Question About September 19

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Before I get my hopes up what are the chances of me walking into T-Mobile and purchasing a iPhone 6 plus on release day ? I fell asleep during the pre orders lol.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Consider a few things...

- Carrier stores will have a far more limited stock than Apple stores will.
- Carrier stores may not have every variation of new iPhone (color or capacity)
- Carrier stores may not get any iPhones at all
- People WILL be camping out before the stores open...may be 1...may be 1,000

...if you want a guarantee, you'll need to get there early. How early? Who knows. There are people already camping out in front of one of our Apple stores here in Atlanta right now (if that gives you a gauge at all at how nuts the 19th will be).

Bottom line, if you want my honest opinion on whether you could get up on the 19th and stroll into your local Tmobile store to get an iPhone 6 Plus, my answer would be slim to none.

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Consider a few things...

...if you want a guarantee, you'll need to get there early. How early? Who knows. There are people already camping out in front of one of our Apple stores here in Atlanta right now (if that gives you a gauge at all at how nuts the 19th will be).

Bottom line, if you want my honest opinion on whether you could get up on the 19th and stroll into your local Tmobile store to get an iPhone 6 Plus, my answer would be slim to none.
Better slim than none. Hopefully I can get one thanks for the information.

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I also heard and seen on tmobile website that if you're a jump customer and order by tomorrow you get priority over everyone else on your iPhone 6 order

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Consider a few things...

I can agree with points 1, 2 and 4 but not point 3. Carrier stores WILL get some iphone 6 & 6 Plus but pts 1, 2 & 4 will make it a challenge. Apple always gives themselves preferential treatment when it comes to stock which is an unfair advantage to their "authorized" partners who have to pay up big money to be one.

I will hit up the local AT&T store on the 19th and if they don't have any I ask them to check other stores, if they don't then I will just order from them or Verizon (where I am today) and go from there. I won't stand in line all day at the mall at the apple store only to NOT get anything after hours and hours of waiting.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
And don't forget that T-Mobile is stocking ONLY 16 GB models. No 64 or 128 at the T-Mo stores unfortunately.

T-Mobile, the NON-Carrier. First they said they would have an S5 32GB and that didn't happen and now the stores won't have anything above 16GB. Another reason to skip them, other than the lack of coverage in my market.

rgood0810

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Consider a few things...

I'm in Atlanta too we'll dunwoody....but I wanted to go to an apple store...on the 19th is it even worth it?

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I can agree with points 1, 2 and 4 but not point 3. Carrier stores WILL get some iphone 6 & 6 Plus but pts 1, 2 & 4 will make it a challenge. Apple always gives themselves preferential treatment when it comes to stock which is an unfair advantage to their "authorized" partners who have to pay up big money to be one.

I will hit up the local AT&T store on the 19th and if they don't have any I ask them to check other stores, if they don't then I will just order from them or Verizon (where I am today) and go from there. I won't stand in line all day at the mall at the apple store only to NOT get anything after hours and hours of waiting.
More than likely Ill be heading to Verizon. Hopefully they have some in stock.

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
My experience with the 5 was that I couldn't actually find one until around 2 weeks or so after launch and had to drive around 50 miles for it (at a Best Buy Mobile location, actually). You MAY get lucky and be able to find one on Friday if you want to go for giggles but if the current shipment windows for pre-orders are any indication (I'm seeing 4-6 weeks for Sprint)... there will be some in store on launch day there may be wicked lines. Your mileage may definitely vary depending on your location and carrier footprint.

xoxojess

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
There are people already camping out in front of one of our Apple stores here in Atlanta right now (if that gives you a gauge at all at how nuts the 19th will be).

Are you serious Sean? Which store? I'm in Atlanta too but usually chance going to a Verizon store on launch.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Are you serious Sean? Which store? I'm in Atlanta too but usually chance going to a Verizon store on launch.

Lenox. People have a little area reserved for them right now on one of the sides of the mall...Fox 5 was out there interviewing the handful of people who were there, and that was Saturday. My guess is by now there's probably quite a few more. Lenox seems to be the primary Apple store for Atlanta, which is why I'm going to start using the Cumberland Mall store now! LOL! I hate going to Lenox...and I live only a few miles away from it on P'tree, lol!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm in Atlanta too we'll dunwoody....but I wanted to go to an apple store...on the 19th is it even worth it?

If you go early enough it will be worth it...though I'd say try to hit one of the outlying Apple stores if that is your plan. Perimeter Mall seems to always be less crowded, but it's also a significantly smaller store...Cumberland Mall is brand spanking new, so who knows on that one...Lenox is already lining up now so there's that...and Mall of Georgia I never consider because it's just so freakin' far away from everything.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

My 3rd point used a very key word "May", which MAY be totally and completely accurate...one of my fellow officers' wife is the manager of a small, rural Sprint store, and they didn't receive any iPhone's last year (nor did anyone actually buy one from them for weeks after release).

Chances are pretty good that if you're any where near a metropolitan area, you'll find stock at any carrier of some sort...but I used the word "may" to cover all the bases.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Before I get my hopes up what are the chances of me walking into T-Mobile and purchasing a iPhone 6 plus on release day ? I fell asleep during the pre orders lol.

My local store starts at 8 am. And as I mentioned in the other thread, it seems (at least in my area and a few others) that they will only carry the 16GB as they did with the 5S. So if you are wanting a 64 or 128, I would check with your store and see if they have an answer for you.

And as it was said, stock will be very limited. I would try Apple.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh