iPhone 6 plus + Apple leather case = Classy as fudge

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Since my phone is coming next Tuesday, and I cannot decide what long term case to get, I went ahead and bought a leather case as my interim case. Not many color option are available at the Apple Store. Only black and red for the leather case. The silicon case is supposed to have white, but they are all gone...probably because many people are buying the silver/white phone. I bought the red leather case. :)

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
It's a screen protector I got from the Apple Store. View attachment 65771
I had a power support HD (not anti-glare) screen protector for my 4s which i just traded. It's a great protector. lasted almost 2 years before it came off and that's cause it got a spec of dust under it and i tried to get it out and only got more dust under it and said screw it and peeled it off. But i'm anal and one spec causes a bubble and annoyed me for like a month til i couldn't take it. That said i'd lifted it before and removed a bubble before so i figured i could do it again. It came with a back one that was perfect. When i traded it my phone was immaculate.
Thats not gonna protect anything .
i'd disagree. i had a case with a similar form factor and the bottom opened due to thin plastic and it survived two or three drops. Granted i didn't drop them far, like from a pocket when standing up out of a car. The form factor on my case was very similar and it did a good job.That said i don't drop my phone much at all. The edges were protected. The screen well i purposely got one with barely a lip for ease of swiping so if it'd fell from high, face down it may have, cracked it but i understood that going in and simply was careful.
Yeah I can't understand how this is ok. So if it drops on the bottom, it's completely exposed and will definitely get scratched. Why was it even made this way?

I'll bet because the piece around the ports would be so thin it would break easily.

Yep i had a 4s for almost 3 years and had two cases. Both went all around the case but the plastic eventually broke quickly at the bottom. Also the i had several charge cables, some from old ipods that were thicker at the plug and an FiiO Line in to audio adapter for the car and it was wider than the case opening. On my first case i tried to super glue it back on when that it cracked open. When it broke on my second case (different brand mind you) i didn't even try to glue it. I didn't care. I just broke it off and had free access to my ports for third party plugs.. Plus with the phone being thinner the that piece of plastic between the home button and the lighting port may end up being super thin. I read that part breaking has been an issue on Speck cases. I thought i read that mentioned in Amazon reviews.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Picked up a Product RED one at my local Apple store Friday.. love the look and feel - but after about a 3 foot drop onto the pavement I have a scuff on the bottom right corner and considering the price of the case and how easy the fall was I expected it up to hold up just a little bit better...

kd7irm

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Really liking the black leather one I preordered with my 6plus, didn't think I would, but it was the only case available from anywhere at the time. Hopefully Rokform, Otter box, or Life Proof will come out with something soon for the 6plus. I would love to just leave it in the leather with a clean screen but outdoor lifestyle requires more protection from the elements, and I hate carrying anything in my pockets!

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Picked up a Product RED one at my local Apple store Friday.. love the look and feel - but after about a 3 foot drop onto the pavement I have a scuff on the bottom right corner and considering the price of the case and how easy the fall was I expected it up to hold up just a little bit better...

You should just be able to rub it some with a cloth and a dab of Armor All or something and see what happens. Hopefully that will smooth it out. Or you could just tell all the chicks that your phone case deflected a bullet from the Taliban and you returned fire, killing them all. :)

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
That brown case is beautiful. I got the black one but if it wears badly I'll definitely get the brown one next. It reminds me of my wallet lol.

Haha dude same. It wears beautifully especially compared to its 5S predecessor. Same about the wallet too. I say go for it!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox