So...close....

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Went to AT&T today and asked if they had any 6 pluses and was told no. Guy came in about 10 min after me asked another associate and he brought out the last 6+.

/Darth Vader voice

NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo

Nooo!.jpg

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, it's fine. Doesn't bother me really. People are only human. :) It's not like they are all syncing in the cloud. Plus, I get to use a Darth Vader reference so that makes up for it :p On the bright side, I get extra time to figure out if the 6+ is really for me. It really is a large device

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
So did you ask why they told you no and the other person yes?

No, I didn't. I am against being a difficult customer. My gf is frequently in tears over difficult customers threatening her and screaming at her(she works at Best Buy) and it off-puts me being so direct even if it might be a reasonable question. I chalked it up to having one associate knowing and the majority not knowing. While I was looking at the device after I was told no, I heard a lot of other associates say no as well to people I overheard. While I was looking at the cases, I overheard the associate in question say, "yes, we have a 16GB gold model in stock." I thought maybe there was a reserve system or something but that didn't turn out to be the case, the customer was just a walk-in. I'll check back later today

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
No, I didn't. I am against being a difficult customer. My gf is frequently in tears over difficult customers threatening her and screaming at her(she works at Best Buy) and it off-puts me being so direct even if it might be a reasonable question. I chalked it up to having one associate knowing and the majority not knowing. While I was looking at the device after I was told no, I heard a lot of other associates say no as well as people asked. While I was looking at the cases, I overheard the associate in question say, "yes, we have a 16GB gold model in stock." I thought maybe there was a reserve system or something but that didn't turn out to be the case, the customer was just a walk-in. I'll check back later today

I see. Just a case of a clueless employee.

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, it's fine. Doesn't bother me really. People are only human. :) It's not like they are all syncing in the cloud. Plus, I get to use a Darth Vader reference so that makes up for it :p On the bright side, I get extra time to figure out if the 6+ is really for me. It really is a large device

A friend of mine just got his 6+ 128G and he let me hold it. It is not too big and I can still do one hand for the most parts. You should stay with the 6+.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I can one hand all the same stuff I use to do one-handed. Which, wasn't a whole lot. I've almost always done a majority of stuff with both hands and this just fits so well.

rustymini

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine today from the AT&T store. iPhone 6+ 64 gigs........shipping date November 9-21st........dang it. :( They did say it could ship much sooner.:D

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I ordered mine today from the AT&T store. iPhone 6+ 64 gigs........shipping date November 9-21st........dang it. :( They did say it could ship much sooner.:D

It probably will ship sooner. These companies just give out a worst case scenario shipping date to cover themselves from over promising is all. I highly doubt you'd be getting it in November.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, that's my reasoning too. I type with two hands, I usually hold my iPhone with one hand and use the other for scrolling because I am too paranoid that I will drop it. Pretty sure I'll stick with it due to larger battery, OIS and better resolution but it's never bad to think on things especially after seeing it in person.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711