What to do with old IPhone
I have an IPhone 5 and will be giving it to my wife who will be upgrading form a 16gb IPhone 5. I will be picking up a 6+ today. What do I need to do to prepare my old IPhone 5 for her? Reset? Does that wipe all of the data? How about the SIM card? Do I remove mine and put hers in from her old IPhone 5? I want to transfer her number to the phone I am giving her. We are both on Verizon. I think I can do that by calling them. I don't want her to lose her upgrade status with this switch of phones for her. Am I missing anything. I posted here since probably others are doing this today.
- 09-19-2014, 09:57 AM #2
Re: What to do with old IPhone
On any device you're giving away or selling.... Turn off Find my iPhone, log off/sign out of iMessage, FaceTime, iCloud, and AppStore... Then go to settings>>general>>erase all content/settings... As far as SIMSs goes... call Verizon, have them swap the MEIDs in their system, swap SIMs and restart the phones.
- 09-19-2014, 10:05 AM #3
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-18-2015, 01:06 AM
- By co_mtn_grl in forum Photography and VideographyReplies: 6Last Post: 10-01-2014, 08:48 AM
- By jpf22467#IM in forum iPhone 6Replies: 26Last Post: 09-20-2014, 03:24 PM
- By myblackz28 in forum iOS 8Replies: 9Last Post: 09-19-2014, 04:59 PM
- By Iphonejackson in forum iOS 8Replies: 2Last Post: 09-19-2014, 02:35 PM