Have they charged your credit card for the iPhone already?

kikazz69

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
When I first pre ordered the iPhone last Friday at 2:00 A.M Apple took the money from my bank account so my balance went down and I just checked a couple of minutes ago and all the money they took out is back? What does this mean? Did my purchase not go through? I checked the order status on the iPhone and it still says delivers 9/19 and preparing for shipment

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
In my experience, the order is actually charged when your order is shipped. So the temporary hold your bank made may have dropped off but the charge itself will come back.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Yeah. They initially put a pending charge of $1.00. This is how they verify if the card is good. Then I got fully charged for what I ordered on Sunday afternoon (I pre-ordered on Friday morning around 12:30am) and that full charge remains as pending until I pickup my phone from the Apple Store on Friday.

In the case of shipping, it will just be charged once it is shipped.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
T-Mobile usually only charges when the item ships but as of today mine is pending too..... So I'm not sure what to think. If it was only a hold charge it would've processed on Friday morning when I ordered, right?

kikazz69

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
T-Mobile usually only charges when the item ships but as of today mine is pending too..... So I'm not sure what to think. If it was only a hold charge it would've processed on Friday morning when I ordered, right?

I have no idea I ordered from the apple.com store

Bmichael78

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
My debit was charged for two 6's and showed "pending" until yesterday when the pending charge disappeared and the money was shown in my bank account again. If they only charge when it ships, I hope they ship it by tomorrow or I'm not getting it by Friday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kikazz69

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Ahh.. You're fine, they're making sure it's a valid card.

Both of us will probably get it on Friday idk I'm just becoming a little impatient it feels like anything could go wrong and cause me to not get the iPhone , I heard if you have not pre ordered the phone by now to expect it by early November, I just think that's a little crazy

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Both of us will probably get it on Friday idk I'm just becoming a little impatient it feels like anything could go wrong and cause me to not get the iPhone , I heard if you have not pre ordered the phone by now to expect it by early November, I just think that's a little crazy

It's crazy like this every year. Yet, I'm still impatient & get a bit loopy. I would hope by the end of October everything will be regulated. That's when the orders started flowing better last year.

kikazz69

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
It's crazy like this every year. Yet, I'm still impatient & get a bit loopy. I would hope by the end of October everything will be regulated. That's when the orders started flowing better last year.

This is my first pre order I think next year I'm going to go camp out or something it just sounds a bit better and more exciting haha

Lesawags

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Sprint has never charged my preorders until it is about to ship.. This is my third preorder with Sprint, it has always been the same for me. Sprint has always put my preorders as pending, after a few days it changes from pending to charged. In the past preorders for myself, this charge has appeared when the device is preparing to ship . That's what how I usually gage my device, is getting ready to ship. Lol.. It has been correct the last 2 preorders .. Lol I realized after my first preorder this was a better way to predict shipping than wait for the elusive tracking number from Sprint. Heck, for my 5 preorder, I didn't get a tracking number from Sprint until 500 am the launch delivery day! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I've been charged for the Apple Care and the tax on my Next payment plan. I'm taking that as a positive sign of delivery soon. *fingers crossed*

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Sprint has never charged my preorders until it is about to ship.. This is my third preorder with Sprint, it has always been the same for me. Sprint has always put my preorders as pending, after a few days it changes from pending to charged. In the past preorders for myself, this charge has appeared when the device is preparing to ship . That's what how I usually gage my device, is getting ready to ship. Lol.. It has been correct the last 2 preorders .. Lol I realized after my first preorder this was a better way to predict shipping than wait for the elusive tracking number from Sprint. Heck, for my 5 preorder, I didn't get a tracking number from Sprint until 500 am the launch delivery day! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well I pre-ordered on the 12th and it posted on the 15th. Their website also says they charge your account at the time of pre-order.