For those who preordered through att

tattooed4515

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Wow seriously? I started this thread just trying to figure crap out on what was going on and to see what everyone else's experience is and status is...and now I'm getting bashed for it? Because I ordered through a carrier and am upset because even though I submitted my order minutes after pre orders started and yet get dates of mid November while others who ordered it later get a month earlier? So apparently I'm not allowed to be concerned where my $800 investment is? (No upgrade paid full price). This is actually my third pre order. Not my first. But this might be my last time here. There's no reason to be an ******* because someone is upset in a situation like this.

rgood0810

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I think after 7 iphone releases apple and carriers alike would know to have a large supply of these devices...large enough to meet the demand. There's no reason for someone who ordered with in the first 10 minutes to have to wait a month to get their phone. My date is Oct 13 so I'm not upset, but I see why others are mad. Plus I will be going to wait in line to try and get one when it comes out, but we will see....if I don't get one then I'll wait but if I do then I will cancel my order.

rgood0810

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Also I worked in the call center for att when the iphone 5 came out and peoples phone shipped as early as a month before they thought it would, so there is always that Ray of light!

KennyMcCormack

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
WoW!

This thread is all over the place. Can someone explain to a noob what is going on? Is there a root message here that we can all learn from?

mzri

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I actually ordered a few minutes early through att premiere business and got a confirmation at 3:51am est. My expected ship date is 11/9- 11/27, but my current order status is "preparing for shipment". It doesn't make any sense at all. I don't think the shipping estimates mean anything. Especially where carriers are concerned.

tattooed4515

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I had the same status as you. I just cancelled my order through att. Spent a little time on the phone with a rep because of the preparing for shipment but late ship date. She assured me nothing was going to get better only worse. So by att. Never again will I pre order anything through you again

johnwill

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
This conversation with an apple apologist will prove to be pointless. Therefore after this I will unsubscribe. Preorder or not, the date for release is the 19th. They didn't say iPhone 6 only, they sold it as iPhones. Bottom line is they never planned on anyone getting the plus on the release date unless you wanted to stand in line all day.

As for ordering through apple? Hmm well I and other like me tried very very early this morning. To no avail. Btw., so I went with my carrier because at least I could get on the site. The other point I'd like to make on your other apology for apple is this.

It may be done like this every year, that doesn't make it right. I went from the 19th to 21-28 days to now a date of early to mid November. That may be ok with you mr. Know it all, but it isn't me.

I for one and, and yes I am in the minority am sick of how they handle release dates and pre orders. You keep on taking it from them. I won't. I'll be moving on the the note 4 if they continue to tell me I have to wait until November. My loyalty has ended with this company.

Now carry on with your ridiculous drivel and support for them, while I now out. Take care all star.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Oh, get over it, hotshot. Don't flatter yourself. Its only a PHONE!

And grow up . . .

wgfinley

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I was on as soon as they opened it up and quickly and easily got my order for a Gold 6 Plus 128 GB without any issues. I got the same 10/13 - 10/22 date you guys got.

Here's what I know from prior experience with AT&T pre-order:

First, they always under promise and over deliver, I've usually gotten my phone before the date they gave me. I'm not even sure if they know what they get, I'm sure Apple assesses the orders and allocates accordingly.

Second, if you cancel you will likely regret it. You lose your place in line, your upgrade eligibility gets hosed and it looks like things are no better from Apple with the 6 Plus so you might as well stick it out.

I was using an available upgrade from my family pool so really had no choice, you can't do that through Apple, you have to go straight to AT&T. Hopefully they (and Apple) don't let us down.

tattooed4515

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm paying full price for the phone either way. Cancelled att preorder with mid nov ship date. Ordered with apple. Mid oct delivery date. Much better. Going to try to get one on release day if I can, from a store. If I can I will cancel the apple.com order.

Cmatt1971

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Same here when pre-ordering from at&t in the past. I have almost always got my phone well before the date they told me it would ship.

Last time I looked mine was still showing ships in 21-28 days and is still pending.

I'm in no huge hurry to get it, after all it's just a phone. The only reason I decided to pre-order is that I just happen to be working graveyard shift and was up anyway. I'll just keep using the G3 until it arrives.

Bias reduX

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I have no argument for the carriers...they very well may screwed the pooch on this whole thing, which is why almost every regular user on this website suggests using Apple to make your pre-orders (and any orders or services for that matter). I'd tend to say that I could almost guarantee the carriers mismanaged it, because that is what they do well...and why relying on them for Apple product purchases and service should be a last resort...and from what I can see, many people jumped to the carrier websites to order because many of them popped up BEFORE the Apple site or app. And now we see that many of the results were negative...

Perhaps some good experience for some of you to use on future pre-orders.
See the only real problem I have with this, is that (i'm willing to bet) a large number of pre-orders were done through the app (which not everyone has access too). Due to its circulation from the internet to friends that it was the only way you could pre-order the phone (I was up until 3 AM (MST) trying anyways with 2 computers and a phone browser trying). It's not like I wanted to choose At&t as my buying place, but I had to roll the dice or face even worse consequences then waiting for Apple's site.
Though Apple is still not as long of a wait as AT&T is estimating right now, so I would be bothering reps to get my upgrade reverted ASAP.

Anyways as for me, my ship date is estimated 10/2 - 10/13. I do really want the phone, but I don't know how willing I am to camp out for it haha.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Wow seriously? I started this thread just trying to figure crap out on what was going on and to see what everyone else's experience is and status is...and now I'm getting bashed for it? Because I ordered through a carrier and am upset because even though I submitted my order minutes after pre orders started and yet get dates of mid November while others who ordered it later get a month earlier? So apparently I'm not allowed to be concerned where my $800 investment is? (No upgrade paid full price). This is actually my third pre order. Not my first. But this might be my last time here. There's no reason to be an ******* because someone is upset in a situation like this.

Who was bashing you? You have these silly little groups of people that think Apple is out to get them no matter what the scenario is, if it doesn't go PERFECTLY for them, Apple is attacking them. It's ridiculous, and screams spoiled entitlement (and childishness since some of our brethren can't help but to call names instead of continuing conversation).

And trust me, I'll be the first to admit that I'm an *******...no doubt about it, and I've been called worse...but you know why it usually happens here? Because some people get really upset when they don't get their way and someone calls them out on it. I find it hilarious, and get a kick out of pointing it out...name calling is fine, comes with the territory.

I hope you don't stop posting here, but I would suggest growing some thicker skin, especially since the bulk of the scuffling earlier wasn't even related to you directly at all, and certainly wasn't "bashing". I would hope that you clearly knew where your $800 investment was going to be before you even clicked "Buy"...and I've got a pretty good feeling every one of you guys did.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods