Has anyone contacted their Verizon store asking 6+ availability Fri?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I called my Verizon corporate store and was told the 6+ is on back order and won't be available on Friday. This is questionable but highly discouraging if true. Curious if anyone else has inquired?

rion_j

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I called my local Verizon store yesterday, and they don't know what they will have in stock and recommended to order online.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Most don't know until they get their stock. But it does look like the 6+ will be very difficult to get as a walk in on the 19th. Especially for stores other than Apple. Good luck.

rion_j

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Agreed, stock will be limited. I was going to camp for a few hours but I think I'll stick with my online order and wait it out a few weeks for delivery. Plus, I like receiving new devices in the mail and opening the package on my own rather than a Verizon store rep opening and activating my device. Hate that!

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I called them and also got that they are back ordered. Being on a business account it's rough because you have to go through them.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I called mine this morning and the rep said they weren't expecting many outside of preorders. She of course couldn't tell me exact numbers but she did say there was a small chance I could pick one up and she would make sure if one did come to hold it for at least an hour for me to get there. I'm still going at opening time and trying my luck. If all else fails I'll check out bestbuy and radioshack as I head home.

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I called my local Verizon store yesterday, and they don't know what they will have in stock and recommended to order online..........

In my experience, the first part of this statement is true for much more than questions than just questions about the iPhone 6+.

xoxojess

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, who really knows? I was in Verizon yesterday handling an unrelated issue when I overheard a rep talking to another customer. His exact words.. "We will DEFINITELY have all models on Friday, we just aren't sure how many." I just smiled and shook my head. :cant-watch:

It's best to never get your hopes up too much with launch day. There's always a chance you can get exactly what you want. Then again, there's also a chance you won't.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking about tying to stop by a couple local Verizon stores tonight/tomorrow to ask if they will have inventory of the 6+ on Friday. I'll report back with whatever I hear.

I feel like all stores should have some sort of inventory. Just because the preorders sold out they should have a separate stock of iPhones for retail locations.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I for the life of me cannot remember the situation at my Verizon store last year in terms of the gold. I wasn't there for the gold 5S so I didn't pay much attention, but, I want to say they only had 16GB versions and not 32GB or 64GB.

After asking a friend, I am going to wait at an Apple store instead. I just have this sketchy feeling that Verizon stores may not get the 6+.

xandrik

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I used to work at best buy. They typically know what's coming on the next truck. However for Apple products and hot items (new playstations, xbox) they aren't told. They just get a FedEx shipment and they get what they get.

That may have changed. Haven't worked there since 2005.

Good luck everyone!

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I for the life of me cannot remember the situation at my Verizon store last year in terms of the gold. I wasn't there for the gold 5S so I didn't pay much attention, but, I want to say they only had 16GB versions and not 32GB or 64GB.

After asking a friend, I am going to wait at an Apple store instead. I just have this sketchy feeling that Verizon stores may not get the 6+.

I have that feeling as well, and I don't like it. My nearest Apple store is nearly two hours away, though, so there's no way I'm going that far to potentially get nothing. I'll just have to try my luck at Verizon and pray for the best.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I can't fault you in that. Apple Stores are the ones who are getting plenty of inventory.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, who really knows? I was in Verizon yesterday handling an unrelated issue when I overheard a rep talking to another customer. His exact words.. "We will DEFINITELY have all models on Friday, we just aren't sure how many." I just smiled and shook my head. :cant-watch:

It's best to never get your hopes up too much with launch day. There's always a chance you can get exactly what you want. Then again, there's also a chance you won't.

Local stores typically don't know what's coming. Even if they know, they are not going to tell you.

Exactly I worked in retail at GameStop for 6 years and whenever someone asked how many of blah item we had or were getting in I would tell them we have enough or will be getting plenty. Now it's not that I didn't know how many we were getting I was a store Manager and of course I knew even my part time associates knew it's that we can't give out that information due to loss prevention. So I'm assuming these Verizon associates know but they're not going to tell you how many they have.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh