IPhone 6 plus known issues

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
The switcher sometimes doesn't come up when pressing the home button twice!!! I could kill apple  employees when this happens

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
While in the messages app, the name of the contact runs into the contact picture. "Force closing" the app and then reopening it fixes it.

jexner325

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Like many on this forum, I think the Plus is the best iPhone I have ever had. Having said that, I am a little disappointed with the memory and speed of the processor. Not sure if it is the scaler, but I do notice some freezing when switching between apps and the home screen as well as some slowness in switching from landscape to portrait. It may be an iOS8 issue but I definitely notice it. Having said that, everything else is great; screen looks amazing, sound quality is great, battery life is significantly better than my 5S, and the camera is fantastic. Can't wait for Apple Pay and more apps being updated for the Plus!!!

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Been a few days and wifi issue is still persisting. One thing I noticed is it won't connect to my 5 GHz channel at all anymore. (Doesn't appear in my network list.) turning wifi off and back on allows it to reconnect to 2.4 GHz chan.

Were you ever successful seeing and connecting to a 5GHz network? With my iPad mini retina I was able to see and connect, but I never saw a 5Ghz network with an iPhone, not with the 4s and now also not with 6+

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Were you ever successful seeing and connecting to a 5GHz network? With my iPad mini retina I was able to see and connect, but I never saw a 5Ghz network with an iPhone, not with the 4s and now also not with 6+

I've had no issues with my iPhone 5 seeing/connecting to the 5GHz chan. So far I'm reconnecting to 5GHz - hopefully it'll stick :)

letter_3 2

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I've been having issues with typing a message whether it be in text, notes, emails, ect? It will freeze and kick me out! It just did it again. It will either Freeze up and I can't do anything on the entire screen or kicks me out of whatever I'm doing. It seems more likely if I backspace but it's doin it a lot. Also copy/ paste freezing or is difficult? Actually was looking for customer service and found this site.
Can anyone help me out?
Thanks,
Jay

decypher44

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I, too, have been having intermittent wifi issues. I've never experienced this with a phone before. This is my first iPhone, so don't know if it has always been an issue.

Are these issues being forwarded to Apple?

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
When on wifi (and still connected to the network) and texting a NON iMessage user, it fails to send. Sometimes when hitting resend (still connected to wifi), it will go through but most of the time I have to turn OFF wifi and connect to the cell network to get the message to send. This has been happening more frequently.

Last edited:

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a pretty serious (or rather, seriously annoying) random reboot/refresh issue on my 6+ running 8.0.2

It is not app specific - sometimes it reboots with all apps closed and on the lock screen.

No blue screen of death or red screens, just the white screen with black Apple logo - it only takes 10-20 seconds to cycle back to the lock screen but it is really irritating when it chooses to reboot while I'm midway through tracking a run on runkeeper.

Sent from my shiny new iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
SMS always goes thru the cell network not wifi. That being said, your phone should be connected to the cell network even while you are on wifi (else how would you get calls unless on T-Mobile with wifi calling) so sending SMS should work unless you have a super weak signal.

I know it does which is why I believe this is a bug. I have full T-Mobile signal while connected to WiFi and it still does this to me.

smooches680

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Well I just got my iPhone 6+ on Wednesday and battery life is not that good and also connection signal is terrible and my Wi-Fi keeps coming on even when I turn it off!

smooches680

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi I am coming from an android phone does anyone know how to transfer music and photos onto my iPhone? Please reply back if you do thank you.

smooches680

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello again coming from android can anyone tell me anything special with the iPhone that I should know about?This is my very first iPhone!

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi I am coming from an android phone does anyone know how to transfer music and photos onto my iPhone? Please reply back if you do thank you.

Hello again coming from android can anyone tell me anything special with the iPhone that I should know about?This is my very first iPhone!

This is the known issues thread. You should probably post these questions in the ask a question forum

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone noticed there battery percentage drop occasionally 2%. Seems to mainly happen at 61% and drops to 59%. Happens on other percentages. I've also restored from new and still it happens, so now I'm thinking it could be iOS 8. I know it's only a minor problem but it's just annoying and would be nice to know if anyone else is experiencing it.

Edit. Also it jumps up in 2% increments when charging from 59% to 61%. Why only certain percentages I'm not sure it's strange.

Just wanted to post this again now there are more people posting on this thread. Please could everyone check there percentage when it's at 61% and see if it drops to 59%. So far it looks like I'm not alone, so it would be nice to know if there are more people experiencing this issue. It's probably not easy to spot unless you see it drop. Any observations and responses would be appreciated. Thanks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2