IPhone 6 Plus: reviews and impressions

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to wait a few day before giving my initial impression of the 6 Plus. I have had the 6 Plus since Monday so I have used it for most of my work week as my daily driver. I did consider other phones before getting the plus. I two other phones I mainly looked at were the 4.7 inch iPhone 6 and the Note 4. I have been a fan of the Note series since my Note 2. I think they have been great phones and the 4 is definitely a top notch device. However, I really wanted an iPhone. I have always liked my iPhones, but wanted the bigger screen that other devices offered. The question then became just how big did I want to go? I used an HTC One m7 for the last couple months while I waited for my upgrade to kick in. The size of that phone is perfect for carrying around and still using one handed. I did like it but I missed my bigger screen. My daughters iPhone 6 came in last week and I got to hold and use that a little. The 4.7 inch iPhone is great. I really like it, but when I went and actually held the 6 Plus I was sold. I knew that I would benefit from the size. It is very convenient for me to read on my phones. The bigger screen is perfect for that. I use my calendar, to do lists, social media, email and messaging all day long. It's a lot better on the bigger screen. The battery life is the best I have ever had on a smartphone. I have consistently unplugged around 7 am and when I finally sit down around 9:30 pm I am at about 30%. Yesterday I was at about 20% because I watched a number of youtube videos. I am at a desk most of the day or in my truck so I don't have to be unplugged for that long, but it is nice to know that I could be. The usage time from 100% to 30% was about 7 and a half hours.

Those positives come with the challenge of carrying and holding the bigger phone. It fits in my pocket just fine with a case on it. Do I notice it? Yes. Is it uncomfortable? No. Now that is me. You may think it is awful. That is something that each person has to determine.

My wife has her upgrade next week. She was planning on getting a 6. She is using the iPhone 5 now. She figured the jump to 4.7 would be nice and she would be happy. That was until I let her use my 6 Plus to work on some projects. She is on her phone a ton for work. She uses social media for work all day long. Creating posts, messaging and phone calls. She absolutely loved the bigger screen. She is pretty excited about going from 16gb to 64 gb as well.

So my initial impressions are very good. The 6 plus is not for everyone. From what I can tell you are not losing out if the 6 plus is too big for you and you go with the 6. The 6 is a great phone and will be a great phone for most everyone. That being said, if you can deal with the larger size and it doesn't bother you to have to make some adjustments to how you use your phone, there are benefits to having the larger screen.

I hope this helps anyone considering the 6 plus to make a decision one way or the other.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I popped into the Verizon store to check out the 6 plus. Should I stay with IOS, that will be my phone of choice.
I did not find the phone too big as some feel it is.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I popped into the Verizon store to check out the 6 plus. Should I stay with IOS, that will be my phone of choice.
I did not find the phone too big as some feel it is.

As I stated in another thread, it's not that the 6 Plus may be too big, it's the 5, 5s, etc are too small.

I have mine (6 Plus) for only a few days and immediately took to it. It's the absolute perfect size to use a Smartphone the way it's supposed to be used.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
The first two iPhone 6 I got, I had the impression they were horrible quality.

Thankfully the third time was indeed a charm and it appears flawless.

My first two were 16GB, this third one is a 64GB. Different batch or something maybe?

Either way, I'm happy.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The first two iPhone 6 I got, I had the impression they were horrible quality.

Thankfully the third time was indeed a charm and it appears flawless.

My first two were 16GB, this third one is a 64GB. Different batch or something maybe?

Either way, I'm happy.

I'm glad it worked out for you the 3rd time. Too bad you had to go through all of that trouble though. So far we are two for two in my house. Perfect 16gb iPhone 6 and perfect 64gb 6 Plus. One more 64gb 6 plus to go next week. Hopefully that one goes well too.

I do wonder if getting the phone a couple months after release decrease the chance of having issues as they make adjustments in production. It would make sense.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm glad it worked out for you the 3rd time. Too bad you had to go through all of that trouble though. So far we are two for two in my house. Perfect 16gb iPhone 6 and perfect 64gb 6 Plus. One more 64gb 6 plus to go next week. Hopefully that one goes well too.

I do wonder if getting the phone a couple months after release decrease the chance of having issues as they make adjustments in production. It would make sense.

Yeah, I wondered that too. It seemed easier to get this device and it just seems more stable. I think they've started sorting out bugs.

That or they've got more workers with better QC now. Dunno.

I'm happy either way. I was seriously feeling a bit let down after that second device.

Walchaar6

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I unplugged my 6 plus at 10am Wednesday plugged it in 3am Friday with 11% battery life very very good battery life 37hours

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
first impressions: just looks like samsung.......too big..

Really? I don't see it. Having owned plenty of Samsung phones I don't see it at all. If it's too big for you I can understand that but I don't see the resemblance to Samsung's Note at all other than they are both big phones. Good luck with whatever you end up using. The 6 is a great size for most people. Maybe try that.

B3nj0

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
IPhone 6 Plus :reviews and first impressions

I just got my iphone6+ and my first impression is that the body is good for handling even if it has a bigger screen compare to iphone 6. The body design is nice. The display is awesome due to retina.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

njshoregurlz

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if I wrote anything lol but my experience,i had the six Right from September had no patience for the plus.
I used it for a month and than I went on craigslist and swapped with some nice man for my now plus both 64 gig... I'm loving this phone I'm staying with Apple I have too much invested in here with iTunes and app store.. As well as my daughter's who FaceTime me all the time and my mom. My youngest daughter I love using find my iphone to track lol she has my old 5s.
I still have the gold just as I did the 6. Love my 6 plus I use both hands but I also used it Many times with one hand no problem. I'm a female with small hands lol

graystuff

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Got my 6+ on Monday and haven't had too much time but I love the size of it first off although it did look monstrous in the box until I got it out. Of course I'm going to miss some stuu coming from a bb10 phone, that's to be expected but there is also so much I gain. Loving it so far and there is much more to discover. The only gripe is that push mail doesn't work for gmail or virginmedia. Not a big deal on my personal phone but I do miss that. Of course there might be ways round that yet to be discovered. Loving it so far.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Got my 6+ on Monday and haven't had too much time but I love the size of it first off although it did look monstrous in the box until I got it out. Of course I'm going to miss some stuu coming from a bb10 phone, that's to be expected but there is also so much I gain. Loving it so far and there is much more to discover. The only gripe is that push mail doesn't work for gmail or virginmedia. Not a big deal on my personal phone but I do miss that. Of course there might be ways round that yet to be discovered. Loving it so far.

I did the same. Only thing lacking for me in iOS is productivity, bb10 is like butter integrating with outlook and office products , it's native support without need to download an app. Forwarding a meeting invite is like a super basic thing iOS doesn't do.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I stated that when I received my new iPhone 6 Plus, I would tell everybody. Well, "EVERYBODY", I received my new space gray iPhone 6 Plus (64 GB model) today, via FedEx, while I was at work. First impressions? It's a beauty! I'm too tired to really set it up like I want, and I probably won't have the time until Christmas Day at the earliest. Anyway, I logged on only to do what I said I would do, and now I'm logging off.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen