Some Games Not Working On iPhone 6 plus

adam13141

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I have the iPhone 6 plus and a few of my games aren't working. I assume this is because of the 6 plus screen? I thought I heard in the iPhone 6 and 6 plus presentation that apps would "just work." I have tried deleting the apps and reinstalling and I have also tried restoring my iPhone. None of the Half brick games work (Ex Jetpack Joyride) and a few others. Does anyone else have this problem? If so have you found a fix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doug B

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Madden mobile isn't working correctly for me. Only gives me a half screen. Tried deleting and reloading the app but still no luck. Need to check their website still.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Doug B

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I tweeted Halfbrick. Hopefully they will respond. Does EA make Madden mobile?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it's made by EA. Looks like they know about it from what I'm reading on the Web.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
This is where Apple secrecy fails both the consumer AND the developers alike. They couldn't issue NDA's to the developers telling them about screen resolution increases and to be prepared for them with iOS 8 and the iPhone 6/6+ launch. This will take at least a month or much longer to full address. While I have moved completely back to the Apple work with a MBP, iPad an iPhone, etc. this to me is where Android has succeeded with the ability for their apps to scale to any screen resolution.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This is where Apple secrecy fails both the consumer AND the developers alike. They couldn't issue NDA's to the developers telling them about screen resolution increases and to be prepared for them with iOS 8 and the iPhone 6/6+ launch. This will take at least a month or much longer to full address. While I have moved completely back to the Apple work with a MBP, iPad an iPhone, etc. this to me is where Android has succeeded with the ability for their apps to scale to any screen resolution.
At least when the iOS apps are finally updated, they are very good solid quality apps. :)

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Real Racing 3 is another no-go, at least for me. I can't get past the "here's what's new in this version" screen. Neither button that must be clicked, can.

David Ross4

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Real Racing 3 isn't working at all on my new 6 Plus. Which is my favorite so I'm bummed. Rayman works but has few issues, like can't use forward arrow for progress after completing a level. Others seem to be working.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Glory of Apple NOT supporting their devs when they should have put the new specs out so they could you know support the 10 million phones sold in the first weekend.

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
What about facebook? It looks so bad with screen blown up to fit the 6 plus, takes forever to boot up and crashes frequently. I would think facebook would be one of the first , if not the first, to have their app updated.....no?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
What about facebook? It looks so bad with screen blown up to fit the 6 plus, takes forever to boot up and crashes frequently. I would think facebook would be one of the first , if not the first, to have their app updated.....no?

It's actually not surprising in the least considering Facebook's iOS app history.

shanrr

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I found this to be a issue also. How I solved the problem is setting the phone up as a new iphone. When I got my iphone 6, I restored it from a backup of my iphone 5. I then transferred the purchases to my itunes on my computer, backed up to the cloud (but turned off syncing of app data, photos, etc.) and synced my iphone 6 so that all my purchased apps were there. I then did a reset settings and content, which erased all the data and set it up as a new phone. I then set up the iphone 6 as a new phone. It gave me an update from my service provider and I then connected it back to my itunes on my computer. I synced only the apps that I wanted on my phone (and music and videos). It asked me again, did I want to restore and I said no setup as a new iphone. Once everything synced (apps, music, etc.), I was able to open up all the programs I was having problems with (including ESPN sports center). For some reason the backup / restore feature saves the settings from the iphone 5 that conflict with the iphone 6 being able to display the apps. This seems to be the issue with the phone and iOS 8 not the app devs.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW