Have they charged your credit card for the iPhone already?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Mine says "pending" for the full amount. I assume it will go through when I get the email that tells me my phone is on the truck on its way to the store.

jonquiljo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
All of this depends on your card company (even debit) and the merchant bank used to process your payments. Usually any order or pre Oder is authorized at the first step. Even if it says $1, it has gotten authorization from the bank to submit the full charge. Most companies put the full charge amount as a "pending charge". I think they have 30 days to submit the final charge. Pending charges can disappear from your online statement in as little as 3 days. Sometimes they stay pending as long as 30. When a company decides that it is time (usually when you receive the merchandise) the pending charge goes a full charge and is put as a real debit in your card.

So if people are seeing charges disappear, they are just seeing the authorization disappear. The charge is still there, and will return when whoever you made the purchase from wants their money. In eCommerce, it is proper form to run the full charge when the customer gets their goods. Some companies jump the gun and charge you early. It's still legit.

I don't expect anyone will see their full charge appear on their statement until Friday. Maybe Thursday.

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I think it too depends on if your having your phone shipped to you as apposed to picking it up in the store. When I called Apple to verify my order they said I pay for it when I pick it up on the 19th.

techiechick

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile usually only charges when the item ships but as of today mine is pending too..... So I'm not sure what to think. If it was only a hold charge it would've processed on Friday morning when I ordered, right?

Yeah - that's what I heard and it's giving me hope!!!! I'm new to Tmobile and I'm a Jump customer. I pre-ordered Friday evening but my card didn't get charged until last night... I hope that's a good sign!?!

TechieChick

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah - that's what I heard and it's giving me hope!!!! I'm new to Tmobile and I'm a Jump customer. I pre-ordered Friday evening but my card didn't get charged until last night... I hope that's a good sign!?!

TechieChick

I believe so! They keep telling me to check my email.

swampbaby

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I never had any pending charge on my account and when I logged onto my bank account yesterday I saw that Apple withdrew the funds for the device. My order status also changed to "Preparing to ship" however I still have an estimated Oct 1st through 6th estimated delivery date. My question is if Apple was expecting to ship the phone that late...why would they withdraw the funds so early?

Devinfowlkes15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I never had any pending charge on my account and when I logged onto my bank account yesterday I saw that Apple withdrew the funds for the device. My order status also changed to "Preparing to ship" however I still have an estimated Oct 1st through 6th estimated delivery date. My question is if Apple was expecting to ship the phone that late...why would they withdraw the funds so early?

Yeah my date isn't into Oct 10-17th and apple haven't took any funds out my account

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative