Shipping and Signature required

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
is it signature normally required for the iphones ?? no one will be home until 3pm on the 19th, UPS always leaves packages at my door..

chrisjohnson83

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
On website it says Apple uses fedex which I'm hoping they do for my delivery as purolator is the worst. UPS isn't bad. But based on ordering all the iPads and iPhones, I'm in Canada and a Signature has always been required. Doesn't have to be yours, anyone who answers the door is fine

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Damn it.... I guess I'll leave a note in the door saying we'll be home after 3pm.. Thanks guys

Not sure about UPS, but FedEx has a link on the tracking page to a release form. You should be able to print that out, sign it and leave it for the delivery guy. I think you can also provide instructions (like leave it at a neighbor, toss it over the fence, etc).

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Hank, I'll look it up when I get the tracking info, I'm Ok with them leaving the boxes outside.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It says there is a way to "pre-sign" for the package on the order status website (via Apple that is)...but I wasn't able to find it anywhere myself and looked over the entire page and all links. I know in the past it has been the same way with the iPhone, but I was hoping I might be able to go out and grab food and not worry about missing the USP guy. I'm just gonna stock up with the assumption I'll be at home all day waiting for him I suppose!

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Depends on who you ordered from. Last time when I ordered the iPhone 5 through Verizon Wireless, they use FedEx. The delivery guy just leave it on my porch. So I expect the same thing with my iPhone 6 Plus. And that's why I prefer FedEx than UPS. UPS always require signature or you have to go to their distribution center to pick up.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Apple requires a signature on all deliveries not just iphones. If you miss the delivery just call and tell them to hold it at the depot and pick it later.

mabel2026

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Last year I was able to print out a signature form & tape it to the door. Think it was through my apple acct but can't remember for sure...

terreos

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Like Raptor007 said you can just pick it up later in the day at the depot where it's being held. I've done this plenty of times with laptops, phones, models. . .it sure beats trying to play tag with the delivery man. They always come when no one is home at my place. Always. . .

ben182tx

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
When I ordered my iPhone 5 via preorder UPS delivered my iPhone (ordered through AT&T) and no signature was required...and my phone was stolen off my porch.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
A
When I ordered my iPhone 5 via preorder UPS delivered my iPhone (ordered through AT&T) and no signature was required...and my phone was stolen off my porch.
Ouch... I ordered thru Apple buy I'll check the status of the order regularly and will call fedex to pick it up at their place in case I miss it.. I have a surveillance system in my house and the front door is covered but theft is always a risk.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Ouch.. I'll check the status of the order regularly and will call fedex to pick it up at their place in case I missed it.. I have a surveillance system in my house and the front door is covered. We'll see how it goes.

Is there a next door neighbor that could sign and hold it for you

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Ugh this is always a dilemma that bothers me the most when waiting for items to be delivered. I ordered mine through Rogers and I'll be picking it up in store.

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Any time I've had anything ordered through UPS and I wasn't home to sign, I called them the minute I got home with the card they leave on the door in hand and switch it to pick up, then drive up to the distribution center. If you live within a reasonable radius of one you can do this. They usually will have it available for pickup same day and they'll usually tell you when the truck is expected back (and therefore when your package will be available).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW