AT&T STATUS UPDATES - iPhone 6 PLUS only

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Simply because I have to relearn the way I use my phone. It seems as if I am fighting my phone it seems as if I am relearning how to use my phone. It's no longer a question of my phone fitting my lifestyle its a questions of am I able to cater to my phone? I wonder how long this feeling will last.....?

Which phone did you come from?

I'm experiencing the same thing. I used to enjoy learning a new phone; maybe I consider relearning more frustrating. I'm starting to get the hang of certain things, though.

kiwiskittles852

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a question for those that have received their phone. Has anyone had problems with any kind of card with a magnetic strip not working? I'm currently in Sandusky Michigan and my card worked fine at cedar point when my phone was on my belt but it didn't work at dollar general neither debit or credit. Kept saying declined yet I have plenty of money in there. Also my hotel room keys stopped working and so did my mom's.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I have a question for those that have received their phone. Has anyone had problems with any kind of card with a magnetic strip not working? I'm currently in Sandusky Michigan and my card worked fine at cedar point when my phone was on my belt but it didn't work at dollar general neither debit or credit. Kept saying declined yet I have plenty of money in there. Also my hotel room keys stopped working and so did my mom's.

Not sure what you mean, are you suggesting your magnetic strip was scrambled due to being placed near your iphone 6+?
I have a 6 and have measured over 1000 microtesla near the speaker probably due to a neodymium magnet. It's strong but should not be enough to scramble a credit card. Hotel room keycards are definitely easier to erase but still should be safe.

Here's more information than you probably would ever need on the topic!

K&J Magnetics Blog

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
So my saga comes to an end.
I was going to add a line in a month or two for a new business I'm opening (and want a dedicated line), so I went to my local Apple Store yesterday and added a line, got a 128gb SG Plus and took all of 20 minutes. But now I am headed to AT&T to switch this plus over to my line and turn the newly added line into a voice only line with a basic phone.

I didn't cancel my order yet (still preparing to ship/in progress) because someone else on our account may want it since they are not eligible for an upgrade yet. But I may cancel it this way I have an upgrade for whatever new phone comes out next year

So far I am loving this thing. And coming from using an iPad mini daily for over a month, I love the size of the plus.

Sad that it had to happen this way because AT&T dropped the ball big time with fulfilling orders.

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
So my saga comes to an end.
I was going to add a line in a month or two for a new business I'm opening (and want a dedicated line), so I went to my local Apple Store yesterday and added a line, got a 128gb SG Plus and took all of 20 minutes.

I didn't cancel my order yet (still preparing to ship/in progress) because someone else on our account may want it since they are not eligible for an upgrade yet. But I may cancel it this way I have an upgrade for whatever new phone comes out next year

So far I am loving this thing. And coming from using an iPad mini daily for over a month, I love the size of the plus.

Sad that it had to happen this way because AT&T dropped the ball big time with fulfilling orders.

At least you finally got one. Hopefully you continue to enjoy it. I know I'm loving mine. Especially the battery life!

kiwiskittles852

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Not sure what you mean, are you suggesting your magnetic strip was scrambled due to being placed near your iphone 6+?
I have a 6 and have measured over 1000 microtesla near the speaker probably due to a neodymium magnet. It's strong but should not be enough to scramble a credit card. Hotel room keycards are definitely easier to erase but still should be safe.

Here's more information than you probably would ever need on the topic!

K&J Magnetics Blog

Turns out my bank card just got messed up for yesterday somehow. But it definitely screwed up the hotel card.

Jerry5k

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I am having a problem with battery life
iMoreAppImg_20141102_144416.jpg
Any suggestions on how to improve?
Don't know why usage is so high on Home and Lock screen.
I set BOLD type in settings. (75 years old)
Not yelling at anyone😊

kiwiskittles852

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 70330
Not yelling at anyone😊
I just checked mine and it's at 13%. Has second most below personal hotspot. Is it maybe because of apps running in the background? I can check my mom's and see how her's is as well to.

B-17 Pilot

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
So i just tried to check my status on the ATT site for my 6+ order, and it was originally "Preparing to Ship" but now it cannot find my order!??!! Has anyone experienced this?

Happened to me a time or two during the last 4 weeks. Usually you just have to input another request with your cell number, the zip code where it is being shipped, and enter the key code. You can also aenter your order # instead of your cell #. Can also call the number directly rather than a computer search!

alexmooncross

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 70330
Not yelling at anyone��

This is probably why your home/lock screen is taking up so much battery. The parallax effect (moving your phone moves the wallpaper around) uses your gyroscope and accelerometer all the time. Disable it by reading this page. Hope it helps!
[redacted]

To turn off the parallax effect, simply navigate to Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zach Harmon

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Well, [edited] lists the silver 128g 6P as 3-5 business days for shipping so I went ahead and ordered it tonight. AT&T still has it for 28-35 days so I guess we'll see...

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox