I've heard about the first iphones having issues

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I've heard about the first iphones to be shipped always have issues. Im worried... i don't want to get a lemon lol. i remember i pre ordered the iphone 4, and it was good.... but I've heard that the first orders are always lemons.

Have u had a bad experiences about this?

I ask because thats what the att guy told me the other day, he said to buy in 2 months... i just can't wait that long!!!!! im using an iphone 4 bc i lost the iphone 5 a few months ago for being drunk. even tho i pre ordered the iphone+ at 3:30am on friday from the apple store app.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's a consumer electronic product sold by the hundreds of millions...of course there are going to be reports of issues and bad devices. As the old saying goes "When you're doing something right, sometimes people won't think you're doing anything at all.", and it goes towards the fact that you won't read headlines about how the new iPhone works flawlessly for a vast majority of owners, you'll only read headlines from those who do end up having issues.

I can say, without hesitation, that every iPhone that I have owned to this point has worked fantastically and I have yet to have one that had issues with the device itself and have bought one, on launch day, since the very first iPhone in 2007.

iOS will have bugs, sometimes stretching all the way until the next iOS release, but these are generally spectrum wide regardless of device, people just like to associate them specifically with the most recent so they can create a story about it.

Much of what you hear about are people who take very isolated and uncommon stories and turn them into "MAJOR ISSUE!" sensationalist blog entries.

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
There is a possibility of that happening and apple then recognising deformities on the new model and then correcting them on the later batches (Such as the scratch gate in the iPhone 5 black model) However, I'm sure that production quality and assurance has developed over the years at Foxconn plus warranty will cover any defects. So I would just go for it without any hesitations.

mnicole03

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I actually did experience the "lemon" issue with my iphone 5 lol. i got it on release day and it had the battery issue along with the sleep/wake button issue yet some people i know that bought the iphone 5 later on didn't experience those problems

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I actually had the sleep/wake button issue as well...but not until about 2 months before the 5S came out, and they replaced it within a few minutes at the Apple store without an appointment.

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I actually did experience the "lemon" issue with my iphone 5 lol. i got it on release day and it had the battery issue along with the sleep/wake button issue yet some people i know that bought the iphone 5 later on didn't experience those problems

Lol. I'm so worried. Even if I get a lemon, would they give me a new iphone and not a refurbished one? Cuz that would bug me

metacuate

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Lol. I'm so worried. Even if I get a lemon, would they give me a new iphone and not a refurbished one? Cuz that would bug me

I've always received new phones as a replacement, but Apple refurbished products are the same as new (I've bought all my iPads refurbished, all perfect).

Posted via iMore App

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I bought my iPhone 5 about two weeks after they came out, it was the only one left in the store from the initial shipment (bought it at a best buy). It had a wifi issue in that it wouldn't stay connected. Took it to an apple store and they handed me a new one, didn't even require apple care or anything because it was within the first week or so after I bought it.

I figure if there is a problem, you'll know fast enough that you can get it corrected or replaced within that initial window.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I've always bought right at launch day, all the way back to the first iPhone in 2007 and have never had any issues with mine at all. I also know quite a few people who have done the same and they haven't experienced any issues either. The only Apple device I had issues with was my iPad 2 and that was after about four months of ownership. I took it to an Apple Store and they provided me with a brand new one in a sealed box within five minutes of looking at my broken one.

As SeanHRCC rightly said above, there are tens upon tens of millions of devices coming off the factory line in the first few days and there will ALWAYS be a few devices that aren't right. Every manufacturer of everything ever experiences the same. Samsung has it, HTC has it, LG and Motorola have it... and so does Apple. Look at the product recalls that many of the major auto manufacturers have to do on a yearly basis too. It is part of life.

If you go through life expecting the worst, you will receive the worst. Here's my tip: Go through life expecting the best and you will receive the best.

Only this morning, I lost my iPhone 6 order as the company I bought it from went into Administration at midnight yesterday. This means I lost my deposit and will not get my iPhone on Friday. I could have sat about and whined or I could have done something about it. So I did something about it. I ordered through another company and will get my phone on Friday. Yes, i'm out of pocket by a few hundred pounds but at the end of the day, it's only money, and I feel confident i'll get it back.

armoko

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I think better to get it after couple weeks, two months is a really huge time. But actually any phone can have some issues it doesn't matter when you got it.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Even if you get a lemon, what's there to worry about? Apple will exchange that sucker for you.

Heisenberg, I crack up in my head everytime I read something you post because I can't help but look at your pic and think of how it would sound if Sherman was screaming it the way he did after the Super Bowl! Ha

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Yeah but you'll have Apple care with the phone so it shouldn't matter.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
If you don't want a lemon then don't get a Blackberry. They have been going downhill since the Pearl. I had a replacement Tour 1 with a trackball issue that should not have been mailed to me. Everytime you used it or moved the phone the ball would drop. I went to the iPhone 4s, got the 5s on release day(had issues from other stuff). My 5s has been working. Also if you have low signal strength - it will most definitely drain the battery by searching for a signal.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I've heard about the first iphones to be shipped always have issues. Im worried... i don't want to get a lemon lol. i remember i pre ordered the iphone 4, and it was good.... but I've heard that the first orders are always lemons.

Have u had a bad experiences about this?

I ask because thats what the att guy told me the other day, he said to buy in 2 months... i just can't wait that long!!!!! im using an iphone 4 bc i lost the iphone 5 a few months ago for being drunk. even tho i pre ordered the iphone+ at 3:30am on friday from the apple store app.
O_Rly.jpg

I will wait until next September then.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Initially they'll be replaced with new units because of the demand...but after a while you'll almost certainly get a refurb if your service calls for a new device (they're starting to do lots of repairs in house now so many times, there's a good chance you'll actually get your own device back repaired). Refurbs are indistinguishable from new devices...so the irritation with such a thing is all mental, the device itself is actually probably MORE pre-tested than the new one you get originally. From what I understand, the refurb process is pretty intense and essentially replaces most parts with new ones.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2