I am having a REAL dilemma here and need some advice from others who may have picked up the 16 GB

Mr_Freeze72

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
So as some might know I been really conflicted by which storage capacity I should stick with for my new iPhone 6 plus. See this morning when I went to pick up my phone I was gonna switch to a 64 GB but the apple employees said I would have to get in the non pre order line and by that time, I doubt I would have still been able to get a plus at all. So I walked out with the 16 GB Gold Plus.

16 GB has worked for me for the past 2 years with my iPhone 5 and i rarely ran out of space. I did run out of space trying to update to IOS 8 on my 5 a few days ago though. I take a few pictures and video here and there but nothing major, I have my DSLR camera, and Macbook for photo and video editing and don't download a large amount of apps. I also kinda not a fan of spending more than 200-300 on a phone I will only have for like 2 years before I upgrade to a new iPhone LOL. Now that iCloud has upgraded a bit I think I might be okay, However, the 64 GB still appealing to me (just so I know I have the extra space if something should pop up) but it seems that if I return my 16 GB i will probably have to wait until like October or November. This has been driving me NUTTS all day and kinda killed my excitement for my new phone.

This probably sounds lame but any other 16 GB owners here and happy with their purchase? Most here are 64 GB or 128 GB and I feel like I am missing the party LOL.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I don't own or will ever own again a 16GB phone. But you answered your own question in your first statement. That you've been fine with 16GB in the past. As long as you have that, you're fine.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I chose to have the 16GB. I don't need all that space. Right now I'm sitting at 6.6 unused will ALL my photos, apps, and music that I listen to for running. It works great for me. I would have taken a 32 if that had been offered, but for what I do 64 is just way too much.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Actually I've only owned 16gb iPhones in the past. Having a 64gb for the first time is a great new feeling. No worries about any storage limits. Remember apps keep on getting larger. Pics/videos occupy more space now. For an extra $100 you 3x storage. Worth it to me.

...via iPad from TapaTalk...

aznhomieboi1689

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I got the 128 gb one and boy do I love it! I think you should consider a 64. It'd be a good investment. I don't know why Apple went with 16gb tho. Seems such a missed opportunity. 16gb is so outdated Imo.

metacuate

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I guess you all are right. I honestly don't do a whole lot with my phone so I think I will be good.

I used to use 16gb but these days I feel like it fills up and I dont want to have to go through and delete things every few weeks, so I went with a 6+ 64gb... 4x the storage for a few dollars a month more on carrier financing

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have the 16 gb 5. I've had it a year, and have 4.4 gb available. I store photos on Box, Dropbox and OneDrive. Not much music. About 130 downloaded apps. Most who use 64 or 128 gb out a lot of music on their phones. Some up to 40 gb of music or more. You can manage 16 gb. Box gives you 10 free gb of file storage. Photos, videos, Gifs and documents. That helps a lot.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a 16gb 5s before that I had a 16gb 4s. I don't have a lot of apps and I don't store pictures or music on my phone. I just put iOS 8 on my device and I still have 9gb free. It works fine for me.

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
i'm planning on ordering the 64 gb (i too would have settled for 32 had it been offered) only cause of large updates, the fact that i'm a heavy photographer (usually having 800+ photos on my phone)....to me...better camera + bigger file format for photos = taking up more space to save them....thoughts?

Bmichael78

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I use the 16 and its plenty for me. I use spotify for music and I have drop box for photos. I have 32 apps and over 100 pictures on the phone. I guess I'm not a hardcore user. I don't watch movies or play games on mine either, of course that's because I have an iPad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Justin Beatty

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
For me, all of the reasons to own a 6 plus necessitated 64 gb minimum. The photos, games, videos, and reading. If I didn't care about all that, I would have gone for the 6.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't own or will ever own again a 16GB phone. But you answered your own question in your first statement. That you've been fine with 16GB in the past. As long as you have that, you're fine.

16gigs is premature lol. That can't even fit my music 128 gigs all the way!
I agree with you!

ChrisJ1

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Think about it this way. Wait one month for your phone and get the one you like or struggle for two years with 16GB not having the phone you want and capacity you want for not waiting a month.

The choice is yours brother.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner