touch id....

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
well.. its my first time using an iphonr with the touch id.

there are times when i have to press it more than once!!! is it always like this or is it that i got a lemon. it's driving me nuts.

maybe i set it up in the wrong way.

do i need to put my finger in different ways when I'm setting it up?

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
well.. its my first time using an iphonr with the touch id.

there are times when i have to press it more than once!!! is it always like this or is it that i got a lemon. it's driving me nuts.

maybe i set it up in the wrong way.

do i need to put my finger in different ways when I'm setting it up?

Try setting it up again and make sure you get as much if your finger as possible. Touch ID works about 95% of the time.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Try setting it up again and make sure you get as much if your finger as possible. Touch ID works about 95% of the time.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I have really good response with it. I set up all 5 finger settings using just my 2 thumbs. I hardly ever have issues.

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
The key is to start with the center of your thumb and work around the edges on the following presses. Also scanning the same thumb in multiple slots in different humidities helps. I did these things and now Touch ID works flawlessly. It actually works too good sometimes, i.e. I barely pressed my thumb to it and I unlocked it without meaning to.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Try resetting it. My friend had a 5 before getting his 6+ and when he was setting it up he was driving me nuts LOL cause he was keeping his thumb on the sensor and nothing was happening I told him he had to lift his thumb between scans and he was doing it all stupid haha. Just make sure you lift the fingers you want to register between scans and then do the edges when it moves to the next step.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
This is my first Touch ID phone, and I'm not having any issues. I just followed the directions when recording my thumbs and fingers. I also tried to record them in the same orientation/angle/etc. with which I would be holding the phone to unlock it. So far, I've only had to try more than once when my thumb/finger was way off from what I recorded (and I can tell before it says try again that I'm not aligning my finger correctly). All said, I'm very pleased with the Touch ID, especially since I can now unlock 1Password/Evernote/etc. using it.

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
ok update

Ive done it over and over and even tho it gets better every time i do it again, sometimes i have to press the HB more than once. how annoying.

ill keep trying tho.

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Why are pressing on the home button?

hey, whats up

well... to unlock the phone? sometimes i have to try more than once to unlock it. maybe I'm setting it up the wrong way. But i set up an appointment with apple already for wednesday.

One question, when setting it up, do you put your finger in different ways/directions on it? or you just leave the thumb still?

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
hey, whats up

well... to unlock the phone? sometimes i have to try more than once to unlock it. maybe I'm setting it up the wrong way. But i set up an appointment with apple already for wednesday.

One question, when setting it up, do you put your finger in different ways/directions on it? or you just leave the thumb still?

You don't have to keep pressing the home button to unlock if using your Touch ID. You should follow the prompts. I haven't had any problems with it and it's also my first time doing it.

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
OP - as others have mentioned try setting it up again. With that said, I had a bad 5S that wouldn't register with Touch ID (my first 5S). People thought I was crazy when I said it barely works. After two trips to the Apple Store they replaced it and my replacement was/is so much better. So, it is possible to have a device that has an issue with Touch ID.

Ariel484

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
This is my first Touch ID phone, and I'm not having any issues. I just followed the directions when recording my thumbs and fingers. I also tried to record them in the same orientation/angle/etc. with which I would be holding the phone to unlock it. So far, I've only had to try more than once when my thumb/finger was way off from what I recorded (and I can tell before it says try again that I'm not aligning my finger correctly). All said, I'm very pleased with the Touch ID, especially since I can now unlock 1Password/Evernote/etc. using it.
Same here! First time using it and I really like it a lot so far. I set up both my thumbs, both index fingers and one of my husband's index fingers. :) It's worked very well for me!

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site
When the screen is on and in the lock screen all you have to do is set your finger on it. No need to press the button. As others have said. :) something I always do that makes for an even better experience is I program the same fingers twice. So less chance of Touch ID not finding a match.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

When you set up TouchID you need to scan your whole finger and you do that doing a scan at a time with every scan you lift off the home button and roll your finger over the sensor so it can capture more of your fingerprint.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner