Apple Care vs Insurance from Verizon Wireless

TLKoontz

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Definitely, AppleCare!

Verizon charges $10/mnth, EVERY MONTH, then charges ~$150 if you need a replacement... The one time I did use it they sent a scratched (clearly used) device!

Since that one time I've always used AppleCare with a one-time cost of $99, and a $79 deductible--and 2 incidents.

Just do the math. Not to mention how much nicer Apple is to deal with, than Big Red!

Although, Square Trade might be a good alternative, too... Just avoid Verizon--at all cost !

BalrogWing

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I can still buy Apple Care + from Apple even though I ordered through Verizon's website right? I'm still debating between them and Square Trade.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Apple Care: they're just way more efficient and faster.
Also, with Verizon insurance, if they have to replace your phone, they give you a refurbished "pre owned" device, not a new one. So you pay all these premiums and wind up with someone else's headache.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
If I had an Apple store near me, I might go with Apple Care plus. However, I don't, so I have always gone with Square Trade. $99 for two years, $75 deductible. It doesn't include loss/theft. My wife dropped her iPhone 4 in the toilet, and Square Trade was no problem.

Chris

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I preordered my iPhone 6 Plus from the Apple website, but didn't choose AppleCare+ (I just wanted to get checked out before I got another error). If I take my phone into an Apple store once I receive it, do I need to make a Genius Bar appointment? Or can I just walk in and purchase it through a sales rep?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh