AT&T STATUS UPDATES - iPhone 6 PLUS only

kiwiskittles852

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know what happens if AT&T doesn't ship the phones out by the window provided?

Written from the mighty pen of my Samsung Galaxy Note 4!

That is what I would like to know. So far I haven't seen it happen yet. The people that has 10/13-10/22 dates got their phones a week or so early that was on here from what I know of. I'll say though I would probably cancel my order and go to Apple though. I've already decided that if mine still says back order on the 8th I'm canceling and ordering with Apple. For now. I figured I've got 1.5-3 weeks left to wait. I'm doing my best to be patient.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know what happens if AT&T doesn't ship the phones out by the window provided?

Basically all different, one person's got shipped a week and 2 days after, another just one day after. Another got their order stamped as back ordered.

So far all the ones on the "other forum" that have shipping window of 13-22 haven't seen any movement.

I personally plan to wait until next Monday, then cancel the order, and either order from Apple or wait a couple months depending on what Apple's shipping times are then.

PS: Here is what mine has said for the last 4 weeks.

41555e0a00271f8af3b9da6076083b75.jpg

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

kiwiskittles852

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Basically all different, one person's got shipped a week and 2 days after, another just one day after. Another got their order stamped as back ordered.

So far all the ones on the "other forum" that have shipping window of 13-22 haven't seen any movement.

I personally plan to wait until next Monday, then cancel the order, and either order from Apple or wait a couple months depending on what Apple's shipping times are then.

Are 3-4 weeks for the plus and last time I checked for the 6 it's 7-10 days) But depending on the phone some have actually gotten theirs in as little as a week. But atleast they are going in order.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Are 3-4 weeks. But depending on the phone some have actually gotten theirs in as little as a week. But atleast they are going in order.

Yes that's the frustrating part with AT&T, not going in order. Yesterday I stopped at the store I had ordered from and the rep calmly said he has never known AT&T to go beyond the shipping window, right!

I think they are just telling people what they want to hear.

kiwiskittles852

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes that's the frustrating part with AT&T, not going in order. Yesterday I stopped at the store I had ordered from and the rep calmly said he has never known AT&T to go beyond the shipping window, right!

I think they are just telling people what they want to hear.

Yup. Which is why I have given up now. If I still have back ordered on 11/08 I canceling and ordering with Apple. I've had my order since 9/12 (almost 7 weeks)

rustymini

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Do you all think that AT&T will allow you to cancel at this point?

They told me that if the phone hasn't shipped then I can cancel it. That's what I did.......I can't speak for everyone,but I have the NEXT option,and my eligibility came back in less than 5 minutes. I would call or go on the chat feature........it can't hurt to ask.

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
From what I've seen on AT&T's forum, the estimated shipping dates are changed to later dates.

That will be very very disappointing. I mean how hard is it to deliver a product within 8-9 weeks (9-11 weeks for some of you). I've pre-ordered and ordered A LOT of in demand products in the past, and its never ever taken this long for anything, except for products who's release date was delayed.

I was at my local Apple store last night to see if they could/would fix my iPhone 5 since its broke, and when I said I ordered my 6 plus on Sept 19, and don't have it yet and don't expect it to ship until 11/9-11/27, they couldn't believe it. Then I mentioned the spreadsheet we have here, I pulled it up and they could not believe it. They told me to have all you cancel with AT&T and order with Apple, because if we ordered TODAY it would show up on or before AT&T's 11/9-11/27 shipping window. Also, the store I was in didn't have a single 6 or 6 plus for any carrier, which is typical because he said they literally get a small box in every day, and they sell just as quick as they show up.

So since my eligibility will reset on 11/8, if I do not have any shipping info for my order by then, I will cancel and order with Apple (or try and find one in a store). I had about enough, especially since they wanted $135ish to fix my current iPhone 5...

kiwiskittles852

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
That will be very very disappointing. I mean how hard is it to deliver a product within 8-9 weeks (9-11 weeks for some of you). I've pre-ordered and ordered A LOT of in demand products in the past, and its never ever taken this long for anything, except for products who's release date was delayed.

I was at my local Apple store last night to see if they could/would fix my iPhone 5 since its broke, and when I said I ordered my 6 plus on Sept 19, and don't have it yet and don't expect it to ship until 11/9-11/27, they couldn't believe it. Then I mentioned the spreadsheet we have here, I pulled it up and they could not believe it. They told me to have all you cancel with AT&T and order with Apple, because if we ordered TODAY it would show up on or before AT&T's 11/9-11/27 shipping window. Also, the store I was in didn't have a single 6 or 6 plus for any carrier, which is typical because he said they literally get a small box in every day, and they sell just as quick as they show up.

So since my eligibility will reset on 11/8, if I do not have any shipping info for my order by then, I will cancel and order with Apple (or try and find one in a store). I had about enough, especially since they wanted $135ish to fix my current iPhone 5...

Did they really say that? What about mine?

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I am with you there. Why would AT&T wait until the end of the shipping window to make the change anyway.

Simple answer, so we do not cancel our orders and 'stick it out' so they make the sale.
The lady I spoke to yesterday via the AT&T chat kept trying to make me feel special that I was "nearing the end of my waiting process" and kept congratulating me that my phone was going to be shipping within a couple weeks, all I could do was laugh.

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Did they really say that? What about mine?

What do you mean?
We both ordered a 128gb Space Gray Plus. They said the official lead time right now is 3-4 weeks but said they know for a fact they ship them earlier than that in most cases. Even at 4 weeks, that would be right around 11/17, which is still sooner than the latest date according to AT&T. Just sucks I have to wait until 11/8 for my eligibility to reset so I can get it for the 2-year contract price. Honestly, if I could, I would cancel my AT&T order today and just order with Apple.

kiwiskittles852

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
What do you mean?
We both ordered a 128gb Space Gray Plus. They said the official lead time right now is 3-4 weeks but said they know for a fact they ship them earlier than that in most cases. Even at 4 weeks, that would be right around 11/17, which is still sooner than the latest date according to AT&T. Just sucks I have to wait until 11/8 for my eligibility to reset so I can get it for the 2-year contract price. Honestly, if I could, I would cancel my AT&T order today and just order with Apple.

Y latest is 11/11.

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Y latest is 11/11.

I still think AT&T is going to screw with us and either send it towards the end of the shipping window or delay it even longer.
I am 100% canceling my order on the 8th and going to order directly from the source, Apple (unless a miracle happens and I get shipping info by the 8th, which is highly doubtful).

kiwiskittles852

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I still think AT&T is going to screw with us and either send it towards the end of the shipping window or delay it even longer.
I am 100% canceling my order on the 8th and going to order directly from the source, Apple (unless a miracle happens and I get shipping info by the 8th, which is highly doubtful).

And the chances of getting mine either out of my time frame or getting my dates pushed back are highly more likely now then getting it in my time frame. I will be making a trip to my att store today after work and if there is still no progress I'm going to cancel it and order with Apple.

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
And the chances of getting mine either out of my time frame or getting my dates pushed back are highly more likely now then getting it in my time frame. I will be making a trip to my att store today after work and if there is still no progress I'm going to cancel it and order with Apple.

I think that is a smart idea.

On a side note, I made a new topic on the AT&T forums with our spreadsheet twice now and they keep deleting it. Looks like AT&T doesn't want that info on their forums :sarcastic:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods