• NO, it's just right!

Votes: 25 46.3%
  • MEH, I'm not sure yet...

Votes: 20 37.0%

• Total voters

Art H

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I initially wanted the regular 6 since I have an iPad air and tend to take many trips and do a lot of exploration. Having a giant device can get in the way of this. However when the specs were shown it was clear to me that the 6+ will have more staying power due to the scree resolution, battery life and camera. I would imagine at some point they may update the 6 to similar specs??? Can someone say iPhone 6S? Anyway I just did not want to be so far below the curve. Of course I may live to regret this decisions....

BobLobIaw

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
The screen size is perfect. 5.5"-5.7" is the sweet spot IMO. The bezel is unfortunately too big and I think that will direct some users to the iPhone 6 and will limit the users switching from Android phones in the phablet size range.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
The size is perfect for me as I used to have a note 3 and didn't find it obtrusive. I'm still undecided on if I am going to get it though because my phone plan will raise by about 45 dollars a month (for a worse plan). But IMO its a great size for reading books, texting, and maybe gaming if you're into that.

hcmci06

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Received the case for my wife's Iphone 6 today and seeing how little difference there is in size compared to my 5s I am thrilled I preordered the 6+.

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm so happy Apple made the 6 Plus, it's definitely big, but i love it and I'm glad I got it :)
Will go nicely with my iPad Air :)

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I can guarantee it will be just like when apple introduced the gold iPhone and everyone went eeeewww gross, but when they became available everyone was like OMG! I can't find one. Now come the 19th all the naysayers are gonna be like OMG! I can't find a 6+ ...

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I believe that they should have reduced the bezels considerably. The 6+ is bigger than a Note 4, although the 6+ has a smaller screen.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
It's slightly wider than the note 3 or and taller.... if so, then it may be too big for my liking, but I still want it.

Justin Beatty

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Had to go with the "Not sure yet" option. I really like the size of the s5 and wish that Apple had gone that route, but if they had gone to a 5.1 from the 3.5, I probably would have thought it was too big. Time will only tell.

awtryau89

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
I believe that they should have reduced the bezels considerably. The 6+ is bigger than a Note 4, although the 6+ has a smaller screen.

That's what the iPhone 7 will be. Its the Apple circle of life.

Seriously though, I went the Android route this pat year with the HTC One M7. It still is the best all around Android phone I have ever owned and just happens to be nearly the exact same dimensions as the 6. I lusted after a larger screen and then went to the GS5. I liked the bigger screen but the build and UI just couldn't;t hack it for me. From there I went to a LG G3. This was nearly a great device. Had they made that phone a 1080p and reduced the lag, it would have been great. The form factor for a 5.5" screen is what I hoped for from Apple. Finally during this same time, I got an invite from the OnePlus folks and ordered their 5.5" phone. From the day I got it I struggle with its size and ultimately sold it and went back to the G3. When I was able to compare dimensions of the 6+ and the OnePlus and saw the 6+ was taller and as wide, I knew then and there I would have to stick with the 6. The kicker for me was going into an AT&T store and holding the Note 3 and then the 6+ cases they had. I really really want the larger screen and better battery but I just cannot make the leap to a phone that large. I guess I will use my iPad Air more.

rnd0209

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
DAMMMMMMMMMMN this phone is BIG! IPhone 6 plus apple leather case next to an iPad air in an apple leather case.

I took the case out and I have to say it fits in the hand nicely. Its not edgy like the galaxy note 3 cases.

I'm going to love this phone!!

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Attachments

• 3249.jpg
    3249.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 71

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
DAMMMMMMMMMMN this phone is BIG! IPhone 6 plus apple leather case next to an iPad air in an apple leather case.

I took the case out and I have to say it fits in the hand nicely. Its not edgy like the galaxy note 3 cases.

I'm going to love this phone!!

The picture that made me laugh out loud at the massive-ness of the phone is one of a cardboard cut-out 6+ with a 5S sitting on top of it. The phone is ludicrously big.

I'm excited. Wasn't sure if I'd want a phablet but I think it'll be just fine.

Sent from my gracefully aging iPad 2 using Tapatalk

rnd0209

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
The picture that made me laugh out loud at the massive-ness of the phone is one of a cardboard cut-out 6+ with a 5S sitting on top of it. The phone is ludicrously big.

I'm excited. Wasn't sure if I'd want a phablet but I think it'll be just fine.

Sent from my gracefully aging iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Yeah me too. Had a note 3 and I liked the size just hated the hardware and laggggg of the android touchwiz OS.

I always said the perfect phone (to me) is an iPhablet. This be it!

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
found these on a review
iPhone_6_Note-3-630.jpg
iphone 6+ vs Galaxy Note. Iphone a bit bigger.
iPhone_6_family-7-630.jpg
Iphone family picture
6+,6, 5s, 4s

I'll be going from a 4s to a 6 whenever i decide to buy one so that's plenty of screen size for me.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I had to answer Too Big but that's only after thinking what it would be like with an Otterbox case. After much flip flopping, I went for the iPhone 6 for that reason alone, really. I dropped my SGIII and shattered the screen on *the one day* that I carried it without a case. Had the phone for three years and *ON ONE DAY* that I carried it without a case I drop it and shatter the screen. So, I will never absolutely never carry my iPhone without an Otterbox.

By the time I put a case on it, the 5.5 device will be ginormous.

That's the reason I personally went for the iPhone 6. However, not everyone has my small hands and not everyone will absolutely and without question carry the device in an Otterbox. So my answer is specific to me and my use case.

rnd0209

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
IPhone 5c with case and iPhone 6 plus apple leather case.

Attachments

• 3252.jpg
    3252.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 3251.jpg
    3251.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 47