IPhone 6 plus known issues

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Overall my 6+ is working quite well. iOS 8.3 has been stable, and while there are a few app(s) crashes, the developers are getting crash reports since I have that feature turned on in Diagnostics & Usage. When you visit on Tuesday perhaps Apple staff can run software diagnostics to see if anything else is going on.

Yeah, I'm hoping. It's just I've tried restores and if that didn't fix it then what could?

I'm generally very caring and careful of my devices. When I clean the screen, I only use one spray of lcd screen cleaner on the cloth, and I careful clean it. I thought maybe some solution could have gotten into the system, but I doubt that's possible.

Honestly it's frustrating. It seems like I'm the only one seeing these things.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
And no, I've switched cases around since I've owned the phone. Like I said, I was taking off and putting on cases to find one I like and I own lik 5 cases now.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Not to mention the general itchiness I'm getting on the 6 plus. Honestly, my 5S wasn't like that and I wonder if it's just the processor struggling sometimes. Since this is my third replacement phone trying to fix this issue maybe it's just something I should hope gets fixed eventual with software updates.

To name a few examples of this itchiness, when swiping through home screen panels, when scrolling websites, when typing on the keyboard, and just kinda a overal sense. Sometimes it works fine, but a noticeable amount of times I notice hitches.

I'm really hoping that iOS 9 will fix these issues. Because again, I can't imagine this being a specific device issue since this is my third replacement.

It's just you...not the phone, YOU.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah man no way you have had three bad phones. Nothing to discuss we've been through it all. Genius Bar is a complete waste of time by that I mean Apple's time.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah man no way you have had three bad phones. Nothing to discuss we've been through it all. Genius Bar is a complete waste of time by that I mean Apple's time.

Yeah I know. I'm gonna monitor it a bit more and see what's up. I think it's mainly sometimes I don't hit the button right or something. I have apple care anyway so I'm covered if anything does happen to it. I was mainly just concerned that since I do clean the screen often and remove and put on different cases that it could possibly damage the buttons or phone.

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I'm hoping. It's just I've tried restores and if that didn't fix it then what could?

I'm generally very caring and careful of my devices. When I clean the screen, I only use one spray of lcd screen cleaner on the cloth, and I careful clean it. I thought maybe some solution could have gotten into the system, but I doubt that's possible.

Honestly it's frustrating. It seems like I'm the only one seeing these things.

I see them too. It happens occasionally and it feels like earlier versions of iOS did not have as much of it. It's just the software that needs to be more optimized there's nothing wrong with your phone. I'm very sensitive to stuttering and I guess you are too. Not everyone notice these kind of things or be bothered with it.

Shahzad Ghani

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I have two issues with my silver. Iphone 6 plus 16 gig .. One is clicking while pushing finger at top middle and left corner and bottom left corner but its minor and does not interact with my use at all ...

Second i have a dead pixel right in the middle of screen but only visible in black background and does not bother me either as i saw it once only while i was checking for dead pixel after that it is no issue at all.. Afterall i m already thinking to get 6s plus as it comes if rumors are true with 2 gb ram and 12 mp cam

I am really enjoying battey on this thing i play games like walking dead mc 5 pvz 2 and love it on 6 plus

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I have two issues with my silver. Iphone 6 plus 16 gig .. One is clicking while pushing finger at top middle and left corner and bottom left corner but its minor and does not interact with my use at all ...

Second i have a dead pixel right in the middle of screen but only visible in black background and does not bother me either as i saw it once only while i was checking for dead pixel after that it is no issue at all.. Afterall i m already thinking to get 6s plus as it comes if rumors are true with 2 gb ram and 12 mp cam

I am really enjoying battey on this thing i play games like walking dead mc 5 pvz 2 and love it on 6 plus

The 6+ has an IPS panel, and a pixel being white at all times means it's "stuck" and not dead if I remember correctly. For TN panels a white pixel can mean it's dead.

In this case it could maybe be fixed. I have fixed stuck pixels on monitors. However since the screen glass is pretty hard on the iPhone one method is pretty difficult I assume. But one way is to gently massage the area of the dead pixel. However I don't think this can be applied for the phone as the glass will not bend enough to touch the screen itself.

The other way is a flashing .gif image file. Google "dead pixel fix" and open the first red image you see. It will show a image flashing in different colors rapidly. Placing this image over the pixel for a few hours can make it "unstuck" if you're a bit lucky.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Nothing but rumors so far. We have no idea about RAM and number of mp's on the camera. I read 10. But we can hope. There usually is some new hardware. I'll be getting the 6s Plus to replace my old 5. It's been a good one, but the battery is about gone. I should make it to September.

Shahzad Ghani

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
The 6+ has an IPS panel, and a pixel being white at all times means it's "stuck" and not dead if I remember correctly. For TN panels a white pixel can mean it's dead.

In this case it could maybe be fixed. I have fixed stuck pixels on monitors. However since the screen glass is pretty hard on the iPhone one method is pretty difficult I assume. But one way is to gently massage the area of the dead pixel. However I don't think this can be applied for the phone as the glass will not bend enough to touch the screen itself.

The other way is a flashing .gif image file. Google "dead pixel fix" and open the first red image you see. It will show a image flashing in different colors rapidly. Placing this image over the pixel for a few hours can make it "unstuck" if you're a bit lucky.

Thnx mann i would be trying it today

Shahzad Ghani

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Nothing but rumors so far. We have no idea about RAM and number of mp's on the camera. I read 10. But we can hope. There usually is some new hardware. I'll be getting the 6s Plus to replace my old 5. It's been a good one, but the battery is about gone. I should make it to September.

Ya that sounds good me too want to carry a phone for 2 years atleast till when battery shows to wear.. But i bought 6 plus used one so i am kinda feeling un satisfied and might be taking my eyes on iphone 6s plus and will get it brand new..

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Anyone ever noticed any halo or light bleed on any part of their 6 Plus screen? I just got one on Friday and have noticed a little bit in the bottom left corner. I'm thinking about calling Apple for a replacement. But I didn't know if this was a widespread issue or what.

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
My screen is perfect no bleeding at all. The most perfectly even screen I've had on any phone. Fantastic screen.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So, I'm not sure if it's just iOS 8 being buggy, the lack of ram being a issue for the 6 plus, the scaler being a weird number set compared to the 6, or what but ever since I've gotten the phone back in February it just hasn't been as stable or smooth as my old 5S. I get apps freezing while opening them, I get jitter and some hank while scrolling on web pages and such, and it just seems not as smooth all together. It's not unusable, but it's noticeable compared to my previous 5S. I don't think it's just the device I have either since I've gone through 3 replacements already. I thought maybe it was due to the fact I dropped my phone recently, but the Apple Store said everything looked fine. So really, I don't know. I'm hoping 8.4 or even iOS 9 will fix these issues.

KAY ATCHISON

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
On my iPhone 6 plus I could set notifications but after ios8 update my notifications dont alert but if i use default alerts sound and you can't change default notifications??? Anyone else notice this

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
YES! It was the same for my 5s starting about 4-5 weeks ago.

An issue I have with my 6+ is that the left shift key doesn't work with my left hand. Have to reach across for it to be effective. Is it just me?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I still have two re-occurring issues with my 6+. The springboard occasionally crashes and I don't get a camera shutter sound for the first picture I take.

Nether is that big of a deal :)

Intense Soul

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Once or twice a day, when I press the button to wake up my phone it isn't happening. I have to press it twice or thrice. It is the only issue I am facing. Seeing it for the past 4-5 days. It just happens randomly but not more than twice, this after I had updated my phone on the weekend to 8.4. It's a brand new one so I couldn't get time or Wi-Fi to update it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW