For those lining up on Friday.......

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I was going to pre-order but honestly forgot until a few hours after it started so I was either stuck waiting or going in store. Long story short I went to sprint for the 5s got there around 4:30-5, I was the first person there but it was for nothing because they didn't have the phone I wanted and they were forcing you to buy $300 worth of accessories or they wouldn't let you purchase the phone (so word of advice for those in Las Vegas planning on going directly to Sprint, the 5 2 stores did this and last year a lot more of them did it, great way for them to make more commission). I was going to go home but a few hours later wound up at an apple store at like 10:30 am they had all sizes/carriers in space grey and 1 white/silver left and it happened to be for sprint so I took that. We were also limited to 1 phone per person at the Apple store. I plan on going at around 4 this year, I am not set on a color and if I was I am leaning more towards the space grey anyway, I also think that we get more supply due to the tourist traffic/sales and that we have 3 apple stores within like 5-6 miles of each other. I'm also hoping it won't be as bad or just about the same as last year because of all the people that preordered this year that didn't have the option last year.

Apologik

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
FYI, I was planning to scope out my local Verizon store because I'd had good success in the past coming at around 6am but at least the one I called in Fort Worth said they will not have any 6 plus, only the 6. I hope that's not true for the Verizon stores you guys may be planning to hit, but you might call and find out. Who knows, perhaps I was given bad info, but I called back and asked another rep at that store who told me the same thing.

xandrik

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I was going to pre-order but honestly forgot until a few hours after it started so I was either stuck waiting or going in store. Long story short I went to sprint for the 5s got there around 4:30-5, I was the first person there but it was for nothing because they didn't have the phone I wanted and they were forcing you to buy $300 worth of accessories or they wouldn't let you purchase the phone (so word of advice for those in Las Vegas planning on going directly to Sprint, the 5 2 stores did this and last year a lot more of them did it, great way for them to make more commission). I was going to go home but a few hours later wound up at an apple store at like 10:30 am they had all sizes/carriers in space grey and 1 white/silver left and it happened to be for sprint so I took that. We were also limited to 1 phone per person at the Apple store. I plan on going at around 4 this year, I am not set on a color and if I was I am leaning more towards the space grey anyway, I also think that we get more supply due to the tourist traffic/sales and that we have 3 apple stores within like 5-6 miles of each other. I'm also hoping it won't be as bad or just about the same as last year because of all the people that preordered this year that didn't have the option last year.

That's crazy. I would have reported that store to Apple, they're not supposed to force accessory sales.

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
That's crazy. I would have reported that store to Apple, they're not supposed to force accessory sales.

It wasn't Apple, it was Sprint. I did call and complain. The employees that day when they got there at like 7 said 100% they had no gold but they did have white/silver so I waited the additional hour for them to open. When they opened the doors all of a sudden they only had 16gb space grey and my main reason for wanting the 5s was because I was tired of black color. The year prior 1 store did that and I guess the dm thought it was such a bright idea that they let others do it too. It makes sense for them because the sales associates make more commission and it boosts company sales but from a customer standpoint it is just wrong and shady.

xandrik

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I understand the miscommunication on my part. I was referring to sprint. That sprint shouldn't have forced toy to buy accessories; and to tell apple about it.

VagrantHarmonist

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
So just wondering (I'm currently in line) if I'm here to upgrade to an AT&T next plan and I happen to score a 6+ device will I have any issues? Thanks in advance ^.^

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
According to the Apple Store near me, they aren't even letting people lineup until 6am Friday. Probably because it's in a outdoor mall and they can't have people just loitering for 12 hours while it's closed.

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
According to the Apple Store near me, they aren't even letting people lineup until 6am Friday. Probably because it's in a outdoor mall and they can't have people just loitering for 12 hours while it's closed.

Same thing in the bay area in Emeryville, CA. They're not letting anyone line up til' 6am so I'll head there in the morning. I'm still thinking of going to Sprint stores in my area but I don't know if there is a line or what. Didn't get to check =(

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Same thing in the bay area in Emeryville, CA. They're not letting anyone line up til' 6am so I'll head there in the morning. I'm still thinking of going to Sprint stores in my area but I don't know if there is a line or what. Didn't get to check =(

I'm trying to figure out a strategy to still try and be early in line. Maybe try to get to the parking lot at like 5:40? I'm hoping with preorders being so high that everyone just did that and I'll be able to snag a in store stock one.

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out a strategy to still try and be early in line. Maybe try to get to the parking lot at like 5:40? I'm hoping with preorders being so high that everyone just did that and I'll be able to snag a in store stock one.

My thoughts exactly! Can't even preorder and pick up in any of the bay area apple stores! all unavailable! Well, good luck to both of us lol :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh