Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HankAZ
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    370 Global Posts

Default When you order the phone through Apple how do you get carrier pricing?

I've always gotten my phones through Verizon because they link straight through my account I am charged the appropriate price.

If you're due an upgrade how do you go about not getting overcharged through Apple? How do they know how to charge you appropriately?
    Banned

Global Posts
    6,195 Global Posts

Default Re: When you order the phone through Apple how do you get carrier pricing?

Quote Originally Posted by InTheRed View Post
    I've always gotten my phones through Verizon because they link straight through my account I am charged the appropriate price.

If you're due an upgrade how do you go about not getting overcharged through Apple? How do they know how to charge you appropriately?
    Apple verifies your eligibility for upgrade (and upgrade pricing) with your carrier at the time you order (or purchase, if buying in-store). You have to specify if you’re purchasing on a 2-year contract or a Next/Jump plan, as well.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,427 Global Posts

Default Re: When you order the phone through Apple how do you get carrier pricing?

Just as HankAZ said, they verify at time of purchase. I was hesitant to order through Apple because of this, but the past two times I've ordered from Apple (one in store, one pre-order through their online store) have gone smoothly. I'm guessing I will purchase iPhones exclusively through Apple in the future (at least when possible).
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    370 Global Posts

Well it was certainly odd for me to be trying the Apple site on launch day but I was curious as to how it would have worked had I gotten through. I suppose now I know.