Anyone returning the 6+ for the 6?

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
This was my exact concern. I don't think the 6 plus would ever really like it fit into my day like my old phones have. To be honest, even the 6 feels a bit too big at times. The money I made from selling my plus landed me with a 128 GB 6, and so far I am sticking to my guns.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I never thought I'd want a phone this size, but I'm loving it so far. Still adjusting to the size, of course but I've found that I can even type one handed for the most part by resting my fingers on the back rather than curling them around the far side. And two handed typing is much quicker and I mistype less frequently because the larger keys are easier to hit properly.

I pretty much know I'm going to go ahead and get it and just think that the size of the 6 Plus caught me off-guard. ...:)

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Did you make a profit on it?

After all eBay and PayPal fees my profit was about 150 bucks which is acceptable since I was actually looking to get rid of the 6 plus , not going crazy to resell it and make a profit, it sold 20 minutes after I listed it.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I just returned a nearby Best Buy store to personally view the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. The clerk showed me the iPhone 6 first, and I was like, wow, this is a nice size and it looked better than I had anticipated. Then he showed me the iPhone 6 Plus. I was like, whoa! I could effectively pimp slap somebody with that thing. To be honest, I'm having second thoughts about getting it, although I know I'll adjust to it if I go ahead and get it. It's like my initial impression of the iPhone 6 is that it's the perfect size as opposed to the iPhone 6 plus in which my initial impression is that it's gigantic.

I was intent on the 6+ D. Heck I waited in line for 10 hours to get it lol. But once my 6 came I instantly knew the 6 was for me. I get a nice bump in screen without having to change a thing regarding my habits. One handed is a breeze. I love it 😊

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
This was my exact concern. I don't think the 6 plus would ever really like it fit into my day like my old phones have. To be honest, even the 6 feels a bit too big at times. The money I made from selling my plus landed me with a 128 GB 6, and so far I am sticking to my guns.

I agree the i6 feels too big at times but I think over time I'll adapt. No way I could do the +. But I do feel the i6 will be the ideal phone for my needs. The screen is much improved over my 5s. My battery is way better also. And the camera is great!

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
After a couple of days, it's just getting annoying to use the Plus. Case or no case. I'm not finding the bigger screen really useful anyways. Landscape mode isn't something I use a lot besides movies or some games. Battery life isn't significantly better and maybe its me, but I can't tell much of a difference between pics made on a 6 vs the 6 plus.

It's the same camera just without OIS so in real life I guess it'll be pretty hard to see any difference. I love the screen size and it will be better when all apps are re design for these screens, but the deal breaker for me was the one hand handling, Im willing to sacrifice some of it, but it was getting to a point where I had to use both hands all the time to do things efficiently, I knew in a couple of hours it wasn't for me.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I thought I'd have lots of trouble one handing this beast but I've managed to adapt my hold on the phone to be able to type fairly well one handed using my thumb. Not due though if this will work walking around or not because I'm just resting my four fingers on the back. It's secure enough for one handed typing on the couch but walking may be different.

I'm finding that one handed use is okay while walking around. My grip has adjusted too and my fingers are just "resting" on the back. But the way it is cupped in my hand I'm alright with it.

Sent from my Sensationally Silver 16 GB iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I never thought I'd want a phone this size, but I'm loving it so far. Still adjusting to the size, of course but I've found that I can even type one handed for the most part by resting my fingers on the back rather than curling them around the far side. And two handed typing is much quicker and I mistype less frequently because the larger keys are easier to hit properly.

I was really overwhelmed the first time I held it. But after 2+ days, I am convinced that I could not go back to a smaller screen. I was always a "2-hander", so no real change for me with the iPhone 6 Plus.

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't go back to a smaller phone. I love the big screen. i gotta admit I'm still getting used to it. but I'm loving it!!!!!

however, i don't see a person with small hands using the plus. it would be hard unless they manage to do it (idk how tho).

Mr_Freeze72

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I loved the bigger screen but I literally just returned mine and got the iPhone 6 64 GB Gold. I had the plus in a 16 GB but ultimately I chose more storage over a bigger screen. I kinda sad but so far I am liking the 6 even though is only a tiny bit bigger than the 5/ 5S.

My apple store said it could be weeks before they got any Pluses back in stock so I didn't want to risk being stuck with a Plus with only 16 GB storage for the next two years. In two years when the iPhone 7 hits, I will get the bigger screen for sure!

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I loved the bigger screen but I literally just returned mine and got the iPhone 6 64 GB Gold. I had the plus in a 16 GB but ultimately I chose more storage over a bigger screen. I kinda sad but so far I am liking the 6 even though is only a tiny bit bigger than the 5/ 5S.

My apple store said it could be weeks before they got any Pluses back in stock so I didn't want to risk being stuck with a Plus with only 16 GB storage for the next two years. In two years when the iPhone 7 hits, I will get the bigger screen for sure!

Glad you got what you wanted.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I originally preordered the iPhone 6+ than we got the demos in store today and I started playing with both phones. I started disliking the 6+ and started gravitating towards the 6. Ended up canceling my pre order and getting the 6 right then and there. There were surprisingly a lot of people who do not want the 6. By 4 o clock we still have more than enough to last another 2 days. I'm happy with my 6 :)

Agree everyone wants the 6+ after bashing samsung and other android "phablets" for how they look when being used and making calls.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So I went ahead and canceled my iPhone 6 order and ordered the 6 plus. Honestly, I use my phone not really as a phone, but more as a computer. Meaning I'm doing anything but making calls on the thing. It's really my primary computing device right now. So honestly, the big screen and better battery of the plus really appeals to me. It'll make video watching and gaming more immersive and I'm excited to see what type of apps can come of that large screen. Will I have to adjust how I handle it? Sure. But I think it's worth it

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73