Settle an argument, please

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
No, that would be way too expensive: When I got my free Q10, it had to be with a 2 year contract... Back in May. I shudder at the thought of what it would cost me to get an iPhone off contract.

I'll show ya my thousand dollar receipt next Friday lol. Hurts even typing that.

luckydwg

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
No, that would be way too expensive: When I got my free Q10, it had to be with a 2 year contract... Back in May. I shudder at the thought of what it would cost me to get an iPhone off contract.

Its called swappa sell ur q10 to make up the difference for the iPhone.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
As the OP has often stated, he prefers his Q10. I don't think he will be switching.

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s until my iPhone 6 128G Gold arrives

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
The OP is a SHE. ;)

And it's true, I love my Q10. I also find that not having my phone connected is a huge pain, sometimes. I've had pretty bad luck in the past, with iPhones, though when they work, they are really easy. I think I should stay in money saving mode LOL.

essay2u

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
So... You guys really think Apple Pay is going to take off and be the mainstream way to pay for stuff? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm curious because my understanding of this is infantile, at best.

I think it depends on merchants. Kinda like only having an AmEx card and then realizing you can't actually use it everywhere. Same thing with Square IMHO. That said, I was skeptical at first and now I'm hopeful. But realistic:)

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
2 very diff devices. Anyone who's used bb10 will tell you it does not re boot like old bbos.
If you value using a keyboard to type like my wife then stick with the q10.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
No, no joke. I've had the worst luck with phones and at the moment, save for a couple of issues that stem from not having all my devices connected, I'm quite pleased with my Q10.

Seems like you have no reason to switch to iPhone then. Like my wife. She uses her device as a communication tool with bbm, text emails as well as social medial Facebook and such. She has no urge to switch to iPhone.
However I can't wait for my ip6+

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
The OP is a SHE. ;)

And it's true, I love my Q10. I also find that not having my phone connected is a huge pain, sometimes. I've had pretty bad luck in the past, with iPhones, though when they work, they are really easy. I think I should stay in money saving mode LOL.

Apologies. I thought I'd heard you say otherwise. No harm intended.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I think that choices of phones/platforms are all a matter of personal taste and need. I liked my BlackBerry devices when I had them, but I was mainly using them for communication (emails, texts). Syncing my calendar, contacts, tasks, etc. was a royal pain as we did not have a BES server. If we had one of those, it would have been near perfect at the time. But my needs changed. I use my device not only for communication (and really, less so these days), but I want to watch movies, listen to music that I purchased through iTunes, browse the web, etc. At the time I switched, BB wasn't really good at those. It may be better now; I don't know. But I'm pretty well invested in the Apple ecosystem, so the iPhone makes sense for me. For those people who are invested in Google services (gmail, Google Docs, etc.), an Android might make more sense. BB remains an excellent device for communication. The physical keyboards are second to none. My needs changed, and so my device choice changed. Everyone is different, and everyone will have their own choice as to what they think works best for them.

mmcfly23

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
To echo many of the previous posters, top notch support (from Apple as well as 3rd party developers). My z/10 experience left me with a bad taste in my mouth regarding blackberry as company and their inability to get things right. Headless api's were non-existent, the camera on the z10 was mediocre, battery life was horrible, not to mention bb world was/still full of trash apps. With that being said, I did enjoy the keyboard as well as the hub. From consumer/professional pov I see no point (at this time) of purchasing a blackberry device.

Sent From ipizzle using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
To echo many of the previous posters, top notch support (from Apple as well as 3rd party developers). My z/10 experience left me with a bad taste in my mouth regarding blackberry as company and their inability to get things right. Headless api's were non-existent, the camera on the z10 was mediocre, battery life was horrible, not to mention bb world was/still full of trash apps. With that being said, I did enjoy the keyboard as well as the hub. From consumer/professional pov I see no point (at this time) of purchasing a blackberry device.

Sent From ipizzle using Tapatalk

I put up with bricking and nuking devices and shoddy manufacturing such as off center trackpads. The thing that killed it for me, as much as I DO LOVE BB10 and my Q10, was the abandonment of native app development and the reliance on grabbing APKs to install Android apps. W H Y in all that is holy would I choose one platform and load it up with unsupported unoptimised apps from another?

That was the end for me. I actually got some Amazon apps to test that solution. Out of ten apps I loaded seven either did not run properly or not at all or were unusable.

I get a phone so that the phone works for me, not for me to find workarounds to mitigate deficiencies, such grabbing other platforms' apps without the consent and support of the developers.

BlackBerry turned its back on the consumer market. As a consumer, I feel no loyalty to a company that hasn't got or won't support what I want.

The day Apple pulls that kind of shenanigans I will leave Apple. Somehow I don't think that's likely to happen anytime soon.

Last edited:

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
IPhones are for those who want no hassle at all, I may be wrong but that's what I think first with Apple...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I have had two Android phones and one Android tablet. After I gave up on my Android tablet for the iPad, I cannot be happier even though I basically lost $750 that I paid for the Android tablet and coughed out another $750 for the iPad. The iOS UI is so much cleaner and smoother. I am a firm believer of "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication".

Although my ecosystem is primarily on Google......Gmail, Google Drive and so on, I have found that many of the Google application are actually working better on iOS than on Android. Besides, I have a big investment on iTune and naturally, it works better in iOS devices (yes, I know your can play iTune music on Android devices, but not a straight forward task).

My other family members have iPhone 5 and provide me good comparison. That's why this time when I am eligible for upgrade on my phone, I have decided to order the iPhone 6+ to replace my Samsung Galaxy S phone and say goodbye to Android.

Mobile device is a very personal thing. You should make your choice based on your personal preference, personal taste, and your ecosystem. :)

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Your friend will actually be able to buy phone accessories, High quality apps, and won't have to listen to people asking "wtf is that?".
You can continue using the 2015 equivalent of this ...
Nokia_6160.jpg

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Me too. Memories of how exciting it was to get calls in the middle of the supermarket.