Anyone returning the 6+ for the 6?

chandraz

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I have fairly small hands and I'm keeping my 6+. I moved from S4 to 6+ and it feels big. 4 days of use and im loving it more and now s4 seems small in usage. As everyone said it might be preference of screensize but i bet the more you use the more you love 6+.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Agree everyone wants the 6+ after bashing samsung and other android "phablets" for how they look when being used and making calls.

Oh I'd never hold this thing up to my ear LOL & I feel crazy using it on public. I had to use it to pay for my Starbucks & I was rather embarrassed for bringing out this HUGE thing but I guess the embarrassment will die once I'm use to all the stares

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Oh I'd never hold this thing up to my ear LOL & I feel crazy using it on public. I had to use it to pay for my Starbucks & I was rather embarrassed for bringing out this HUGE thing but I guess the embarrassment will die once I'm use to all the stares

I'm not embarrassed at all. I like all the stares because most of them ask me if its the new Note. I casually reply that it's an iPhone and then I hear the "how cool, I didn't know". Makes me smile.

Sent from my Sensationally Silver 16 GB iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not embarrassed at all. I like all the stares because most of them ask me if its the new Note. I casually reply that it's an iPhone and then I hear the "how cool, I didn't know". Makes me smile.

Sent from my Sensationally Silver 16 GB iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

I have to get use to it. It damn near covers the entire side of my face

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
I was at the Apple Store thinking about trading my 6 plus for a 6. After playing with the 6 I decided to stay with the 6 plus. It's a big device and take some getting use to, but, it's such a pleasure typing on it!

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
You will used to the size. I had the note 3 nd now the G3 and the size Is a non issue. I'm looking forward yo getting my 128 gb space Gray but mine is not scheduled to ship until 10/31. Now to wait and talk with you fine folks and live through you lol.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I was at the Apple Store thinking about trading my 6 plus for a 6. After playing with the 6 I decided to stay with the 6 plus. It's a big device and take some getting use to, but, it's such a pleasure typing on it!

I love big smartphones. The screen is mesmerizing.

Sent from my iPad Air. Best tablet on the planet.

Andrawer

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Well I'm doing the opposite and returning my 6 for the 6+ (coming tomorrow).

Coming from a LG G3* and all of the Notes (2,2) the iPhone 6 actually feels/looks dinky....should've made it 5" at least.

I was truly disappointed learning the 6 plus was SO TALL and casually going into Best Buy on the 19th and discovering they had the 6 in stock I decided try it out...why not. I AM REALLY liking IOS 8 / iPhone 6 combo but am surprised that my favorite app...Evernote...doesn't directly support script notes...always thought apps were better on ios...guess not. Plus what's up with all the super dinky random fonts ? Some are large (based on my settings) but others still appear super small...where's the consistency?

But I like the IOS notification stuff and how quick the camera takes photos...but just need to get to a larger screen.
The iPhone 6 actually feels and looks small...sometimes I think I'm holding the iPhone 5s (I keep comparing it to my wife's iPhone to make sure the iPhone 6 IS larger..ha).

Physically the iPhone 6 is a nice size for carrying but I could care less about one hand typing since I've grown accustomed to using 2 hands for the most part.

Just wish the iPhone plus was a bit shorter but I believe I'll get used to it...if not...iphone's certainly hold their value (disregarding bending issues HA..doesn't worry me the least).

So, tomorrow I'll be a 6+ guy and have enjoyed reading everyone's real life experience with the Plus..convinced me it's the phone for me (for now a least)!

*G3 (I had issues with how hot it got, poor battery life...slow auto brightness to adjust, poor outside visability).

Mr_Freeze72

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I returned my 6+ for a regular 6 last Sunday because my 6+ was only a 16 GB and I had nearly maxed out the storage within that short time frame. I have a 6 with 64 GB but if my apple store ever gets any more pluses in this weekend or by the end of the week this coming week, I will switch again to the plus. If not, I am happy with the 6 honestly.

