation email by 4:40am
Order status email at 7:59 am

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Completed order at 3:14am confirmation email by 4:40am
Order status email at 7:59 am

Your one step ahead of me. I only ever received the 1st confirmation email. I never received a 2nd email with order status in it. But it does sounds like we should get our at the same time.

pararigger

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
As of 1:50 AM CST the Omaha, NE store has a 64gb plus in SG for att showing on the Apple store site for in store pick up. Just fyi.
Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I got tired of looking. Seems like AZ is perpetually out of stock for purchase and pickup. Work schedule prevents me from just going and lining up. So I ordered my wife's iPhone 6 about 10 days ago. It’s now in town and will be delivered tomorrow.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Our store in Jacksonville, FL has been sold out for awhile. A co-worker of mine had to just wait for Verizon mail him a 6+ :).

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
And just a word of advice for those of you who are looking to order a 6 Plus for pickup. Just because you check online to see if you can arrange a pickup at a local store at 11am doesn't mean you shouldn't check until the next day. Check again at 2PM, 3PM, and so forth. Inventory at the stores are updated as things come in. When I got my first 5S I checked online for a pickup 3 times in that same day. By the 3rd time a couple of hours later, it was available for pickup.

Can confirm, a buddy of mine was checking every morning for new stock. I told him to check every 2-3 hours during the day. On the second day of him doing that sometime in the afternoon he checked and snagged a 6+ ready to pick up on his way home from work.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Nice!

A buddy of ours just decided to get a 6+ and is interested in that exact model but he's with AT&T. Does anyone know --- if he purchases a T-Mo branded phone, will AT&T's carrier insurance cover it?

They probably will since AT&T doesn't use their own SKU's like Verizon does.

That70sGAdawg

Trusted Member
Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
The AT&T 6 plus 128 GB space gray is still VERY hard to find at Apple stores even in a town with more than 4 Apples stores, and about 15 AT&T corporate stores. I found a Gold model Friday, and will likely keep it if Gray doesn't show up in the next 10 days.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The AT&T 6 plus 128 GB space gray is still VERY hard to find at Apple stores even in a town with more than 4 Apples stores, and about 15 AT&T corporate stores. I found a Gold model Friday, and will likely keep it if Gray doesn't show up in the next 10 days.

I know they're hard to find but you literally have to check at the precise moment they're in the inventory during the day. I should have included a picture of the 128GB variant also being available at the same time I made that post. I just made it a habit that day to keep checking for an iPhone 6 since I was looking to purchase one and after I was done I decided to check the 6 Plus for the sake of showing the forum.

I know it sucks to keep checking but it's pretty much the best method right now.