AT&T STATUS UPDATES - iPhone 6 PLUS only

ksteph

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I want to thank the person who suggested going to Apple's website to check availability on the iPhone 6/6 Plus in stores near where you live.

I check last night and the Apple Store near me didn't have any 128g Gold 6+ in stock. I checked again around noon today and Apple Store near me had the phone I wanted. Pick it up an hour later and cancelled my order with AT&T. I'm a very happy girl right now!

Thank you all for making me a iPhone fan again!

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I just find this absolutely crazy that so many people's pluses are on backorder still. Do you think they prematurely released these phones? Meaning they didn't have nearly enough built to ship/sell on the release day.

On a sidenote, my friend ordered his 64gb siver on the 20th and got it yesterday

I don't think that Apple expected such a high demand for the pluses. Because it seems like they have enough of the regular 6s.

Sent from my iPad Air. Best tablet on the planet.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Ordered on 09/25. 128GB 6+ Space Grey.
Expected ship 11/04-11/13

Just got an email a few hours ago with an update. Thought it was shipped but should have known better. It was just a courtesy email letting me know they don't expect the ship date to change.

Here's an idea though. If your credit card supports notifications via text message, set it up and you will get a text when they charge it. The sales tax hold on mine (for Next) came through about five seconds after the card was swiped at the ATT store! The hold dropped off a few days later. From what I understand when they release the phone to the shipper the card is charged. So that would be my cue that it's on its way or shortly thereafter.

As far as the phones go, from what I've read is the factory is cranking out approximately 400,000 6s and 150,000 6+s per day. The six week wait time seems overkill and probably a CYA tactic to prevent people from flooding the gates with rage when their devices are LATE!

kiwiskittles852

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Ordered on 09/25. 128GB 6+ Space Grey.
Expected ship 11/04-11/13

Just got an email a few hours ago with an update. Thought it was shipped but should have known better. It was just a courtesy email letting me know they don't expect the ship date to change.

Here's an idea though. If your credit card supports notifications via text message, set it up and you will get a text when they charge it. The sales tax hold on mine (for Next) came through about five seconds after the card was swiped at the ATT store! The hold dropped off a few days later. From what I understand when they release the phone to the shipper the card is charged. So that would be my cue that it's on its way or shortly thereafter.

As far as the phones go, from what I've read is the factory is cranking out approximately 400,000 6s and 150,000 6+s per day. The six week wait time seems overkill and probably a CYA tactic to prevent people from flooding the gates with rage when their devices are LATE!

You had that to?!?! So I'm not alone! But I did two phones and the $51 for the first didn't go through until it was activated.

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I just read this article and I'm shocked that they would say that they are in full production and there are no supply and demand problems! Really? Because I ordered the first day and still don't have my phone in my hand.

With iPhone 6 approved in China, Apple suppliers ready for demand

That is comical.
I say they have a pretty big supply/demand problem in the USA with the plus. What's funny is they are set to launch in china on Oct 17, they better fulfill all our outstanding orders before fulfilling the new release orders but I bet I still won't have my phone till mid November