Anyone returning the 6+ for the 6?

metacuate

May 3, 2013
Visit site
The plus is freaking amazing! The reachability once you get used to it makes it easier to use than an iPhone 5S. That combined with Swype keyboard makes this my dream device. The iPhone 6 looks like a baby next to my beauty.

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I pulled the trigger and swapped out my 6+ for a 6. I had to do it before the 14 days were up. The phone was awesome, just didn't fit right in my pockets. I think the 6 is a good size.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
A large phone definitely is not for everyone. I had the note 3 for a while. At first I was shocked and thought I couldn't deal with it. But after a couple of weeks I was glad I kept it. I definitely understand everyone here that switched to the 6 and enjoys it. Both are great phones. I am currently waiting for my 6 plus to arrive abd type this on my G3 as I look forward to return to ios. I appreciate everyone revirew and it definitely helps others see both sides of the coin.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
If the iPhone 6 had a 1080p screen, big battery, and optical image stabilization, do you think that there would be such a high demand for the plus?

Sent from my iPad Air. Best tablet on the planet.

Honestly if the 6 had the bigger battery and OIS that my Plus has, I would swap for the 6. But I can easily live with the size of the Plus for the extra features it has over the 6, regardless of my preference for the size of the 6.

vitoa

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I think the 6 form factor is too narrow. I had to turn it sideways to read most web pages. It would have been nice if the top and bottom bezels on the 6+ could have been designed smaller reducing the length.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Honestly if the 6 had the bigger battery and OIS that my Plus has, I would swap for the 6. But I can easily live with the size of the Plus for the extra features it has over the 6, regardless of my preference for the size of the 6.

I'll admit that OIS and the better battery life were the main reasons I went with the Plus, but after having the Plus for 2 weeks now, I'm not sure I would exchange it if the 6 came with those features. I'm loving the screen. It's easier for me to read most things (darn you old age), and I'm not really having an issue with the size of the device. While one handed usage is not really an option with the plus (although I have done it in a limited fashion), I think using the plus with 2 hands and the larger screen size is really working well for me. I really like this phone.

taker888

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
I exchanged my space gray 64GB iPhone 6+ for the Gold iPhone 6 64GB at the Apple store. I couldn't been happier. I will not miss the 6+ for anything. As for OIS, not a big deal for me, and for longer battery usage I usually go with Mophie's battery cases. Either way I'm satisfied. :)

Last edited:

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I'll admit that OIS and the better battery life were the main reasons I went with the Plus, but after having the Plus for 2 weeks now, I'm not sure I would exchange it if the 6 came with those features. I'm loving the screen. It's easier for me to read most things (darn you old age), and I'm not really having an issue with the size of the device. While one handed usage is not really an option with the plus (although I have done it in a limited fashion), I think using the plus with 2 hands and the larger screen size is really working well for me. I really like this phone.

If I was really being honest, I would prefer that the plus were a little bit bigger. I could have gone for a 6 inch screen. I remember looking at the Lumia 1520 and salivating over the screen.

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't think Apple hit the sweet spot here ... At all ....

They needed a 5 or 5.2 inch screen ...
4.7 isn't a big move from the 5s and 5.5 is bulky and hard to grip...

In the end I think you feel like you're losing something with the 6.

The Plus is just a gorgeous screen and has a never ending battery ...

I keep telling myself you can't keep this phone it s too big it's too bulky etc and yet I can't put it down ...

I'm gonna need more than 2 weeks ...

I think Apple wanted to give people time to adjust to using a larger phone and that's why they went with 4.7 inches. I'm betting the iPhone 7 will be 5 inches.

On another note, I'm absolutely IN LOVE with this 6 Plus. Apple gave me everything I wanted in this phone...128GB of storage, a beautiful 5.5 inch 1080p display and great battery life. I'm a very happy camper and wouldn't think of returning it for a 6.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I think Apple wanted to give people time to adjust to using a larger phone and that's why they went with 4.7 inches. I'm betting the iPhone 7 will be 5 inches.

On another note, I'm absolutely IN LOVE with this 6 Plus. Apple gave me everything I wanted in this phone...128GB of storage, a beautiful 5.5 inch 1080p display and great battery life. I'm a very happy camper and wouldn't think of returning it for a 6.

I think the 4.7 inch iPhone is the perfect in between. I don't think
that we are going to see any more bump in screen sizes from Apple.
They have a 4, 4.7, 5.5, 7.9, 9.7, and soon to be a 12 inch plus device
between the iPhone and iPad lines. There really isn't any room
for them to go up in screen sizes without cannibalizing one of their
other products.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
When you start using the 6+ it's almost impossible to go back to anything smaller. I can't imagine getting a smaller iPhone again

I'm looking forward to my 6 plus. But I can see the attraction to the
smaller iPhones. While I wait, I'm still using my 5S and even though
I crave the bigger sized iPhone 6 plus, I like the smaller form factor
for some things. Most notably the one handed operation which is
awesome when you are using a third party gesture typing keyboard.
And when I'm holding it when doing just about anything; jogging,
in my pocket, or just sitting in my cupholder when in the car. The
smaller size is ideal in these situations. But again, I can't wait for
my plus.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking forward to my 6 plus. But I can see the attraction to the
smaller iPhones. While I wait, I'm still using my 5S and even though
I crave the bigger sized iPhone 6 plus, I like the smaller form factor
for some things. Most notably the one handed operation which is
awesome when you are using a third party gesture typing keyboard.
And when I'm holding it when doing just about anything; jogging,
in my pocket, or just sitting in my cupholder when in the car. The
smaller size is ideal in these situations. But again, I can't wait for
my plus.

You got a valid point. I can type with one hand with my 6+ using Swype but no where near how easy it was with the 5S. I kinda of miss it.... But not really. Well, it does get annoying when I'm in bed or lying down it's impossible to young with this phone, it's taught me too use differently. Way differently!

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
You got a valid point. I can type with one hand with my 6+ using Swype but no where near how easy it was with the 5S. I kinda of miss it.... But not really. Well, it does get annoying when I'm in bed or lying down it's impossible to young with this phone, it's taught me too use differently. Way differently!

What makes me salivate over the 6 plus is the fact the screen is bigger and it has a higher resolution. Watching 1080p videos on my phone is going to be awesome. I have been waiting for this because I have always believed that videos on the iPhone have always looked better than on other devices, but the sub 720p was a bit of a downer. Now I will have full HD!

doublestack

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
I started with the iPhone 6 but returned it due to reception issues (vzw) and random crashes that required a reboot to turn back on. Since the return, I upgraded to the 6+ 64gb. Yes it is tremendous but I can never go back to the 4.7". I love the screen real estate.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have both and about to give my wife the 6. While the 6 is a tad more comfortable in the hand for me. I am very used to the onus now and can't see myself going back. With the Apple leather case on it, it just feels so amazing in my hand. I love it!

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I have both and about to give my wife the 6. While the 6 is a tad more comfortable in the hand for me. I am very used to the onus now and can't see myself going back. With the Apple leather case on it, it just feels so amazing in my hand. I love it!

I think I will get the leather case, I keep hearing very good things about it.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I think I will get the leather case, I keep hearing very good things about it.

Me too. And this is going to sound weird but I am very particular about the first case that I put on my brand new phone. Even though I know that I will be switching cases soon and often, the very first case to go on my phone is a special event. And I'm thinking that the only case that will fit the bill will be the Apple leather case. It's kind of like buying the take home outfit for your new child.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice