IPhone 6 plus known issues

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a pretty serious (or rather, seriously annoying) random reboot/refresh issue on my 6+ running 8.0.2

It is not app specific - sometimes it reboots with all apps closed and on the lock screen.

No blue screen of death or red screens, just the white screen with black Apple logo - it only takes 10-20 seconds to cycle back to the lock screen but it is really irritating when it chooses to reboot while I'm midway through tracking a run on runkeeper.

Sent from my shiny new iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

I was having this problem and I did restore as new. I haven't seen it again but mine was only for like 5-10 seconds. I never lost the phone calls when mine happened either.

mike5

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I've been having issues with typing a message whether it be in text, notes, emails, ect? It will freeze and kick me out! It just did it again. It will either Freeze up and I can't do anything on the entire screen or kicks me out of whatever I'm doing. It seems more likely if I backspace but it's doin it a lot. Also copy/ paste freezing or is difficult? Actually was looking for customer service and found this site.
Can anyone help me out?
Thanks,
Jay

I am also having similar issues w/messaging and texts, particularly when I am trying to attach a photo/video. This started about the same time I upgraded to the new/improved iOS 8.0.2 so I don't know if it is the software issue. Anyway, I travel a lot and like to take pictures of where I am and send them to friends/family. Now when I try to attach a picture the message/text app freezes and then the app shuts down completely, taking me back to the home page.

I also tried, starting from the picture, then hitting the share icon. When I click on message, more than 50% of the time there is no address block or it says "New Message" in the address box and won't let me type the contact's name making it unusable. I can send pictures via email, but prefer to send them via the messaging app most of the time. Help!

mike5

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I think I may have figured out my issue--I switched keyboards and it turns out I am only having this issue w/the Swift Key keyboard. It seems to work fine w/the stock keyboard. I will send this off to swift key and hopefully, they can fix it.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Had my first 6 plus issue. Did a reset of my network settings and the device got stuck in a reboot loop. Nothing a DFU + backup couldn't fix though.

I won't be at a computer for a few days, but when I can I will put 8.1b2 on it and test again.

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have encountered something new the last few days. The calendar doesn't update in the Notification Center. It shows the prior day even though at the top it has the correct day and upcoming calendar appointment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

swampbaby

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Last night I was sitting inn unfair on my lunch break listening to iTunes Radio. The music app was the only app I had running. All of a sudden the phone did the white screen black Apple logo for 20 seconds. They was the first time that's happened I've been noticing more and more that the keyboard on both the 6+ as well as iPad freezes at random times and wither in native if third part apps.

Also an issue I noticed yesterday was that when I attempt to send a text message whether it be a contact or a number not saved in my phone, like 911. I enter the number then tap the camera icon to send a photo. As its doing the carousel effect to choose a photo to attach if I'm swiping back and forth fast enough the entire messages app will just crash on me.

I've rebooted the phone and it still crashes.

Last edited:

ZeroLeonheart

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
This is happening to me too. I dont want to go to the APple Store to get it replaced, so I'm hoping 8.1 will fix this issue. I wish there was a way for us non-devs to report bugs like this.

adamski777

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
the 2% battery drop seems to be an iOS 8 issue, this happened last night on my iPad Mini 1st Gen (running 8.0.2), dropped from 48% to 46% just by unlocking...

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
the 2% battery drop seems to be an iOS 8 issue, this happened last night on my iPad Mini 1st Gen (running 8.0.2), dropped from 48% to 46% just by unlocking...

48% to 46% is another percentage point where mine jumps.

I have a battery widget and when my battery percentage is at 61% my widget shows 60%. That would be another indication its an iOS 8 bug.

If you don't mind can you check to see if it jumps when at 61% to 59%?

TheFirm

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
45c956d366d8d8919e62578c83dac1a8.jpg

Somebody posted about this earlier in the thread I believe, happened but when I unlocked my phone and then locked it again, it fixed itself.

Sent from my 128gb iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk via Sprint Spark

aznhomieboi1689

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know or have the same issue as me?

my iPhone 6 Plus WiFi is SO SLOW. Sometimes it's not even working. It became more apparent after the latest update. I used the speedtest app and it came to 1.68 Mbps! On my computer, it's 11.49 Mbps. And on my iPad Air with iOS 8.0, it is 14.4 Mbps. So what is going on? My LTE is not more reliable than WiFi on my iPhone. It is quite annoying. I am not able to load anything!

mpshah

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
48% to 46% is another percentage point where mine jumps.

I have a battery widget and when my battery percentage is at 61% my widget shows 60%. That would be another indication its an iOS 8 bug.

If you don't mind can you check to see if it jumps when at 61% to 59%?

I'm having the same issue, jumped from 61% to 59%.

As you mentioned seems like an iOS issue.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen