What is September 19th going to be like?

Dev from tipb

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I preordered a 6+ for in-store pickup on the 19th (delivery was mid-October by the time I could get through on the 12th). I am...nervous as to much of a zoo it is going to be on launch day. Any veterans out there have an idea?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I preordered a 6+ for in-store pickup on the 19th (delivery was mid-October by the time I could get through on the 12th). I am...nervous as to much of a zoo it is going to be on launch day. Any veterans out there have an idea?

It'll be fine. A madhouse yes, but fine. Just keep things in perspective. For one, as much as we all are enthusiasts to the core...it's just a phone. And second, no matter how chaotic it is, it's temporary and before you know it you'll be home enjoying your new device. Go in with ample patience and trust that the associates are doing all they can to assist you in the process.

essay2u

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
These questions come up every year. Delivery date is delivery date. Apple ships them early, and the couriers hold them for delivery on launch day. If your order says deliver on 9/19, you will get it then, barring some sort of national emergency.

Yea. That's what I thought originally. But at 5 in the morning when I was ordering, the shipping estimate date was sometime during the following week so I figured I made a mistake. Pickup was still offered for in store at that time. Then I watched the keynote and could swear Tim Cook said they were shipping on the 19th. At any rate, glad to be wrong like I said. Wish me luck at the zoo.....

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It's gonna be a fine day. Because when I get to the mall I'm going to stop for a boba strawberry/banana smoothie before I head to the Apple Store where I'll be walking right in and walking out purposely with my iPhone 6+ without a bag so all the people standing in line see that. I will also be doing this wearing nothing but black and my sunglasses indoors like a wrestling heel. And if someone tries to jump me for it, they'll have a little surprise on their hands. Mostly blood.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It's gonna be a fine day. Because when I get to the mall I'm going to stop for a boba strawberry/banana smoothie before I head to the Apple Store where I'll be walking right in and walking out purposely with my iPhone 6+ without a bag so all the people standing in line see that. I will also be doing this wearing nothing but black and my sunglasses indoors like a wrestling heel. And if someone tries to jump me for it, they'll have a little surprise on their hands. Mostly blood.

LOL.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Off topic personal question: You have a mother-in-law and a girlfriend? Hmmm. Interesting.

With all the phones you?re handing out, you?re kind of like Santa Claus!

Haha. Uh yeah. Sort of. Well I call her my mother in law cause we tight like that. Don't know what else to call her.
The rest of my fam got iPhone and samsungs.
Thought a bit of giving would be a fresh thing to do.
It's all love at the end of the day.

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Here was my experience when I bought my 5 two solid weeks after launch.

My 5 had an issue with connecting to wifi, so I figured I'd run up to the Apple Store to see if they could check it out for me. I got there about 10 minutes before the store opened and there were a good 30-40 people outside and a line guard standing there. He asked me if I was trying to buy a 5 and I said no, that I already had one and needed to speak to someone at the Genius Bar and he told me just to hang out (he also let me in the store first, bonus, but not so much when 30-some-odd people glare at you like they're gonna find you in the parking lot later). So yeah, 2 or so weeks after launch there were STILL a ton of people hanging out waiting for a 5, and I can only assume it'll be worse for a 6+ because of the lack of immediate availability in preorders.

So if you go, go early and maybe even go again a few days later if launch day is too much of a zoo or if you aren't there early enough.

JeffAces28

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
For the record, I will be heading to Verizon/Best Buy in the morning on September 19th to hopefully snag a 6+. After that I'm packing up and heading to Erie, PA for a weekend away at the wineries. Should be fun!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Supposedly they are back ordered and might not be available on Friday. Would call my carrier store if I was you

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok all - we're less than 2 hours away from launch day. Let's bring this thread back and keep it going!!

How are YOU spending tomorrow?!

I'll be heading out to a few local stores around 7 am to see if there are lines forming. I'm going to choose the shortest line and will hopefully be walking out with a new iPhone 6!!

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I will be going to work to educate our future generation. Then as soon as I get off I will be at the Sprint store where my phone shipped picking it up and then I will get home ad play with it until it dies. Wake up and do it again, and again.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Well I successfully purchased my new 64 GB, Silver iPhone 6 this morning! Went to the first Verizon store a little before 7 and it was INSANELY busy (there were tents in front of the store). Headed over to the other local Verizon store and there were only 15 people in line. The store opened promptly at 8 and I was all wrapped up shortly after 8:30. Also snagged an Otterbox Commuter (all black) and a cheap Verizon glass screen protector to use until my ZAGG Glass ships (didn't want to go the next 2-3 weeks without some sort of screen protector).

Actually had a chance to purchase a Plus but it was entirely too big in person. Really happy with the size of the 6. I'm now enjoying a cup of coffee and playing with my new device.

Heading up to Erie, PA shortly to visit the wineries and will be investigating the Best Buy near our hotel for another case option. The Specks look pretty good!

Hope everyone else is having a good day and had great luck getting their iPhones!

essay2u

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Well I successfully purchased my new 64 GB, Silver iPhone 6 this morning! Went to the first Verizon store a little before 7 and it was INSANELY busy (there were tents in front of the store). Headed over to the other local Verizon store and there were only 15 people in line. The store opened promptly at 8 and I was all wrapped up shortly after 8:30. Also snagged an Otterbox Commuter (all black) and a cheap Verizon glass screen protector to use until my ZAGG Glass ships (didn't want to go the next 2-3 weeks without some sort of screen protector).

Actually had a chance to purchase a Plus but it was entirely too big in person. Really happy with the size of the 6. I'm now enjoying a cup of coffee and playing with my new device.

Heading up to Erie, PA shortly to visit the wineries and will be investigating the Best Buy near our hotel for another case option. The Specks look pretty good!

Hope everyone else is having a good day and had great luck getting their iPhones!

So happy and impressed. Now I can safely say I didn't think you had a shot:) but all's well that ends well. Use the Vinino app at the wineries. If you don't have it, great free download. Enjoy!!!!

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
So happy and impressed. Now I can safely say I didn't think you had a shot:) but all's well that ends well. Use the Vinino app at the wineries. If you don't have it, great free download. Enjoy!!!!

Well all my family and friends tell me I have insanely good luck (in pretty much all aspects of my life). I guess that luck made an appearance today too haha!! Thanks for the app suggestion! I just downloaded the app and it looks great!! If you enjoy wineries, I found an app about a month ago that acts as a passport. You get stamps for each winery you visit and can make notes about each. Give the app "Winery Passport" all try!

I have to say, September 19 (2014) turned out to be pretty freakin' awesome!

I'm right there with you Hank! What a fantastic day!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

essay2u

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Well all my family and friends tell me I have insanely good luck (in pretty much all aspects of my life). I guess that luck made an appearance today too haha!! Thanks for the app suggestion! I just downloaded the app and it looks great!! If you enjoy wineries, I found an app about a month ago that acts as a passport. You get stamps for each winery you visit and can make notes about each. Give the app "Winery Passport" all try!

I will try it!!! Thanks!
Sounds like it worked out but the app name is actually Vivino. Still getting used to this phone and iOS 8. Lol!

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I will try it!!! Thanks!
Sounds like it worked out but the app name is actually Vivino. Still getting used to this phone and iOS 8. Lol!

Haha I actually think I misspelled it the correct way! I didn't think to copy and paste (it was a long day with the whole iPhone launch and all)!!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh