IPhone 6 plus known issues

isuquinndog

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes in Safari if I rotate to landscape mode, I can't do anything but scroll up and down. I can't press back, the address bar, favorites, anything. I have to rotate back to portrait and then back to landscape and it works.

CycloneFW

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes in Safari if I rotate to landscape mode, I can't do anything but scroll up and down. I can't press back, the address bar, favorites, anything. I have to rotate back to portrait and then back to landscape and it works.

In general, I have found Safari to "ignore" many of my taps. I don't recall if I was in portrait or landscape mode. Usually, if I scroll around, then I can tap to click.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Question for 6 Plus users. I've been watching review videos, and 2 mentioned they could see 'stuttering' and occasional 'pixeling' when scrolling quickly in safari and certain apps. They attributed it to the non-native 1080p resolution downscaling and the pull that had on the ram. Has anyone experienced this?

drummer07#AC

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I have an issue only on the 6 plus, where YouTube plays sounds out if the earpiece instead of the speakers, which results in quiet videos. All other sound is fine.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Wifi calling issues for a t mobile customer. Calls over wifi will drop consistently no matter who it is. Calls over lte are fine.

I have WiFi calling activated on my T-Mobile Plus and WiFi calling has been awesome with no drop outs. In fact I just ended a 2 hours phone convo while connected. Maybe do a reset? That's an odd one.

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
Question for 6 Plus users. I've been watching review videos, and 2 mentioned they could see 'stuttering' and occasional 'pixeling' when scrolling quickly in safari and certain apps. They attributed it to the non-native 1080p resolution downscaling and the pull that had on the ram. Has anyone experienced this?

I'm getting some random odd behavior on my 6 plus with YouTube. It sounds like it may be what you mentioned above. There are random times when watching a video it seems to get stuck like its buffering but I can't do anything. It just freezes and I have to force quit the app.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I can totally understand if apps need to be updated for it. Just sucks the stock apps didn't allow for it, so I'm not holding my breath. A great example is using Apple Maps. I still have MotionX GPS Drive installed because it supports 180 degree rotations. So I can load up the GPS, plug in my phone, and sit it in a cup holder to glance at for directions. Can't do that with Apple Maps unless I'm ok with it not being "face up".

Just a minor quip though. Hopefully Apple decides to change that in October's update.

That's weird. My GPS Drive won't go horizontal. Remember we used to be able to pick between Apple and Google maps (as a sort of recent update)? And there used to be a night mode? Anyway, I'm on my 4S, waiting for the 6 Plus. I use GPS Drive as my primary GPS, and was going to suggest to them that they allow landscape mode. I can't remember it ever being able to do that.

CycloneFW

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
That's weird. My GPS Drive won't go horizontal. Remember we used to be able to pick between Apple and Google maps (as a sort of recent update)? And there used to be a night mode? Anyway, I'm on my 4S, waiting for the 6 Plus. I use GPS Drive as my primary GPS, and was going to suggest to them that they allow landscape mode. I can't remember it ever being able to do that.

I never used landscape mode, but it does support rotating 180 degrees so the power cord plugs in "on top".

wxman2003

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
For those having wifi issues (losing connection), try turning location services off for weather. I notice that sometimes my wifi disconnects when it tries to get the weather when it wakes from sleep. The location arrow is showing when it wakes, and sometimes the wifi icon disappears at the same time. Turned weather off, and my wifi connections holds.

Last edited:

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm experiencing a wifi issue. For whatever reason I wasn't able to connect to my wifi network at home. (I'm currently connected on other devices, and have previously connected before.) have turned wifi off and on. No change. Going to restart and that will hopefully fix it, but hope it's a one time issue and not a recurring one.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Got a weird bug today check this outImageUploadedByTapatalk1412232632.227153.jpg
As y'all can see the orientation on the lock screen is messed up with the status bar. Anyone have this issue?
Oh, and today the orientation wouldn't change from landscape too portrait. It stayed in landscape for about 30 minutes then I tried again then eventually it changed back to portrait after kicking the phone them unlocking it with touch ID

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Got a weird bug today check this outView attachment 67055
As y'all can see the orientation on the lock screen is messed up with the status bar. Anyone have this issue?
Oh, and today the orientation wouldn't change from landscape too portrait. It stayed in landscape for about 30 minutes then I tried again then eventually it changed back to portrait after kicking the phone them unlocking it with touch ID

Good observation, I'm starting to feel like things need to be tightened up on the software side of things on iPhone 6 Plus. The larger screen size is apparently causing problems with orientation and thus developer support.

oder040

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes during video playback the sound will work and sometimes it won't. Calls for a restart and even then its hit or miss on whether it's going to work or not.

W10888

Aug 9, 2008
Visit site
I am using a small jpeg picture in my email signature. I cut and paste the text and picture from an existing email . The picture then goes away after closing and reopening the email app. I use the same on my ipad 4 and there is no problem, so I do not believe it is ios 8.0.2 issue.
Have any of you had the same experience with your 6+? (I am using IMAP)
Any fixes?

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Been a few days and wifi issue is still persisting. One thing I noticed is it won't connect to my 5 GHz channel at all anymore. (Doesn't appear in my network list.) turning wifi off and back on allows it to reconnect to 2.4 GHz chan.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Been a few days and wifi issue is still persisting. One thing I noticed is it won't connect to my 5 GHz channel at all anymore. (Doesn't appear in my network list.) turning wifi off and back on allows it to reconnect to 2.4 GHz chan.

did you try erasing network settings ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coldestsplash

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

Even I am having similar issue, sometimes it shows the 5ghz ssid sometimes it does not

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods