For those lining up on Friday.......

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
What time is everyone going to start lining up? What's a good time to get there.......besides now?

Depends on the store and the launch day traffic expected. Most responses I've read on this forum seem to think 12 hours early or so will be a safe bet, but really, no one knows until they get there (and when the in store supply runs out).

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
One of the Apple stores in Atlanta had people start lining up on Sunday...if that tells you anything. Major metropolitan areas are going to have longer wait times...popular retail stores are going to have longer wait times. Lots of variables as to when the "best" time to line up is.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I aim for the smallest store in my area and that allots me a little bit more time. Last year I went at 5:25am and I was second in line. This year I'm going earlier. I had initially planned to go at about 5am, but now I'm thinking more like 4:15am so I can positively be first.

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I aim for the smallest store in my area and that allots me a little bit more time. Last year I went at 5:25am and I was second in line. This year I'm going earlier. I had initially planned to go at about 5am, but now I'm thinking more like 4:15am so I can positively be first.

Since the online pre-order was a massive hit, I would maybe get there earlier as this is definitely a much bigger hit/more popular than the 5S was at release.

Big Dookie

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I've got two Apple stores on my side of the city (Houston). I plan on going out Thursday night to both of them and see if a line has begun to form yet. If not, I'll go get a few hours of sleep and head back out around 3:00 - 4:00 AM. If a line is there already though, I'll heave a deep sigh, take my place in line, and settle in for a long night.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to try to get in line at Verizon around 6 am. Hopefully that will be good enough since there are 3 Apple stores in Pittsburgh. Attempting to fly under the radar and go to a small store. We'll see how I do.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
My closest Verizon store isn't very busy. I'll be there when they open. Hoping that since there are two big apple stores just another 1/2 hr from there that a majority head that way. Me, not happening, I hate apple stores on launch day.

xoxojess

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I have two different Verizon stores I'm scoping out. One I went to for the 5s launch and it was a nightmare so I can only imagine how Friday will be. Regardless, I will probably be going around 1:30AM. In my head, that's plenty of time but you never really know. I'm thinking about riding by the store on my way home from work Thursday afternoon.. if there is already a line, I will probably change my plan.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I have two different Verizon stores I'm scoping out. One I went to for the 5s launch and it was a nightmare so I can only imagine how Friday will be. Regardless, I will probably be going around 1:30AM. In my head, that's plenty of time but you never really know. I'm thinking about riding by the store on my way home from work Thursday afternoon.. if there is already a line, I will probably change my plan.

I'm not sure if I'm just ignorant to iPhone launch days or just never paid attention. The last time I bought an iPhone on launch was the 4S and literally no one was at the Verizon store (the person in front of me broke their flip phone and needed a replacement). I'm anxious to see what Friday is going to be like. If I can score my 6+ awesome, if not I'll go home and order from the Verizon site. I guess it's really a win-win situation (now I just need to keep that frame of mind if I strike out on Friday haha).

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering. Will they limit the number of devices each person can buy? If they don't have limitation, the first ten persons will probably buy up all the inventory and then sell them at eBay.

xoxojess

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering. Will they limit the number of devices each person can buy? If they don't have limitation, the first ten persons will probably buy up all the inventory and then sell them at eBay.

I want to say that yes, there are limitations on how much devices each person can buy. What that number is, I'm not sure.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

That will probably depend on the store you purchase from. In the past, various stores did limit the number of iPhones a customer could purchase on release day to give more people a chance to get one, but you'll have to call the store(s) to see if they're going to do that again this time around.

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site
My closest place to buy one (AT&T) is 90 miles away from my home. I always head out Thursday night after work and camp out. Last year during the 5s launch, nobody showed up until around 4:30 A.M. Better safe than sorry since I have to drive that far.

xoxojess

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
My closest place to buy one (AT&T) is 90 miles away from my home. I always head out Thursday night after work and camp out. Last year during the 5s launch, nobody showed up until around 4:30 A.M. Better safe than sorry since I have to drive that far.

Goodness bigdad.. You must live in a smaller town somewhere to have to drive that far to an AT&T. I hope you get what you're after! ;)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods