Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    6,195 Global Posts

Default Re: Apple.com | Apple Store App orders ONLY

Quote Originally Posted by jonquiljo View Post
    Well, please chill out too. I'm just making a statement about how all of us tend to be treated like cattle in the 21st century. I guess I'm used to Amazon-like CS.

Also, believe it or not, back only about 20 years ago, you would buy a cell phone and they would set it up for you, made sure it worked, and made sure you knew how to use it. That wasn't very long ago, and lots of people bought them back then.

It's not the "stuff", but rather the attitude. I have friends from years ago now at Apple in Cupertino, and they are many many millions richer for it. That money comes from us. How does the expression go ...."don't bite the hand that feeds you?"
    WTF? We are cattle. FOUR MILLION OF US stayed up all night begging Apple to take our money and then reward our dedication with a new phone.

For the record, go wait in line at an Apple store on Friday and a nice man or woman in a blue t-shirt WILL set set it up for you, make sure it works and make sure you know how to use it.
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Well, please chill out too. I'm just making a statement about how all of us tend to be treated like cattle in the 21st century. I guess I'm used to Amazon-like CS.

Also, believe it or not, back only about 20 years ago, you would buy a cell phone and they would set it up for you, made sure it worked, and made sure you knew how to use it. That wasn't very long ago, and lots of people bought them back then.

It's not the "stuff", but rather the attitude. I have friends from years ago now at Apple in Cupertino, and they are many many millions richer for it. That money comes from us. How does the expression go ...."don't bite the hand that feeds you?"
    You just don't quit do you? Don't bite the hand that feeds you? Where did Apple bite anyone's hand? They had a record breaking pre-order and they are fulfilling the orders in a controlled and transparent fashion...Apple didn't pull any of the BS you've read about from people who ordered from carriers instead...they gave you a delivery date, and as far as I've read, NOBODY who pre-ordered with Apple has had their delivery date changed randomly and mysteriously. It has all been related to carrier issues and incompetence on their end.

You're sitting here complaining about something that literally makes no sense. Do you have any indication that your phone isn't going to be shipped and delivered on time (based on what you were told when you ordered it)? Or are you just flapping your lips to complain for the sake of complaining?

Apple maintains INDUSTRY LEADING customer service and satisfaction ratings. Don't believe it? Go look it up. They've been in the top 5 companies for customer satisfaction for the last 7 years or more, and were #1 for many of those years.

Now tell me again how Apple makes their customers feel like a herd of cattle...lol! You act like Apple is on the level of Comcast or something with your comments...ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous. There's a clear and concise reason why Apple has this rush to get their products from day 1...it's because they make great products and Apple keeps their customer base coming back for more while also bringing in new business. This doesn't happen when a company fails at satisfying their consumer base.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    yet some of these people would have you believe they've been sitting by their computer, refreshing it every minute since the 12th making sure their iPhone was progressing how they saw fit.
    Well, not EVERY minute.
    mattrock2003 likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by HankAZ View Post
    I got no problem with you or even with this thread, per se. It’s just that there is always some guy who gets his nose all out of joint and becomes almost suicidal because he doubts his phone will come on launch day. If it wasn’t so sad, it would be funny to see these people melting down and expressing their "lack of faith" in Apple.
    Remember, this is all artificial. Apple releases things early to get everyone all hot and bothered so they will want to buy one too. Apple could have waited two months and sold things to everyone without incident. They supposedly want to sell 90 million of these things by years end. When they release them, you'd expect that they would have a decent supply. This is all about marketing. The people getting in lines tonight in front of an Apple store to buy on Friday. That gets headlines. I just saw one on the local news. That's not news, though. It's free advertising.

When people say they have no faith in Apple it's not about a silly phone. You drop it on the pavement and it isn't a phone anymore. It's about being played by a company that should stop playing people. No one passes over an iPhone because it's made by cheaply paid Chinese labor, or that Apple likes to keep lots of profits overseas to avoid taxation. They just want to buy the thing that is hard to get and is scarce.

Even this mysterious shipping of millions of phones from China is nuts. It gets headlines and is free advertising. I guess I'm making fun of myself and everyone else. You've got to admit that the whole purchase experience is really funny? But we do it anyway.
    iMore Intermediate

Anyway my iPhone moved from TN to KY tonight and has since left there. Getting pumped.
    xandrik and jsanders91 like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Remember, this is all artificial. Apple releases things early to get everyone all hot and bothered so they will want to buy one too. Apple could have waited two months and sold things to everyone without incident. They supposedly want to sell 90 million of these things by years end. When they release them, you'd expect that they would have a decent supply. This is all about marketing. The people getting in lines tonight in front of an Apple store to buy on Friday. That gets headlines. I just saw one on the local news. That's not news, though. It's free advertising.

When people say they have no faith in Apple it's not about a silly phone. You drop it on the pavement and it isn't a phone anymore. It's about being played by a company that should stop playing people. No one passes over an iPhone because it's made by cheaply paid Chinese labor, or that Apple likes to keep lots of profits overseas to avoid taxation. They just want to buy the thing that is hard to get and is scarce.

Even this mysterious shipping of millions of phones from China is nuts. It gets headlines and is free advertising. I guess I'm making fun of myself and everyone else. You've got to admit that the whole purchase experience is really funny? But we do it anyway.
    There's simply no nice way to put this...what you're saying is idiotic paranoia.

And now you're bringing in their labor force and taxation practices?

Seems really odd to me, with your (asinine) concerns, that you'd be ordering an iPhone in the first place, much less sign up for a forum membership to spout this crap. You're sharing a tunnel visioned consumer view of how business "should" work...and there are executives that thank god everyday that their companies are not run by people like you, because the businesses wouldn't last a blink of an eye with that approach.

Your entitled attitude is so disgusting. What makes you entitled to one of these devices without a wait time? Since when are you entitled to one of them at all? If you have such disdain for the company, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! It's simple buddy...yet here you are, drinking the poison koolaid you're running around like a retard trying to "warn" everyone about.
    guinnkevinr likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    There's simply no nice way to put this...what you're saying is idiotic paranoia.

And now you're bringing in their labor force and taxation practices?

Seems really odd to me, with your (asinine) concerns, that you'd be ordering an iPhone in the first place, much less sign up for a forum membership to spout this crap. You're sharing a tunnel visioned consumer view of how business "should" work...and there are executives that thank god everyday that their companies are not run by people like you, because the businesses wouldn't last a blink of an eye with that approach.

Your entitled attitude is so disgusting. What makes you entitled to one of these devices without a wait time? Since when are you entitled to one of them at all? If you have such disdain for the company, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! It's simple buddy...yet here you are, drinking the poison koolaid you're running around like a retard trying to "warn" everyone about.

Now, I think you're taking yourself way too seriously. I think you take all of this to seriously. I also think you have to wake up (I didn't say grow up) and think about what you are talking about. Apple is just a company. They make a lot of money. They make "stuff". Lots of companies make stuff. While it may be interesting today, it will be boring in a year and totally forgotten in 5. In fact, all of us will totally be forgotten in a hundred years or so. So, lets just calm down and not worried about who you think feels entitled or not. The problem with the Internet is that people talk to each other and say the most outrageous things that they would never say to anyone in person. And if you really think you know what the person online you are talking to is all about - think again. You have no clue about the person posting next. And don't think that you do.

And the executives you mention .... have you ever met one? Have you ever been one? Have you ever been in the same room as one? Its not as it all appears. Not even close.
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #58  
    iMore Beginner

Chill out peeps! Let the man have an opinion. As strange as it is, he's entitled to one without a lashing.

So, I received shipping confirmation emails this morning. One is coming from China, and the other from Tennessee.

Now go get some nachos!
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,427 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HankAZ View Post
    Louisville KY is the main hub location for UPS. Last year the route was:
    Shenzhen, China > Hong Kong > Incheon, Korea > Anchorage, AK > Louisville, KY > your house.

You can also track iPhone's flight from Anchorage to Louisville...

Flight Finder*✈ Anchorage Intl (PANC) - Louisville Intl (KSDF) ✈ FlightAware

Check the departure scan time and match it against one of the UPS flights.
    And now I have another site to watch and wait.
    iMore Beginner

Mine left Anchorage Alaska at 6:15 PM on Tuesday, but no updates since then....still shows delivery tomorrow though. I can't imagine how hard it must be to update all these deliveries in a timely manner. I have to believe my phone is sitting in KY or GA by this point even though there's nothing on UPS.com to validate that. Tomorrow can't get here soon enough!
    iMore Intermediate

Mine is in Louisville, KY since late last night. Coming to Illinois by tomorrow!
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #62  
    iMore Beginner

Default Apple.com | Apple Store App orders ONLY

I called UPS and they are holding packages for me to pick them up first thing in the morning.
    iMore Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by isuquinndog View Post
    Mine is in Louisville, KY since late last night. Coming to Illinois by tomorrow!
    Oh good! You live in Illinois too. Mines still in Louisville as well. We better see some movement later today!

I finally got my shipment confirmation from Apple this morning too. So excited! One more day!
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by mattrock2003 View Post
    Oh good! You live in Illinois too. Mines still in Louisville as well. We better see some movement later today!

I finally got my shipment confirmation from Apple this morning too. So excited! One more day!
    Yep and not even in Chicago!
    iMore Newbie

I order the 6+ 64GB space gray T-Mobile No Contract and it said est. delivery Oct 1st- Oct. 6. However my card is now charged the full amount and my order status says preparing for shipment. Does that mean I may get it way earlier than predicted?
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by taker888 View Post
    I order the 6+ 64GB space gray T-Mobile No Contract and it said est. delivery Oct 1st- Oct. 6. However my card is now charged the full amount and my order status says preparing for shipment. Does that mean I may get it way earlier than predicted?
    When you originally ordered did it say delivers by Oct 1-6 or ship by those dates? The reason I'm asking is mine says delivers by Oct 13-20. So, here's hoping it will ship in a week or so.

To answer your question....yes, you will most likely get it early. Probably next week some time.
    Last edited by mackie99; 09-18-2014 at 02:26 PM.
    iMore Newbie

It always said Delivers by Oct 1st- Oct 6th. I'm crossing my fingers it comes as early as next week!
    Last edited by taker888; 09-18-2014 at 04:37 PM.
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Now, I think you're taking yourself way too seriously. I think you take all of this to seriously. I also think you have to wake up (I didn't say grow up) and think about what you are talking about. Apple is just a company. They make a lot of money. They make "stuff". Lots of companies make stuff. While it may be interesting today, it will be boring in a year and totally forgotten in 5. In fact, all of us will totally be forgotten in a hundred years or so. So, lets just calm down and not worried about who you think feels entitled or not. The problem with the Internet is that people talk to each other and say the most outrageous things that they would never say to anyone in person. And if you really think you know what the person online you are talking to is all about - think again. You have no clue about the person posting next. And don't think that you do.

And the executives you mention .... have you ever met one? Have you ever been one? Have you ever been in the same room as one? Its not as it all appears. Not even close.
    I'd say the same thing to your face that I'm saying right now, so I'm not quite sure what you're going on about in that regard...I assure you, anything I say on here, I would have ZERO problem saying to anyone in this community in person. I don't care who you are, I can only respond with what you say and how you come across on this forum...and so far, you've come across exactly as I described before.

You're back tracking and rambling about non-sense now...asking me to calm down when you're the one making this dramatic issue known about how you're losing faith in Apple as a company for the most ridiculous of reasons (and honestly, after re-reading your original points, I don't think you have a reason at all!)

Have I met an Apple executive? Nope. Have I ever met an executive of a company? Yes! I'm actually close friends with a few executives of some rather large national companies...and I know exactly what is important to these people...making money and keeping customers happy so they can continue to make money. There's not much more to it...it's about padding future profit, and you can't do that by falling short on satisfying the consumer base that gives you that profit. It's exactly as it appears...you know, except to those who wander through life in a paranoid daze...to them, there's always a secret, and there's always an ulterior motive.

Back to the original topic though, while I knew the status anyways by checking UPS, I got a text this morning telling me my phone is on it's way! Very excited!
    Last edited by SeanHRCC; 09-18-2014 at 04:24 PM.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    704 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by taker888 View Post
    I ordered silver 64GB - Verizon. My order changed today to "Preparing for Shipment" hoping it shows up Tuesday before I head out on a business trip for the rest of the week.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts

An update on my iPhone 6 Plus (Gold, 64gb, at&t)...

I just checked the online status, and it has been pushed back. Instead of delivering tomorrow (which I thought would be impossible since no reference number could locate it), it has switched to 1-3 days (with a delivery September 23rd).

I'm glad the order didn't get itself cancelled and they finally decided to update me (albeit, less than 24 hours before I thought the phone would arrive). I'm looking forward to my enormous iPhone.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,427 Global Posts

Mine is in Louisville as of this morning. No change since, but I'm hoping it's getting on a truck/plane for here (or has already left and status just hasn't been updated).
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by applejosh View Post
    Mine is in Louisville as of this morning. No change since, but I'm hoping it's getting on a truck/plane for here (or has already left and status just hasn't been updated).
    Just got notice that it left Louisville. I keep checking Flightaware.com to see if I can find a flight for it, but I live in Illinois so it might be coming in on semi.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,427 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by isuquinndog View Post
    Just got notice that it left Louisville. I keep checking Flightaware.com to see if I can find a flight for it, but I live in Illinois so it might be coming in on semi.
    Mine just left as well. In looking at the flights out of Louisville to my area, I'm hoping that it's on a semi since there isn't a flight until tomorrow. By truck should take 4 hours or less I think.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

I got my tracking number/confirmation number this morning! UPS shows it will be here tomorrow by end of day! Don't know who's more excited me or my daughter who will inherit my iPhone 5.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts

Hey guys,

If any of you are having an issue where Apple emailed you telling you they couldn't verify it with at&t, I would give them a call. I called them today because I was supposed to have my phone in hand today, but they said they had to process many at&t next upgrades that were placed on the first morning of preorders manually, and so many were being delayed 1-5 days. If this happened to you, they should be able to get it squared away almost immediately when you call them.

According to the CSR at Apple that I spoke with, this is a limited issue to at&t NEXT subscribers who ordered early the first day when at&t carrier systems had crashed - been overloaded.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast