Anyone with a Verizon Pre-Order (not shipped) getting in line tomorrow???

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a Gold 128 pre-ordered. Even though I was trying to order at 3am on 9/12, the website gave me the famous ECDP error and I wasn't able to get my order thru until 4am. By then my shipping date was 10/7.

I am off tomorrow, and I might get up early and try my luck at my local VZW store. Anyone else doing the same?

Question. Can my local VZW cancel a preorder, assuming I can/want a phone from their stock?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I preordered for in store pick up but I'm still going there early.
The thing I wonder though is if I decide in the store that the 6 is too small or that for whatever reason, I need the 6 plus, would I be able to switch right then and there?

matt8823

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I didn't get through until almost 5 am est because of the crappy verizon site. I haven't had any movement on my order so I will be lining up late tonight or early tomorrow morning. Im not sure if they can cancel your order, but if they can't I will just call when i get home and cancel the order. They might cancel mine for me though because I am using upgrade and that would cancel out the discounted price once I upgrade in store.

Adam Cooke1

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey im gonna be going early in the morning as well probably around 6 am!!! What time are you guys going? i got at my verizon store at the launch of the i 5 and was like the 4th person in line!!!!

Grafixx01

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
When I called the VZW customer service line, they said "there will be issues if you bought it in the store and already had a pre-order" I asked them why would I wait for a pre-order that isn't supposed to ship until 10/14 if/when I can get the same in store (I'm saying cause I live in WV and not too many people that I know or have heard of have VZW here cause of coverage issues). They only told me "there would be issues". I asked WHAT issues if I haven't been charged, its not supposed to ship for another month, what issues could there be to cancel it? They were not specific and I don't think there would be any issues since all they are doing with a wait over a week out is pushing other people up 1 spot since you got yours. Worse comes to worse, the way I looked at it was this and I told the rep, who had no answer, "IF I can get a 128GB Silver in store and you WON'T cancel the pre-order, you will still ship and charge for the phone, I will just refuse the shipment, it'll go back to you and then you'll credit the money back to the account it was charged. If you do NOT credit the account, then I will just dispute the charge on the credit card and get the money back that way since I won't have that product!" I got NO response.

I think, in all honesty, VZW has gotten too big for its britches and is slowly becoming like TWC & ComCast in the Customer Service Arena. I've had to fight with them for three months to get a credit issued to the phone and NONE of the reps, even management would EVER say the same story. I FINALLY, after 3 months, got a hold of a manager who actually looked at the notes on the account and said, "Wait, here it is where the representative said that since BlackBerry AND VZW cannot diagnose the problem, the customer is paying $175.00 to get out of the contract AND to square away the phone on the EDGE for a new Note3." We were fighting because VZW was trying to tell me that I owed them $275.00+ for the BlackBerry Z30 that I paid for and hadn't worked since day1 properly that is.They said I owed them the money for NOT returning the BlackBerry to them.

I'm still in the middle of writing a letter to the high-ups about the issue since I'm pissed, even though it was squared away. I may even put in the debocle about the iPhone6+.

matt8823

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Just checked my order status and got the dreaded 10/07 delivery date. I was up at 2:45 am EST to try and order and because of Verizon and Apple's craptastic planning I got screwed over. I even got through on the Apple store app on the iPad, and it said that I had a reservation for each phone I ordered because they couldn't check my upgrade status with verizon. Then I never got any other email to finish the order process. So now that I got the shaft from Apple and Verizon I have to get up around 3 am again to make sure that I get the phones that I want (2 iPhone 6 +'s either 64 or 128 gb hopefully, but highly doubtful). I guess I will check with my local verizon to see if they will divulge what kind of stock they will have so that I will know if I will be wasting my time or not by getting up.

Last edited:

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
It might be just me, but I cannot justify standing in line for hours and not really knowing whether I can get what I want or not. I want the silver/white 6+ 128 GB and I won't settle for less.

But I might stop by the mall tonight and see how many people are waiting in line already. :)

mbern1008

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I am going to the Apple store tomorrow to try and get mine. I was up at 3am and tried had a 9/19 date when the system crashed on my during checkout. By the time the system became available it was delivery by 10/7 and I checked today and it now said shipping 10/14. I talked to 3 different reps online they said if I get online and get it guaranteed through apple when they hand out the tickets I should call then to get my preorder cancelled so that it can flow through the system

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2