iPhone 6 Plus: Red Leather vs Black Leather

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I know I have done so many versus topics today but I am just so confused and not sure which and what should I go for.

I have the red leather one for my iPhone 5S but it took only two to three weeks and it turned almost black from dirt although I sprayed a lot of leather protecting spray on it but nothing works, but in my opinion the iPhone 5S looks much better and it withstands more drops so I wasn't that worried and just removed the case, a year passed and everything is fine.

I don't like the iPhone 6 Plus design, but I like the big screen though, I like red cases but I need one that could really live for long. I am sure the red doesn't, but does the black one? Does the black one show any kind of changes in color? Tearing is ok, it happens because it's leather but it rarely happens, but any noticeable color change?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
While I much prefer the red color to the black, I experienced the same issue with the discoloring of the red. Due to this, I used the black Apple leather case for my 5S from January until now. I had zero discoloring. It may have had the same type of experience as the red, but the black color prevented it from being shown. I am now using the official Apple black leather case on my new iPhone 6.

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I know I have done so many versus topics today but I am just so confused and not sure which and what should I go for.

I have the red leather one for my iPhone 5S but it took only two to three weeks and it turned almost black from dirt although I sprayed a lot of leather protecting spray on it but nothing works, but in my opinion the iPhone 5S looks much better and it withstands more drops so I wasn't that worried and just removed the case, a year passed and everything is fine.

I don't like the iPhone 6 Plus design, but I like the big screen though, I like red cases but I need one that could really live for long. I am sure the red doesn't, but does the black one? Does the black one show any kind of changes in color? Tearing is ok, it happens because it's leather but it rarely happens, but any noticeable color change?

Get the silicone one? I went with the black leather. What color is the phone?

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Get the silicone one? I went with the black leather. What color is the phone?

I still did not decide exactly what color it would be, but it won't be the space gray that's something I think I am sure of. I am not really sure about the silicone, never touched any silicone cases to be honest but I heard they kind of feel like plastic. I liked the red leather one but I am not planning to spend $50 every month or two for a new one due to the discoloring.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I actually liked the way the red case started to look on my 5S last year when I had a gold one, but I eventually switched to a space grey 5S and the red case with the black phone reminded me of UGA every time I looked at it, and I had to get rid of it and went with black leather (ridiculously petty reason I know, but it is what it is, lol!)

This time, there was never any question which way I was going...white/gold with blue leather case. Looks amazing in my opinion!

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I found the black leather iPhone 5s stood up pretty well. No discoloration or anything. I'm trying the blue leather case on my 6+. Hopefully it stands up.

terreos

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Definitely don't get the Red. That's what I was using with my Iphone 5s. It's now a disgusting redish black. It's a shame because I loved the color and the look when I got it. So black would win my vote if I got one for my iphone 6 plus. I'm not to sold on the bottom of the phone being uncovered though.

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Definitely don't get the Red. That's what I was using with my Iphone 5s. It's now a disgusting redish black. It's a shame because I loved the color and the look when I got it. So black would win my vote if I got one for my iphone 6 plus. I'm not to sold on the bottom of the phone being uncovered though.

Tell me about it :D

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1411509773.633596.jpg

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Oh yeah. You know what I'm talking about. lol

Where you working in steel fabrication like I was? That's why mine got that bad. Thankfully my new career is no where near as dirty but, I could never bring myself to get one in red again.

Nope but I live in Qatar, and my home country is Egypt. Both are deserts with sand storms :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234