Anyone's order changed to preparing for shipment?

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I ordered my phone (6+ 64GB silver) through Verizon...with the EPCD or whatever error it didn't go through until about 3:45EST. Also ordered my mom's phone (6+ 16GB silver) through Verizon.

My mom got an email with tracking info at 7PM on Saturday. I still haven't gotten an email, but my credit card was charged last night and this morning I'm seeing my order, and a tracking number, in My Verizon.

One weird thing...my tracking info is for UPS (the link takes me to a FedEx page but the number starts with a "1Z..." so I know it's UPS - no info on the UPS page yet). My mom's is for FedEx. Maybe FedEx has stopped taking orders so they can get the ones they have out on time?

EDIT: Just got the email that the phone shipped through UPS and should be delivered on Friday. Still no info when I click the tracking link.

I'm having the SAME PROBLEM.....
On my Verizon when I track it shows FedEx but nothing... Same 1Z tracking, now I got an email from Verizon conforming my shipment, it goes through UPS but it show anything.... Delivery date 9/19

Ariel484

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the SAME PROBLEM.....
On my Verizon when I track it shows FedEx but nothing... Same 1Z tracking, now I got an email from Verizon conforming my shipment, it goes through UPS but it show anything.... Delivery date 9/19
yeah, I've had that happen with other tracking numbers before - I ordered a case from Apple on Friday, it shipped yesterday and while the tracking number is in the system there's still no "updates" to be seen. I'm sure some info will show up tomorrow or Wednesday.

anon(4712533)

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
ok this is strange on Apple's website my order has "preparing for shipment" but when I log into MyUPS I have a tracking number for an order that has shipped and is going to be delivered on Friday 9/19/2014. I have nothing else on order so this is strange.

Screen Shot 2014-09-15 at 5.34.21 PM.jpg

jonquiljo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
As of 3:50 pm PDT, mine still says "preparing for shipment." Given the botched pre-order event, I will not hold my breath about Apple this round. Anything can happen.

People need to identify who they ordered from in this thread as Apple vs. the carrier's supply chain are likely different.

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I got my invoice email from Apple.ca today, and it changed to preparing to ship. The delivery window is the 19th to 23rd.

Mine has the 09/19-09/23 window as well (I ordered through apple.ca). I wonder why Apple Canada doesn't guarantee delivery for the 19th here by arranging shipping a few days early if necessary.

chrisjohnson83

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Mine has the 09/19-09/23 window as well (I ordered through apple.ca). I wonder why Apple Canada doesn't guarantee delivery for the 19th here by arranging shipping a few days early if necessary.

It shows that window because there are a few different zones, I'm in Calgary in zone 1 which shows delivered 09/19 but in zone 2 and 3 they may take up until the 23rd. Out of all the iPads and iPhones I've ordered from Apple.ca I've always got it launch day usually Mid afternoon for me, one time at 530 at night which I thought they'd not get to me that day but the ups man came through. That was for iPhone 5., where about are you?

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
It shows that window because there are a few different zones, I'm in Calgary in zone 1 which shows delivered 09/19 but in zone 2 and 3 they may take up until the 23rd. Out of all the iPads and iPhones I've ordered from Apple.ca I've always got it launch day usually Mid afternoon for me, one time at 530 at night which I thought they'd not get to me that day but the ups man came through. That was for iPhone 5., where about are you?

That's what I was thinking. The reason why I am wondering about that, is that I am in zone 1 (Winnipeg). I've only pre-ordered once (iPhone 4S) and my delivery wasn't until the Monday after.

mnicole03

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Same here, I ordered through AT&T & got the same thing except with a November ship date

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1410825477.110288.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1410825477.110288.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:

jonquiljo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
This is really strange. The AT&T orders shown above all say "preparing to ship", but the ship dates are in October and November. The apple orders also say "preparing to ship", but have delivery dates as early as 9/19 -- odd! The Apple preparing to ship seems normal, but AT&T is preparing to ship something that likely has yet to be built.

I guess we'tt have to wait and see. Has anyone - not just 6 plus orders - had an actual notification of shipment with tracking number, etc. I guess I have lost so much faith in Apple, that anything is possible.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh