How scratch resistant will the iphone 6 plus screen be?

stevendrnll

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
So before the iPhone announcement the rumor was a sapphire crystal display. MKBHD even had an "iPhone 6 display" video showing how scratch resistant the iPhone 6 display was and it had me sold. Now it is said to come with Gorilla glass just how scratch resistant will this stuff be?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Logic would say that the screen will be just as, if not more, scratch resistant than previous models...which were VERY scratch resistant. That said, nothing proves this better than real world experience...which is impossible to report on yet.

Pete Sake

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
As we all no, Apple stated nothing about the iP6/6P having a sapphire screen, Im sure that was only for the Apple Watch this time around, but I'm sure the 6S will offer a Sapphire screen LOL. I was honestly hoping for LightField Technology in the Camera ever since Apple patented Light Field Tech and had a Meeting with Lytro...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The display on my iPhone 5, the 4S before that, and the 3G before that did not contain any scratches and that's after having dropped them a few times. Furthermore, I don't protect my iPhones in a case so having said that, I'd say the HD display on the iPhone 6 & 6 Plus will be scratch resistant within reason....:)

Realitista

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Lucky you. I've never had an iPhone that didn't have deep scratches on the screen from even just a couple weeks of using it without a screen protector. I hope that changes in the jump from 4s to 6.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I got a glass screen protector to avoid these issues.

I have Zagg Glass on my 5S & my GS5 & love it. So I decided to get it for my 6+ & I hate it. It doesn't fit the screen like it does on the other devices but because of the size of the phone I'm scared I'll drop it. I guess I'll keep it on until I get use to the size, then it's definitely coming off.

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I have Zagg Glass on my 5S & my GS5 & love it. So I decided to get it for my 6+ & I hate it. It doesn't fit the screen like it does on the other devices but because of the size of the phone I'm scared I'll drop it. I guess I'll keep it on until I get use to the size, then it's definitely coming off.

It doesn't bother me because I didn't want my case to touch it out of fear that the glass could crack from my case.

I already had to have my Zagg replaced because the guy who put it on cracked it.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure the iPhone 6/6plus screens will be just as scratch resistant as previous iPhones. I've never used screen protectors and never had a scratch.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't bother me because I didn't want my case to touch it out of fear that the glass could crack from my case.

I already had to have my Zagg replaced because the guy who put it on cracked it.

I'm a bit OCD & lint has been getting in the space between the case & the screen protector. It drives me nuts that I have to clean it out every few moments...I know, crazy people problems LOL

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I thought about the Zagg glass but wasn't sure how it fit the curved edges of the screen or if it interfered with the swipe to go back gesture.

It definitely doesn't interfere with any of the gestures. I just don't like the gap between the case & the screen.

2y6y5a3e.jpg

planoman

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site

Probably because the screen starts to curve downward to meet the bezel so they had to make it smaller to allow for that. I think it looks fine and nothing like a glass protector to feel like the screen!

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Be aware of the Spigen screen protectors, got one for my wife's iPhone 6 and it's way too small for the screen, I know the screen is different but this one just leaves lots of room exposed,
I'm going with no screen protector on my 6 plus for now though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl