Worst experience ever!!!

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I just have to share my experience with those that are freaks like I am lol. I decided to go with Town Square (first mistake) and I arrived at 11:30 Thursday night to a huge line of already about 160 people. For the 1st hour it was great, exactly what everybody had described fun people who are also passionate about the products, ect ect. At 12:45-1 one of the people I was chatting with had a friend that called them and said they were at Fashion Show mall and to come there and they invited us all to come but I declined their offer and decided to stay where I was at (2nd mistake). When they all left 2 people moved up by me, these 2 people didn't bother me until 20 minutes later when what I thought was a group of their friends arrived. These 6 people were the loudest, rudest, most racist group of people I have ever witnessed in my life. Every other word out of their mouth was n---- this and n---- that (I probably heard it close to 1,000 times in the last 24 hours). They were making such vile comments about every person that walked by and every ethnic group other than the one they belonged to. I put on my headphones trying to drown them out but I could still clearly hear what they were saying.

Fast forward to 6 am the employees start getting there telling people they will be by shortly to take orders and to get us our reservation. My plan at this point was to get it and leave so I didn't have to listen to the group behind me but then there was no other mention of it until 7:45. At that time the guy comes and says the system crashed and that they were working on getting physical cards (why this wasn't this done as back up to begin with is beyond me) but they were still opening at 8 and for everybody to be patient. Around this time my phone died so for the next few hours I knew it was getting later but honestly had no clue about exactly how long I had been there. Every 30-40 minutes or so these employees kept coming around "oh its gonna be moving in 10 minutes, the cards are coming shortly, blah blah blah) I finally was like stop lying to people you're just pissing everyone off more giving false times just let people know whats up so they can make a choice. At this point I'm pretty close to the finish line (comparatively anyways) when they start shouting things they were out of) and right when I was getting close to turning the corner bam they sold out of the last one for my carried (I was even going to buy larger and a different color because after standing for so long I didn't want to leave empty handed). By the time I left it was 12:30 so 13 hours later and no phone!!!! With the amount of time the outside employees spent talking to each other about non work things and checking their personal devices they could have been writing a list down of peoples carrier and what they wanted 10 at a time and checked the stock with the person who was telling them it was available/sold out. Instead this store decided it was totally fine to let people stand there wondering what was going to happen.

Yes I could have left but you know when you've waited for so long what's a little longer? That's exactly how I felt. I also knew that then had wasted so much of my time that if I was to go elsewhere my odds of finding what I wanted was probably as good as where I was at. The employees were just kind of like meh oh well about the situation too. I had also got out of line to use the bathroom twice and why in the world could they have gone through 30+ preorder people and let in 10 people who had been waiting all night? If others areas system crashed I didn't read anything like what was going on at our location which makes me even more mad. They also were allowing people to buy multiple devices which is not fair at all, it's bad enough when 1 person camps out and then 9 of their friends show up before opening but when those 10 people are buying 2 devices each it's not cool at all.

So that's my rant lol, I just had to get it out there. I will never in my life do this again and I honestly think Apple lost me as a customer with this BS. I called and filed a complaint, the people I talked to were so nice and helpful and they put in a thing for the manager to call me and they requested that I be contacted when what I was looking for comes in and it be placed on hold for me that day but we will see about that. Did anyone else have a horrific experience?? For those that didn't, I hope you're enjoying your new phone!

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I pre-ordered the 12th and it was waiting when I got home today. Can't take off work to wait in line for a phone but also can't miss out on the newest phone...

Hope you get your device soon.

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I pre-ordered the 12th and it was waiting when I got home today. Can't take off work to wait in line for a phone but also can't miss out on the newest phone...

Hope you get your device soon.

I wan planning on pre-ordering but I got busy and forgot at midnight and by the time the system came up and I was able to get on the dates were pushed back 4-6 weeks so I figured I would go to the store. I live in a 24 hour city, so not everybody has 9-5 jobs which is nice for stuff like this at least when it works out lol

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
That's terrible, I'm sorry that you have to deal with such a disaster. I hope the manager steps up and makes it right as best he can.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
That is truly a sad experience. While I have never even considered standing inline to get an iPhone I have heard it can be a very fun experience. Sadly there will always be those who will impose their views on others and may be doing to just to ruin others experience, perhaps to get them out of line.

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Im so sorry to hear u had an awful experience. I got to the mall at 5 and as soon as they let people come in inside the mall's property (parking) it went madness and i think my two friends and I made number 120 or maybe 115. So when we made it inside the mall, and they started giving out the reservations and taking orders, the sold out the plus right after they got my order. OMG i was so happy.

It was pretty organized. and all the employees walked around talking with customers and they were very friendly. I even asked an employee if i was gonna make it and he said " don't worry u will"! i was so relieved lol. but he told me that as a " secret"

Needless to say that i was tipsy bc i was drinking with my friends at their house and we walked from my friends house to the mall.

I had an amazing experience.

i hope you get what u want ASAP!!!!

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Sorry about your horrible experience. However, the best they can do is probably give you an iTune gift card. They cannot just give you a phone as they are running short.

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
That is truly a sad experience. While I have never even considered standing inline to get an iPhone I have heard it can be a very fun experience. Sadly there will always be those who will impose their views on others and may be doing to just to ruin others experience, perhaps to get them out of line.

There was a group of korean people in front of me, they were saying they couldn't speak english, I quote "hi hong how godzilla godzilla" laughing hysterically loud as can be. Calling white people crackers making comments and harassing almost every person that walked by. On multiple occasions talking about "we just fidna rob these n------ in da parkin lot fo dis phone doe" I know Apple has no control over who lines up but it was just too much. They weren't even there buying for themselves, somebody paid them like $50 each to go stand in the line for the phones (for resale I'm sure) I'm like you're standing out all night for $50 times must be desperate. I did overhear one of them saying he had to pay on his court case though so maybe that $50 was necessary :/

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Sorry about your horrible experience. However, the best they can do is probably give you an iTune gift card. They cannot just give you a phone as they are running short.

I don't really think what I asked is too much, obviously things are never guaranteed but people should have known if they weren't going to have what they wanted and given the option to go look elsewhere. Not saying had I left I would have a phone right now but there was a much better chance. I called my carrier stores and best buys all gone but had I been there at 7-8 I could have had a much better chance than at 1 in the afternoon. If they gave an option to pay in store when you do in store pickup it also wouldn't be a problem but since they don't I won't be able to use my trade in value which I wanted to do instead of selling to a private party. The problems I have are things that were there fault, I'm not demanding something for free if they don't want to oblige my request it is what it is, but I will no longer be a customer.

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Im so sorry to hear u had an awful experience. I got to the mall at 5 and as soon as they let people come in inside the mall's property (parking) it went madness and i think my two friends and I made number 120 or maybe 115. So when we made it inside the mall, and they started giving out the reservations and taking orders, the sold out the plus right after they got my order. OMG i was so happy.

It was pretty organized. and all the employees walked around talking with customers and they were very friendly. I even asked an employee if i was gonna make it and he said " don't worry u will"! i was so relieved lol. but he told me that as a " secret"

Needless to say that i was tipsy bc i was drinking with my friends at their house and we walked from my friends house to the mall.

I had an amazing experience.

i hope you get what u want ASAP!!!!

Glad you had a good experience, I wish I would have brought a bottle of vodka with me lol. Enjoy your phone!

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Wow that's terrible.

Here it was surprisingly disorganized: the camp out was fun, but then at 5 am they told people to pack up their chairs and tighten the line, and then nothing happened. No tickets, no reservations, nothing. Around 8:30 they finally let people in in groups of 25, but since I had already paid for my phone I got in with the first 5 preorders.

The store was utter chaos, the wifi didn't work, the Apple easy pay system didn't work, Verizon customers had a really hard time connecting and setting up their devices, and it looked like they were going to run out of phones pretty fast.

It sounds to me that some kind of a glitch happened right before opening and that Apple tried to scramble up the best they could, though seeing the total debacle that I saw, I'd say they really should have been prepared for problems to happen and they clearly were not.

I got my phone but the whole experience could have been handled better. Especially knowing that their customers hadn't slept in 24 hours.

Art H

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry for you poor experience but I'm deeply troubled why you have such a difficult time saying "this group of black people" but no problem mentioning the group of Koreans or how they were calling white people crackers? You are that scared of the implication of saying "black" when you are obviously describing such but "cracker" and "white people" is so easily permitted in the same context? Scary what America has become. It would have been better if you didn't get into details about what happened as we don't want to bring race into a phone forum, I'm just troubled by your choice of words. Reverse racism will end in disaster. Call things like they are and let the chips fall as they may.

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Glad you had a good experience, I wish I would have brought a bottle of vodka with me lol. Enjoy your phone!

yea lol... it was good. however, there were people lining up and their friends were getting in the line and security put them all the way back in the line. Some people got trespassing for running to get in the line. the alcohol helped me... but now I've been in bed all day and i can't stand up. i feel miserable! lol

thanks!!!! keep us updated to see where everything goes with your problem. and id ask for a free iTunes gift card if i were u lol

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Wow that's terrible.

Here it was surprisingly disorganized: the camp out was fun, but then at 5 am they told people to pack up their chairs and tighten the line, and then nothing happened. No tickets, no reservations, nothing. Around 8:30 they finally let people in in groups of 25, but since I had already paid for my phone I got in with the first 5 preorders.

The store was utter chaos, the wifi didn't work, the Apple easy pay system didn't work, Verizon customers had a really hard time connecting and setting up their devices, and it looked like they were going to run out of phones pretty fast.

It sounds to me that some kind of a glitch happened right before opening and that Apple tried to scramble up the best they could, though seeing the total debacle that I saw, I'd say they really should have been prepared for problems to happen and they clearly were not.

I got my phone but the whole experience could have been handled better. Especially knowing that their customers hadn't slept in 24 hours.

totally true, the easy pay system shut down in the store i was at. it took forever to make it work again. I was so desperate. the guy even told me to set it up at home because the wifi was extremely slow there!

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I just have to share my experience with those that are freaks like I am lol. I decided to go with Town Square (first mistake) and I arrived at 11:30 Thursday night to a huge line of already about 160 people. For the 1st hour it was great, exactly what everybody had described fun people who are also passionate about the products, ect ect. At 12:45-1 one of the people I was chatting with had a friend that called them and said they were at Fashion Show mall and to come there and they invited us all to come but I declined their offer and decided to stay where I was at (2nd mistake). When they all left 2 people moved up by me, these 2 people didn't bother me until 20 minutes later when what I thought was a group of their friends arrived. These 6 people were the loudest, rudest, most racist group of people I have ever witnessed in my life. Every other word out of their mouth was n---- this and n---- that (I probably heard it close to 1,000 times in the last 24 hours). They were making such vile comments about every person that walked by and every ethnic group other than the one they belonged to. I put on my headphones trying to drown them out but I could still clearly hear what they were saying.

Fast forward to 6 am the employees start getting there telling people they will be by shortly to take orders and to get us our reservation. My plan at this point was to get it and leave so I didn't have to listen to the group behind me but then there was no other mention of it until 7:45. At that time the guy comes and says the system crashed and that they were working on getting physical cards (why this wasn't this done as back up to begin with is beyond me) but they were still opening at 8 and for everybody to be patient. Around this time my phone died so for the next few hours I knew it was getting later but honestly had no clue about exactly how long I had been there. Every 30-40 minutes or so these employees kept coming around "oh its gonna be moving in 10 minutes, the cards are coming shortly, blah blah blah) I finally was like stop lying to people you're just pissing everyone off more giving false times just let people know whats up so they can make a choice. At this point I'm pretty close to the finish line (comparatively anyways) when they start shouting things they were out of) and right when I was getting close to turning the corner bam they sold out of the last one for my carried (I was even going to buy larger and a different color because after standing for so long I didn't want to leave empty handed). By the time I left it was 12:30 so 13 hours later and no phone!!!! With the amount of time the outside employees spent talking to each other about non work things and checking their personal devices they could have been writing a list down of peoples carrier and what they wanted 10 at a time and checked the stock with the person who was telling them it was available/sold out. Instead this store decided it was totally fine to let people stand there wondering what was going to happen.

Yes I could have left but you know when you've waited for so long what's a little longer? That's exactly how I felt. I also knew that then had wasted so much of my time that if I was to go elsewhere my odds of finding what I wanted was probably as good as where I was at. The employees were just kind of like meh oh well about the situation too. I had also got out of line to use the bathroom twice and why in the world could they have gone through 30+ preorder people and let in 10 people who had been waiting all night? If others areas system crashed I didn't read anything like what was going on at our location which makes me even more mad. They also were allowing people to buy multiple devices which is not fair at all, it's bad enough when 1 person camps out and then 9 of their friends show up before opening but when those 10 people are buying 2 devices each it's not cool at all.

So that's my rant lol, I just had to get it out there. I will never in my life do this again and I honestly think Apple lost me as a customer with this BS. I called and filed a complaint, the people I talked to were so nice and helpful and they put in a thing for the manager to call me and they requested that I be contacted when what I was looking for comes in and it be placed on hold for me that day but we will see about that. Did anyone else have a horrific experience?? For those that didn't, I hope you're enjoying your new phone!

You need a hug. X

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry for you poor experience but I'm deeply troubled why you have such a difficult time saying "this group of black people" but no problem mentioning the group of Koreans or how they were calling white people crackers? You are that scared of the implication of saying "black" when you are obviously describing such but "cracker" and "white people" is so easily permitted in the same context? Scary what America has become. It would have been better if you didn't get into details about what happened as we don't want to bring race into a phone forum, I'm just troubled by your choice of words. Reverse racism will end in disaster. Call things like they are and let the chips fall as they may.

it's none my business but i don't see anything wrong with her comments...

korean group, white ppl group, black ppl group... it's just calling it by its name.

i mean, its my opinion tho

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

Umm there is nothing racist in what I wrote, you need your eyes checked or a lesson in reading comprehension lol. If it would make you feel better a group of black people thought it was appropriate to make derogatory comments about white, asian and hispanic people along with comments about peoples looks, their jobs, ect ect ect ect ;). You can step down from your soap box now!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR