How weird is this?

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
On the 9th of September I was able to preorder the minute the Apple Store app came back online.
As usual after placing my order the money was deducted from my account, UNTIL..........

Yesterday...lol.
I noticed when I was going through my transaction, the money bounced back into my account for the iPhone. I was some what confused to why Apple would deduct then put back the money into my account, then later( I assume) take it out again.
So I called apple, and they informed me that they do this as an authorisation to ensure the funds are there.
I find this weird.
Had this happened to anyone?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The initial transaction was probably a hold on the total amount and not an actual deduction in the account...though technically there's really no difference since the hold renders the funds unusable the same as simply taking it as a full on deduction. The second transaction was the actual release of hold and then purchase...not weird at all.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Haha. No way man. I ant stupid. Ok surprised you still got gold again. I went for space grey.

To be 100% honest with you, when I went to order, my initial choice was space grey with gold as secondary, but every time I tried to purchase the space grey model, it was not available...so I just jumped on a gold model. These things are bringing major bucks, so I'll probably just dance the same dance I did last year and sell it in a month and buy a space grey one.

Blue leather case looks a lot better on the gold model though, so there's that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR