No case - Camera safety

Tytanious

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
With no case, the sits directly on the camera. Is this worrisome to anyone else? I hate cases but don't want make camera to get scratched. Catch 22.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I really don't want to use a case either but the camera kind of is bothering me. Not sure why Apple even did that to us!

planoman

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
They probably did not want to increase the thickness of the case just for the camera which is the thickest part of the phone because of all the elements and lenses that go in the camera. I heard the iPod touch was like that and I looked at my kids iPod touch camera protrudes slightly. I never noticed because the cases. I will surely get a case. I even got a screen protector for my Nexus 5 huge camera lens!

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
It's not like I wouldn't have bought a case (or 5) for the phone anyway, but the camera protruding is the one thing that really concerns me with this model phone. Not sure why. Maybe Apple thought that most people use a case anyway, so make the overall device as thin as possible. Don't know. But I can't help but think that Steve would have had kittens over this design. Until I get a case, I'm resting my camera on a soft cloth at night. Don't want to lay the phone down on it's screen, either.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
The sapphire is super durable. I have sapphire glass watches that have take serious beatings and don't even have a scratch. I'm not too worried about the lense on the camera. But I did get a case for added protection.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2