ClickClack

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I returned my 6+ for a regular 6 last Sunday because my 6+ was only a 16 GB and I had nearly maxed out the storage within that short time frame. I have a 6 with 64 GB but if my apple store ever gets any more pluses in this weekend or by the end of the week this coming week, I will switch again to the plus. If not, I am happy with the 6 honestly.

So you prefer the plus ? Is it that 6 is kinda like the 5S?

Mr_Freeze72

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I do like the Plus bigger screen and better battery life but for the most part the regular 6 and the Plus are the same phone minus the screen size and battery life difference. I am liking the regular 6 and if I have to be stuck with it for the next two years until the iPhone 7 hits, I would totally be fine with that as its a awesome device. However, I do favor the Plus bigger screen so if I do get the chance to switch before my two week return period is up, I will switch to a 64 GB iPhone 6 plus. If not, I will just keep the regular 6 that I have.

ben182tx

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I think I have decided that due to how wide the phone is, I am going to go and swap my 6 Plus for the 64GB 6...it has been such a hard decision, and I am honestly still on the fence about it. No the whole "bending" thing has not been a part of my decision making, but texting on it has been not as easy and lots of typos. I do not want to get a 3rd party keyboard for it either, as I think the stock one does fine, sorta (ever since iOS8 the keyboard does not auto correct as much as before and i get more typos).

I was just wondering if anyone else swapped out, and if you did...do you regret it? I'd like to hear some opinions before I go in the next few days.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I think I have decided that due to how wide the phone is, I am going to go and swap my 6 Plus for the 64GB 6...it has been such a hard decision, and I am honestly still on the fence about it. No the whole "bending" thing has not been a part of my decision making, but texting on it has been not as easy and lots of typos. I do not want to get a 3rd party keyboard for it either, as I think the stock one does fine, sorta (ever since iOS8 the keyboard does not auto correct as much as before and i get more typos).

I was just wondering if anyone else swapped out, and if you did...do you regret it? I'd like to hear some opinions before I go in the next few days.

I did just that, sold my 64gb plus and got the 6 and I don't regret it at all, I guess it all depends how much weight you give the 6 plus features over the smaller 6. I personally came to the conclusion that one hand handling was way more important than screen size, battery, camera improvements, etc. but again, it might be different for you. I Love the size of my 6

IamJAd

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I just returned my 6+ for a 6. I miss the big screen, but I'm too much in the habit of doing things one-handed. I have a full-size iPad, so it's not like I needed to have something close to a tablet. And now children don't cry and run away when they see the phone I'm using. ;)

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
I keep thinking I a 6 would be a better fit for me, but when I use my Plus I love it. People ask how I like it and my reply is "hate carrying it, but love using it". I just took my case off and find the plus seems much more manageable naked. Not sure I'll keep it that way. But for now I think I'm sticking with the Plus. It's awesome to type on and the battery life has been pretty good.

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Finally got into an Apple Store today just to get a hands on. The 6+ is beautiful & enticing but I don't know how comfortable I could be using it every day. Perhaps if I worked in an office & had a suit jacket pocket to put the phone in I could see that.... But my job isn't that boring to warrant a gigantic distraction device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

taker888

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
I plan on exchanging for the regular 6, if I can get a damn chance since its so limited. I have till October 9th under the 14day return policy to land a 6. I just want a phone that I can just hold. i like one handed usage. My friend has the 6 and I couldn't tell the difference with screen quality, nor camera. I'll miss the battery time usage on the 6+ though. Hey I'm talking like its guaranteed! If I dont land a 6 before my 14 day return is up then I guess I have no option but to learn to adjust and get over it.

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm surprised so many people are swapping for the regular 6! I'm coming from the 5 having come from the 4, and I'm loving the larger screen! After a few days, it doesn't even seem so large!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox