Safari on 6 Plus

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully, tomorrow when people start receiving their devices and reporting back, someone will give a definitive answer to your question. If I had to 'guess', I'd say it 'll default to mobile web viewing.

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Very often, web sites have codes to detect it is coming from a mobile devices and automatically send you to their mobile sites.

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully, tomorrow when people start receiving their devices and reporting back, someone will give a definitive answer to your question. If I had to 'guess', I'd say it 'll default to mobile web viewing.

Hopefully your speculation is incorrect but I believe you're right. It's no where near a deal breaker for me, but I was hoping Safari on the 6 Plus would be like the iPad.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Interesting. Many of the sites I visit on my iPad load in the full site.

I haven't tested this and I don't know if the apps need to be updated to take advantage of it, but I thought I remember from the iOS8 keynote that 3rd party apps could now use the Nitro javascript engine and perform as well as Safari. Some of those browser apps let you set the identification string to a desktop browser for those sites that redirect to a mobile site. Doesn't help much until we can set a default browser app, but it might be something to look at.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I also wonder if the 6 plus will have more info on the screen versus the 6 when we use safari, Is it gonna be the same info but bigger? I hope Apple takes advantage of all the pixels and screen size so we can have more on the screen.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I also wonder if the 6 plus will have more info on the screen versus the 6 when we use safari, Is it gonna be the same info but bigger? I hope Apple takes advantage of all the pixels and screen size so we can have more on the screen.

More content will be displayed on the Plus.

swampbaby

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. Many of the sites I visit on my iPad load in the full site.

When refreshing the history as well as the cookies and data on Safari and loading Wikipedia...it defaults to mobile. As does the iMore forum. I have to scroll all the way to the bottom and tap on "full site"

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice