iPhone 6 Plus and YouTube app

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
For those of you who have the YouTube app installed, is the highest quality video playback in the app 720p or 1080p like on the iPad?

The reason I'm asking is because on my iPhone 5s, in the YouTube app the highest video quality playback option is 720p, while on my iPad Air it's 1080p.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Maybe a further update will allow it. The phone hasn't even been out a week and plenty of other apps need updated.

Sent from my Sensationally Silver 16 GB iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

isuquinndog

May 15, 2010
Visit site
YouTube app isn't updated for the 6. Watch the clock and cell bars between home screen and app. They double in size which means the phone is up scaling.

GolferChris68

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
YouTube app isn't updated for the 6. Watch the clock and cell bars between home screen and app. They double in size which means the phone is up scaling.
I have yet to come across any third-party app that I use which doesn't upscale. I was a little disappointed that more didn't have updates ready to go when the 6 launched, but that should be rectified over the coming weeks. Of course, much like the release of the 5s and its larger screen, some apps may not get updated for awhile.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner