Show us your battery life on your 6 Plus

netnative

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I am still experimenting with my iPhone 6 Plus but find the descriptions of its battery life to be filled with hyperbole. In my view, it is good but not extraordinary. Today I started using my iPhone 6 Plus at 5:33 AM with 100% battery (Usage: 0 Minutes, Standby: 0 Minutes) and at 6:32 AM the battery went down to 90% (Usage: 1 Hour, 0 minutes | Standby: 1 Hour, 0 Minutes). During that time I read e-mails and web browsed to read news with Bluetooth on (not connected) and Wi-Fi on (connected). According to Costea Lestoc of The Fuse Joplin one can browse with the iPhone 6 Plus for 9 hours. See: http://thefusejoplin.com/2014/10/iphone-6-iphone-6-battery-test-expectations. It seems that my iPhone 6 Plus is performing as expected, but I still find a 10% drop in battery life for an hour of web browsing to be considerable. Have you had a similar experience?

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, this evening I went from 100% to 90% in 2 hours, 90% to 80% in 45 minutes , and 80 to 70 in only 30 minutes !.....Doing the same types of tasks. I had recalibrated my battery a couple days ago full cycle, so it's not that. Very strange. Update : by the time I got down to 20%, I was just over 7 hours usage. So, from awesome to start to below average lol. No change in the usage either really

What's completely normal. It's not supposed to be very accurate or there would be ppl complaining that there battery dropped blah blah percent after they had it unplug from the charger for 10 minutes.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I am still experimenting with my iPhone 6 Plus but find the descriptions of its battery life to be filled with hyperbole. In my view, it is good but not extraordinary. Today I started using my iPhone 6 Plus at 5:33 AM with 100% battery (Usage: 0 Minutes, Standby: 0 Minutes) and at 6:32 AM the battery went down to 90% (Usage: 1 Hour, 0 minutes | Standby: 1 Hour, 0 Minutes). During that time I read e-mails and web browsed to read news with Bluetooth on (not connected) and Wi-Fi on (connected). According to Costea Lestoc of The Fuse Joplin one can browse with the iPhone 6 Plus for 9 hours. See: http://thefusejoplin.com/2014/10/iphone-6-iphone-6-battery-test-expectations. It seems that my iPhone 6 Plus is performing as expected, but I still find a 10% drop in battery life for an hour of web browsing to be considerable. Have you had a similar experience?

If u had a 10% from in one hour u can bet on getting at least 9 hours out of it... That's pretty good. Remember that standby time for iPhone are very good.

secrtsrvc

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I left mine on charge overnight and it was only at 75%. Not sure yet why it won't fully charge. My battery is already at 28% and it's been off charge since 6:15 am with light use

netnative

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I left mine on charge overnight and it was only at 75%. Not sure yet why it won't fully charge. My battery is already at 28% and it's been off charge since 6:15 am with light use

You should contact Apple Support. They will send you an iOS diagnostics hyperlink to test your iPhone. In my case, the Apple Support person detected that background apps that are part of the iOS Springboard (Home/Lock screen) and WebKit (Safari process) were running out of memory. I reinstalled iOS 8.1 and saw an improvement in battery life. A few days ago, an hour of reading e-mails and web browsing with Bluetooth on (not connected) and Wi-Fi on (connected) resulted in the battery dropping from 100% to 90% --which I found to be considerable. After reinstalling iOS 8.1, the battery only dropped from 100% to 95% after an 1 Hour, 2 Minutes of Usage and Standby and it went down to 90% after 1 Hour, 40 Minutes of Usage and 2 Hours, 28 Minutes of Standby. Still, I am not finding the battery life of my iPhone 6 Plus to be as good as many report.

Last edited:

taoxhui

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Just some basic tricks to turn off bluetooth, turn off background refreshing, etc.

There is an article online describing this. You can adjust with your own need.